Clarkey

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all anyone had any contact with this shaft?? Preferably in a 3 wood! Iv got a friend who is selling one at a bargain I'm thinking about it for my r11 3 wood as I'm ballooning the stock blur! Any info would be great

It seems like its a low-mid launch type shaft. hard to say though if it fits your swing! That's the tough part. I looked through the TM site to see if its listed as a shaft option, but I couldn't find it. Only reason being is seeing if you could find a TM fitting cart and pop one in your R11 head. just a thought! You could try before you buy.

Yet I went to the only fitters In my area and yet didnt have one in the cart! I know I should get fit but he will give me it for £40 which I'm not sure I can refuse!! The stock blur is a bit to weak for me! Thanks for the quick reply mate! Anymore infO would be great!

Yet I went to the only fitters In my area and yet didnt have one in the cart! I know I should get fit but he will give me it for £40 which I'm not sure I can refuse!! The stock blur is a bit to weak for me! Thanks for the quick reply mate! Anymore infO would be great!

No problem! Figures they wouldnt lol. Man, I know I've seen the shaft before.. maybe even a titleist cart? At least you can get a feel for how it feels during the swing. I'm pretty sure its going to launch a bit lower and spin less than the stock blur but theres always the chance it may not.

I know a THP member or two must have this shaft in something and I'm sure they'll chime in.

i had a x stiff one fitted to my g10 earlier on in the season and it was goo,i was happy with it.

Nice shaft. Low/mid launch, low/mid spin rates. Is the Proto 60, 70 or 80? I ask because the profile is quite a bit different between the 60 then the 70/80.

For the 60: Standard flex in the hands and upper mid, then stiffer in the lower mid and tip section. Keeps the ball down, knocks spin off. Great driver shaft IMO but those who release early are going to find it fades out on them.

For the 70: Standard flex range in the hands, stiffer mid section and then a softer tip. Good shaft for those looking for a low/mid flight who have an early release in their swing

For the 80: Pretty much the same as the 70

The 70 or 80 is a great fairway shaft, the 60 a good driver shaft. Will your mate let you test it out before buying?
Also this is the VS Proto in blue rather then the Red VS Voodoo? While the Voodoo version is based off the VS Proto with Aldila's S-core tech added, the profiles and feel are a different.

Nice shaft. Low/mid launch, low/mid spin rates. Is the Proto 60, 70 or 80? I ask because the profile is quite a bit different between the 60 then the 70/80.

For the 60: Standard flex in the hands and upper mid, then stiffer in the lower mid and tip section. Keeps the ball down, knocks spin off. Great driver shaft IMO but those who release early are going to find it fades out on them.

For the 70: Standard flex range in the hands, stiffer mid section and then a softer tip. Good shaft for those looking for a low/mid flight who have an early release in their swing

For the 80: Pretty much the same as the 70

The 70 or 80 is a great fairway shaft, the 60 a good driver shaft. Will your mate let you test it out before buying?
Also this is the VS Proto in blue rather then the Red VS Voodoo? While the Voodoo version is based off the VS Proto with Aldila's S-core tech added, the profiles and feel are a different.

Great post ST!

It is a 70 shaft! He would let my try but he lives 5 hours away which is a pain! Thanks for the I depth post it really has made things much easier to understand!! Decisions decisions!!!!!!

Back