Best Ball for a 20 handicap

There are a ton of great choices, but I can't help but think Bridgestone e6 when I read your post.

Bought a box of Callaway Super Softs, went out and shot an 89 (first time ever under 90) (I just picked up golf this year) should have been a much lower score but finished double, and triple on 17-18. Still I managed to break 90 and only just picked up golf this year so Im feeling gr8.

I can lose the E6 and the Wilson Duo at half the price of of a ProV1!

Top Flite gamer. I still love that ball. Never tried the tour but can't imagine liking it more. I have no trouble stopping the irons dead. Chips don't bite like a prov, but I like that. My favorite ball off the tee as well. Cheap doesn't hurt either.

I highly recommend the Wilson Duo for $20 at Sports Authority (often on sale). Great distance off the tee and feel around/on the greens. Been playing it in the PNW under all playing conditions and it's my "go-to" ball.

I play Srixon Trispeed which I believee is a couple of years old. I get them from an outlet store at good price and I really like them. I am a newbie 20 hcp as well

I have had good luck with Wilson duo and Bridgestone E6.

I like the Q Star and its the best coloured yellow ball on the market if you are into yellow balls

I'm a 20 and the Bridgestone E series is definitely solid. I, however, absolutely love the older Bridgestone Treo Soft. Always been a great ball for me and I just stocked up recently when Dick's had them on sale online.

I have used the Bridgestone E6 & E7, the Wilson Duo, a Taylormade of some sort I don't recall my coach recommended...all had moments they worked well and then moments they became spray-o-matic. Can't go wrong with any of them. When all factors are taken into account, I am so convinced it is the right ball for me I have 5 boxes sitting in my bag of Nike Pro Soft. Sports Authority routinely sells them for 15 bucks, I get 20% off coupons all the time...so about a buck a ball for something that for me has outperformed the others?

I can keep 4, 5, 6 boxes on hand for working on chipping with the balls I actually use, they drive well with minimal spin off the driver but give me pretty solid control around the green...my game is fairly similar to yours sounds like and it works for me.

As always with these things, what works for me may not work for you and there are much smarter guys than me recommending other balls but might be one to throw in the mix for a trial.

Cool guys, ill try the nikes as well...so far loving t he caly super softs at $20 a box isnt bad at all.

Bought a box of Callaway Super Softs, went out and shot an 89 (first time ever under 90) (I just picked up golf this year) should have been a much lower score but finished double, and triple on 17-18. Still I managed to break 90 and only just picked up golf this year so Im feeling gr8.

Good choice man.
The Supersofts got me to my first sub 80 round (78). I normally have to retire them to my shag bag (scuffs and what not) before I ever lose one. Not that a scuffed ball is unplayable I just prefer a clean ball.

I hope this one stays around a long time from Cally.

So ..... I played a round yesterday and found a lost Pro V1X, I hit it on 2 drives, and smashed it...much further than I normally hit my Cally supersoft, both drives went 280 on my GPS tracker. So I played another round today, and decided to just play the Prov1x to see how far I could drive it all day. Well not only did I smash it off the tee, I hit it incredibly str8, hit 90% of fairways, also loved the feel off the irons and wedges as well as really loved it putting....I guess golf got a hole lot more expensive for me.

I also never lost the ball, and was able to game it the entire round, on top of that I shot my career best (just started golfing this year) of 85 (prior best was 89).

I will be buying a pack of ProV1x, and hope I can continue playing well.

Project a feels great in the short game, don't. Price a difference off the driver

Any ball will work to tell you the truth.

Any ball will work to tell you the truth.

I was actually curious about this. I seem to play better more consistently with the Nike ProSoft but have always wondered how much of it was ball technology and how much was just [pure confidence. Maybe the first time I played this particular ball I had one of those days where everything clicked and it just made me believe.

At the same time, I am, according the the most recent H-cap update, a 23 handicap. I am pretty routinely a few shots either way from bogey for the round on a pretty soft course and just finished 12 over on a much longer, more difficult course. Per Trackman my Driver is 107 mph, but my short wedges per instruction from my coach I am really swinging softer. I can and have hit my PW 149 yards pretty consistently but really use it at about 120 standard, I would rather take my 50 degree with a 9 o clock swing than my 55 with a 3/4 from 75 yards, etc. Since I am swinging soft for control and launching it pretty high (I get a lot of "trying to bring rain with that?" cracks from some of my steady partners).

With that profile, it does not feel like there should be a whole lot of difference in ball technology, but whenever I try a Top Flite or Titleist I just feel like I spray the ball all over...go back to the Nike and on target. Is it just my psychological confidence or at my lower skill level does ball actually matter?

New here. First post. I've been playing the e6 for the last few seasons, mostly for the reduced side-spin off the tee. Played both the 2011 and 2013 models and am not sure I notice a difference. I supposed I prefer to play the 2013 model since it's newer. Keeping track of my stats this season and I'm hitting 65% of the fairways. Lots of room for improvement in my game, but I'm sticking with the e6 and highly recommend it.

New here. First post. I've been playing the e6 for the last few seasons, mostly for the reduced side-spin off the tee. Played both the 2011 and 2013 models and am not sure I notice a difference. I supposed I prefer to play the 2013 model since it's newer. Keeping track of my stats this season and I'm hitting 65% of the fairways. Lots of room for improvement in my game, but I'm sticking with the e6 and highly recommend it.

You recommend it over the Prov1s I bought from you the other day?

Bridgestone E6. Designed to reduce sidespin and help you make straighter shots. Really helped my game.

Whatever you won't be upset about losing. DT solo, chromesoft, top flight gamer.

You recommend it over the Prov1s I bought from you the other day?

I like 'em better than the ProVs, mostly because of the reduced spin, but partly because they're cheaper. For my game, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to play the pricey balls.

Here's 2 to try. Top Flight Gamer Soft, and the Maxfli Softfli. Both soft 3 piece. And reasonably priced. The Maxfli is my current gamer and at 2 for 25$ a real bargain.

Mark Shuman

I bought a box of e6 balls and tried them out. I think they feel better than the Nike Mojo and did help a bit with my cutter-esque drives.

Back