Altered Course: New Golf Channel competition series premieres June 15

I gotta admit, this show interest me. Combines two things I love, golf, and pushing yourself athletically.
Heck, cart golf pushes me athletically. LOL.

Excited to see what this is all about, I really like the premise. The location doesnt suck either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skim: Is this to replace Big Break?

I saw the promo clips a few times and it looks like some sort of freebie online game for your phone. I will pass on this and take an "altered course" to find something else to watch.

So tonight is the night... try as I might I have not been able to keep an open mind about this show. Every part of my being is telling me I am not going to enjoy it at all. I enjoyed Big Break and after I discovered it a few years ago I never missed an episode. Sure it was hokey, had manufactured drama and some silly challenges, but you couldn't win that show if you weren't a good golfer. I also enjoy looking at leaderboards and results to see if I recognize the names of former Big Break contestants. For the life of me I can't see somebody winning this show and making it to the PGA/LPGA tour a few years later.

I doubt that American Ninja Warrior would increase viewership by gaining lots of golf fans if the final part of the obstacle course was hitting a driver farther than the other finalists, and to me this is kind of the same idea.

Heck, if GC wanted to do a contest show that was based on actual speed golf, where they still played real golf courses with real hole layouts and golf rules I would probably give that show a fair shot, but I could care less who can run through some bushes and repel down a cliff faster between swings.

I am going to set the DVR to record tonights premier. After the rest of the family goes to bed, and I can't find anything else to watch, I am going to watch this show for as long as I can before it either puts me to sleep, makes me mad and I give up on it, or it convinces me that maybe I will enjoy watching it. I really doubt that it will be able to overcome my preconceived opinion about it, but I am hopeful it will.

I have the DVR set but I am not sure I will make an entire episode. It doesn't look that interesting to me but I will give it a chance.

Looking forward to tuning in tonight, from the preview looks like it has glimpses of goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVR set

I'm actually really interested in this show. The concept is definitely something new, so Ill be tuning in tonight.

I don't know if the DVR is set, but I'll tune in and give it a chance. I think darnall made the perfect post as far as my sentiments on this one.

Well, that's enough of that.

Im not ready to give up on it just yet.

Just turned it on.

I'm just waiting for someone to eat it running downhill.

Not really feeling it...kinda watching it and waiting for the wreck.

Mulligans? Checkpoints? I'm so lost.

The video from the drones are cool tho.

They can leave the pin in when they are putting?

It's ok for me so far. I am also waiting for a faceplant.

One thing they brought over from Big Break: 40 commercial breaks in 60 minutes.

So...uhhh....this is interesting.

One thing they brought over from Big Break: 40 commercial breaks in 60 minutes.

That's why I could never get in to Big Break. The amount of commercials killed it for me, plus the recaps after coming back from every break.

Back