Love to play but dont really follow or watch much golf?

Love to play but dont really follow or watch much golf?

• cant get enough of it on tv

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • watch some, a decent amount

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • barely watch much at all

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • always keep on top of the tour

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • somewhat informed of whats happening

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • hardly informed of what goin on

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
We all i assume love golf or most probably wouldn't be here.
I know many here are always up on the who's who, who's doing what, where, how, etc.. and just all the things tour golf related and also watch it religiously. But I wonder how many here love playing golf but don't really love to follow it. Perhaps watch it if you happen to catch it on tv but don't go out of your way to watch it.
Perhaps only go out of your way to watch a major but not so much others. May be some don't follow or watch it much at all. While others cant get enough of it and others fall in between.
You may even watch religiously but don't bother to keep on top of all the stats and happenings for the whos who and whats going on. Yea I think that's possible because you just really enjoy watching but don't really care to follow very closely. Only know what you know by default due to watching so much.

For me - its mediocre. I love of course to play it and practice and learn etc. But I admit I do not follow it professionally they way many of you do. I watch it when I happen to catch it and sometimes do look for it. But honestly I'm not watching regularly like I would for football or something like that. I don't get upset I missed something. I enjoy it but not always watch nor am I really always on top of who is doing what.

So whats your story as for "both" watching golf and also how much you keep yourself informed (stay on top of) who's who and doing what, where how whens. etc...You can multi vote so the poll works for both topics sort of separately.

Last edited:
Other than the Majors, I very rarely watch golf. Keep myself informed through THP.

Same boat, I watch the majors and that's about it.

I follow pretty closely. As I have gotten older, I enjoy following it more and more. If my NFL, NCAA, etc. team lost, it used to ruin weekend. With golf, I can be happy for any number of guys that win.

I like to watch the golf network at night. helps me fall asleep :act-up:

Tried to get into it this year but really lost a lot of interest. The Masters is still my only must watch major and the pebble beach pro am is my favorite must watch non major event.

I watch the final round of just about every tournament. The only ones I Always watch all 4 rounds of are the U.S. Open and PGA Championship. I do watch a number of shows on the golf channel like Big break, The Fix, Lesson Tee live, etc.

I watched it a decent amount when Tiger was destroying everyone and when Phil was doing really well. My interest just isn't the same anymore. I watch none, and only stay informed from ESPN and such.

I watch a lot of golf. I pay more attention to the Majors, but I'd say I watch golf 3 times a week year round

Other than PVR'ing every tourney, I don't watch much golf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I watch whenever I can. Now, during summer, I watch a lot more. Love all the majors, especially the Masters, but always try to catch as much as I can on TV

I watched it a decent amount when Tiger was destroying everyone and when Phil was doing really well. My interest just isn't the same anymore. I watch none, and only stay informed from ESPN and such.

I think it fair to say most people (regardless how much they watch and follow) probably did more of both then. Even a number of people who never watched, followed or played probably also did some watching and tab keeping then too.

Last edited:
I watch as much as i can but don't watch every minute of the tv time for the tour. between the threads on thp and some sports websites i stay informed.

I certainly watch the majors, but sometimes, if I'm playing I miss the beginning of the TV coverage, but always try and watch the final rounds coming down the stretch.

I usually only check out the final round of tournaments that have some kind of online streaming coverage. Other than that I rarely follow what's going on with the tour.

Guess I should've read through before voting - didn't get the multi vote part so add another to "always keep on top of the tour"

I'll be watching a bit this week, but normally not so much. I'd rather just play. Used to watch a lot of golf on TV, but I've lost interest over the last 10-15 years. I'll catch some of the weekend broadcasts if a player I like is in the hunt, but otherwise I just can't get up much interest any more except for the top tier tournaments.

I've started watching a lot more golf on TV than I did in years past. I think it's probably due to playing golf on DraftKings, if I have a couple of guys in contention, I want to see what they're doing down the stretch. Any of the bigger tournaments though, I'll be watching those just because.

I tend to only pay attention during major championships and the Ryder cup. Even with those elite events I simply don't watch as much of the coverage as I used to. I tend to still see about all the golf just on Sundays at Augusta, the Open, and the US Open, and as much of the Ryder Cup as I can. Otherwise I'm OK catching up afterwards.

I almost always catch a little of the final round for most tournaments. The majors and the Players, I'm glued to the TV screen.

I'll watch the majors and bigger tournaments, I might occasionally tune in on Sundays of other tournaments. But I stay on top of what is going on just about every weekend thanks to fantasy.

I watch it a good amount, LPGA included. I would rather spend that TV time actually playing but, with kids and life that just cannot happen right now.

I watch the majors with a lot of interest. Generally I will have it on TV on the weekends and if things get interesting my attention will become more focused. Like watching the Ryder's Cup and President's cup. I do like watching our local tournament at Torrey Pines as well as the Pro-Am at Pebble Beach. When the pros play TPC Sawgrass I tend to watch it.

I guess for things like the majors and Ryder's cup the competition steps up a notch and it adds drama. After a lesson on pitching and chipping I do watch the pros in those situation to reaffirm in my head what I'm supposed to be doing.

Does the fact that I DVR events to stay caught up mean I have an issue?

Back