JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a go to? Maybe it's 2 Ball or RST or maybe you prefer a putter with no alignment. What is your favorite?

I have tried them all and nothing has beat the 2 ball for me. Simple and effective.

I have painted over my #7 and putted well enough without the lines paintfilled so I just left them. They are still there and visible but are the same color as the rest of the putter.

Do you have a go to? Maybe it's 2 Ball or RST or maybe you prefer a putter with no alignment. What is your favorite?
I hadn't really had a putter with an alignment on it till my putter now. It's an Odyssey White Hot Pro DART. Although I have been struggling in my putting lately, overall the alignment on it has really helped my putting overall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love the naked look on a blade but flange line is better for alignment

My Edel custom after the fitting, won't use anything else now since alignment is what they specialize in.

Big T V-Line is hard to beat. Although I still enjoy my simple m6 with RST

I like to have no alignment aids if possible. Helps me focus on speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still using RST.

Oh and I use the ball alignment on the ball lol. All about some alignment

I love the naked look on a blade but flange line is better for alignment

naked top line and flange. Confirmed it on SAMM lab too. So far my MXM 1 is visually perfect for me.

I think 2135 is my favorite alignment.

I think RST is great too, but to me it's more about "the ball goes where you think you're aimed" than "you're aimed in the right place".

I don't have a huge preference, it's more about the head shape to me. With that said my two favorite putters, both mid mallets, have two lines on the back half.

For a blade I like nothing on a mallet I really like the Ping Craz-E.

All these alignments help me visualize the path. Maybe it's just me though lol

Great thread. I rolled a red Spyder a week or so ago and felt lost w/o a sight line.

Have been using the 2135 system but am experimenting with rst.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Really I have no preference when it comes to alignment. If I had to choose it would be a single black line.

I like the 3 alignment lines on the flange of my original Red X. Always my go to. Helps me see a wider line to my target.

I like a white line on the flange.

Went with no alignment lines on my Edel custom putter. Fitter started me off with no lines as he figured that's what I liked as I was coming from a TaylorMade Red Spider Tour(Jason Day model). So I went through the fitting and putted very well with no aide. Asked if he could add a line or dots on the head so I could try it with alignment help. He warned me that coming from a non alignment putter head to one with, can cause you to become fixated with the lines or dots on the putter. Wouldn't you know, I did. I putted about 20 balls and could not get the dots out of my head and where I wanted to line up. Told him to take them off and haven't looked back.

RST has displaced the Ping CRAZE-E two-ball with a line look. I have an Odyssey 2-ball that can't beat out RST, but I'm going to put pinstriping on the 2-ball and give it a go.

i love the naked look, but i need a line. single line on the flange seems to be best for me.

Naked top line, single line on the flange, and the ball line.

When I want to look at something different I have a Wilson Staff Vizor that I like a lot with a window setup similar to RST

I like a line. The longer the better. For example, when I had a 2 ball fang, it had the black line through the balls and I used that much more than the actual balls.

Back