Was fighting a hook, now across the line and fighting both directions!

jpb5101

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,

Sorry for the poor quality of video. I started playing golf seriously about two years ago. Used to hit a massive slice and could never break an honest 120. After a lot of lessons and a ton practice I was able to consistently shoot between 80-85 last years (breaking 80 3x!). My ball flight last year was a nice little push draw and my big miss was a hook, I couldn't hit a fade/slice if I tried last year.

Anyways, at the end of January this year I underwent SLAP/bankhart repair surgery and I was unable to swing a club until early May. Around mid-May I was given the green light to go 100% with no restrictions.

When I first started playing again I was suffering from a massive hook. High hook with my irons and a snap hook with my driver. I ended up running into a local HS coach while playing and asked if my grip was too strong so I have tried to make it more neutral. Now my misses tend to be a low hook or a high fade, but I still hit a push draw the majority of the time.

One major thing I've noticed since coming back is my swing is WAY across the line. The below video is my 6 iron and it only gets worse as the club gets longer. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to correct it.

I welcome any/all help and I look forward to talking golf with everyone!

Thanks
Joe

Also, it looks like the computer setting for this was sped up a little bit. My swing is not that fast, I'm going to try to go back today to get a better video. I appreciate any help!

Hi Everyone,

Below is a video from today slowed down. Thanks for any help you can offer!

I've looked at your video and it's very difficult to view. I know you reroute the club a few times in the swing. Finish to upright and you also cast. This is caused by the take away and back swing. I'd like to see a one piece take away and the club should not travel so far outside on the way back. Straight back from the ball and then up to the top.
The take away is setting up your entire swing. Let work on that take away and then let me know where you need help

I've looked at your video and it's very difficult to view. I know you reroute the club a few times in the swing. Finish to upright and you also cast. This is caused by the take away and back swing. I'd like to see a one piece take away and the club should not travel so far outside on the way back. Straight back from the ball and then up to the top.
The take away is setting up your entire swing. Let work on that take away and then let me know where you need help

Thanks for the advice! Sorry for the poor video quality I was trying to film it off my golftec screen, I'll have the wife film live at the range this week.

I'll start working on it tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back