12 hole option just announced by the county

My home course Brambleton does a 6 hole rate I play once in awhile. I love it. I sometimes play 12 just because I can jump off after that many, would be nice not to pay full price for 18 on those days so I'm all for 12.

I think that's a pretty cool idea. There've been 9 hole rounds where I felt like I was just getting into a groove on the last few holes and wanted to keep things going, but there's no way I had time for 18. I'd probably approach it as a 9 hole round, with a few extra holes for practice - hit different shots, work on club yardages and chipping from various lies, etc.

I love my local course. $10 weekdays, $20 weekends, play all day, or play as little as you want. Flat rate, lol

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

As someone who plays 9 a lot, I would love a 12 hole option.

Not that it helps now, but I'm sure they'd put in a hdcp provision for 12 holes if it became a more common option. It probably wouldn't help me much anyway, since I usually play as a single when I play 9 (or possibly 12).

I see nothing wrong with it and it seems just about a 9hole rate so sounds good to me if one has reason for it. I mean why not? The course get a couple extra bucks vs a 9holer and the player gets in a few more holes than 9 (if he wants) and everyone is happy. I don't think t hurts anything.

i like the idea. sometimes 9 isn't enough but 18 is too much.. If it was routed easily enough, i think this is a great idea, if the pricing is in line.

How would the 12 hole course handle posting handicap scores?

Not unlike how the slope/rating works for par 70, I am sure itd be an adaptation of that, however I'm not sure how that would apply for orgs like GHIN that takes the 10 best out of 20. Interesting.

Not unlike how the slope/rating works for par 70, I am sure itd be an adaptation of that, however I'm not sure how that would apply for orgs like GHIN that takes the 10 best out of 20. Interesting.
It would be interesting if the USGA was on board with this? I think it's great idea for those who are pressed for time. Maybe you just forget the handicap issue and play for fun that day?

Currently, only the nine counts towards handicap. The other three holes are for naught re: handicap.

I would consider doing this since nine holes never seems like enough. This would work at my home course since #12 green is near the driveway that heads back to the clubhouse.

That would work for me. Any golf is better than no golf and 12 holes is better than 9 holes.

Its part of the 6, 6, and 6 hole movement. Not a bad idea in my books. What I wonder is what effect it would have on pace of play?

Back