Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

All set for 7:48am Sunday. I need revenge on that damn course from last time haha

Cool beans. You and me both. Though, if they start us on the back I'm riding. LOL

Awesome.
Let me find out what days I'll be in Cultus, and I'll get back to you.

Sounds like a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys!

I don't post much bit am an avid reader of the forums here. In any case I live here in the Northwest (split between gig harbor and seattle), and would love to have some guys to play golf with! It gets old always playing alone or with strangers. Do any of you guys play in the seattle/tacoma area much?

For those in bham, went to school up there and love the area. Also just played semiahmoo last week and was stoked how playable that course was...

Anyways, this is my attempt to be more proactive here ... :)

- Mark

Hey guys!

I don't post much bit am an avid reader of the forums here. In any case I live here in the Northwest (split between gig harbor and seattle), and would love to have some guys to play golf with! It gets old always playing alone or with strangers. Do any of you guys play in the seattle/tacoma area much?

For those in bham, went to school up there and love the area. Also just played semiahmoo last week and was stoked how playable that course was...

- Mark

Hey Mark! Glad to hear from you. I don't play down in that area a ton, but I'll be sure to let you know if I end up teeing it up down that way.

As for your area, Dr RosenRosen lives a lot closer to you than I do, hopefully you can tee it up with him sometime! I'm hoping to make it down at some point to play in his area as well, maybe we could all make a day of it.

Hey guys!

- Mark

Hello Mark, We play at times in Bellingham mostly but I have wanted to venture closer to Seattle for sure. Maybe we can set up a meeting near the Seattle area soon , as I am unsure of courses there Skibum or Checkered may know courses we can hit up. Hope to tee it up soon

What's the word on Sudden Valley? Is it tight? Open? Comparable courses?

I'm ready to rock boys!

What's the word on Sudden Valley? Is it tight? Open? Comparable courses?

I'm ready to rock boys!
Front 9 is fairly flat and plays by the lake - driver very much in play here. The back is hilly, wooded, and tight - a lot of placement holes. A tale of two nines, really. It's a very fun course though, nice variety.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Anyone up for a round next Sunday? its my first day off in a month and a bit and I am itching to play. Either side of the border is fine, bit prefer early Am state side

Anyone up for a round next Sunday? its my first day off in a month and a bit and I am itching to play. Either side of the border is fine, bit prefer early Am state side

I wish I could man, but I'm gonna be at Chambers for the Open the day before so I'm probably gonna get back late Saturday night. The following weekend (June 27-28) would be good for me though if you're available?

I'm at Cultus Lake Monday July 27th thru Friday July 31st.
I'm in Vancouver Friday July 24th and Saturday July 25th.

Hopefully JaysFan and I can get in a round at Cultus, and I may be available for. Fri/Sat round on the 24th/25th, if anyone is up for it.

I was looking around for a set of clubs to buy and leave up in Vancouver, but, considering, at best I'll probably only get in 2-4 rounds a year up that way, I'm just going to send my old, original set of MacGregor's up there. They are the clubs I learned to golf with, so as much as they might suck, at least they are familiar to me, and I used to love them.
I don't want to pay to rent clubs.

...and I never have to worry about getting them stolen.

JaysFan...I'm only seeing an executive course in Cultus. It looks pretty though...but, are there any other courses in that area?

There's a good course in Chiliwack called The Falls. Probably 10 or 15 minutes from Cultus. Fun, first 14 holes all mountain with some nice elevation, last four holes in the valley. I play there every time I'm out west.

Chilliwack Golf Club is a favorite of mine. Huge old trees line the fairways and the holes are fun. No elevation change though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wish I could man, but I'm gonna be at Chambers for the Open the day before so I'm probably gonna get back late Saturday night. The following weekend (June 27-28) would be good for me though if you're available? No worries, the week after should be a go as well. Ugly swing will be in town so maybe a course like Northview?

I'm at Cultus Lake Monday July 27th thru Friday July 31st.
I'm in Vancouver Friday July 24th and Saturday July 25th.

Hopefully JaysFan and I can get in a round at Cultus, and I may be available for. Fri/Sat round on the 24th/25th, if anyone is up for it.

I was looking around for a set of clubs to buy and leave up in Vancouver, but, considering, at best I'll probably only get in 2-4 rounds a year up that way, I'm just going to send my old, original set of MacGregor's up there. They are the clubs I learned to golf with, so as much as they might suck, at least they are familiar to me, and I used to love them.
I don't want to pay to rent clubs.

...and I never have to worry about getting them stolen.

JaysFan...I'm only seeing an executive course in Cultus. It looks pretty though...but, are there any other courses in that area?
Hello Ugly swing, I believe there is one full size course by or was. Let me take a look see to see what I can find. Looking forward to meet you

The falls in Chilliwack looks like the best bet, an amazing course from my understanding. www.thefalls.com. The price point looks reasonable as well.

Sounds/looks good to me.

Ive only played one round up north since I started golfing, and that was at an 'executive' course in Richmond.
I remember how incredidible the grass was. The divots looked like toupee's. With the drought down in Southern California most of the time I've been golfing, that kind of grass will be nice to hit off of.

Sounds/looks good to me.

Ive only played one round up north since I started golfing, and that was at an 'executive' course in Richmond.
I remember how incredidible the grass was. The divots looked like toupee's. With the drought down in Southern California most of the time I've been golfing, that kind of grass will be nice to hit off of.

What time and date works best for you? Will you need a pick up or your have wheels while you are here? I really liked the course from the photos, looks like a great track for sure. I have heard some real horror stories about the water drought in Cali as I work with produce 80% of our stuff is from there. Either the sizes are smaller or the price is a buck or more then usaul, the drops have taken a beating. I feel bad for the farmers, hope they can make a little extra from this.

Anyone up for a round this Saturday or Sunday preferably in BC as I work at 3pm

Sorry dude, no can do this weekend. Heading out for Cali next week so I've got a bunch of crap I need to get done!

Sorry dude, no can do this weekend. Heading out for Cali next week so I've got a bunch of crap I need to get done!

No worries, all the best in the shaft experience. Anyone else for a early morning round in the sunshine?

Sorry dude.
I'll be playing on the Vancouver Golf Tour Saturday.

No worries, all the best in the shaft experience. Anyone else for a early morning round in the sunshine?

Got a ways till the shaft experience haha, I'll see ya before that! This is a family vacation.

Sorry dude.
I'll be playing on the Vancouver Golf Tour Saturday.

Best of luck, play well

Northern. Dillon Beach (near Petaluma) for Jul 3-10, Redding for 10-12.

Nice. Have fun. If it were LA/OC area I'd say let's try make a round happen. Enjoy the vaca

Back