Titleist 915F Fairway Wood - THP Review Thread

I have been wanting to get one ever since I demoed it. I was getting some pretty good distance with it and really like the feel and the look. Such a great FW.

How do you think this compares to the X2 Hot 3w for those that have hit both?

I cannot comment on the x2 hot , but I found the x hot 3 wood longer off the deck and tee
than the 915 but the 915 is easier to hit off the deck for me . gb

Its not as long in my experience, it was also a wash between the two in ease of the deck. The 915F is the best jump for Titleist we have seen in a fairway, it isn't the longest, but it at least competes in distance now.

Its not as long in my experience, it was also a wash between the two in ease of the deck. The 915F is the best jump for Titleist we have seen in a fairway, it isn't the longest, but it at least competes in distance now.

Thanks for the thoughts. Is it fair to say then that the implementation of Titleist's "ARC" in the fairways is as effective as it relates to ball speed forgiveness across the face as it seems to be in the driver? Probably harder to tell because the face itself is much smaller.

Thanks for the thoughts. Is it fair to say then that the implementation of Titleist's "ARC" in the fairways is as effective as it relates to ball speed forgiveness across the face as it seems to be in the driver? Probably harder to tell because the face itself is much smaller.

IMO, it is better in the fairway and hybrid, by a solid margin.

Have several rounds with the fairway and hybrid now and very happy indeed.
for me, these clubs aren't all about distance of course.
the 2 main things for me are the way they set up, and the way they sound. Both give me such confidence, and allow me to get consistent distances and results.
couldnt be happier...

I know this is "old hat" around here, but I ended up buying a 915f 3w/ rogue S because it was the most consistent/best overall for me after trying everything else I could get my hands on. It wasn't the longest I tried, but when comparing averages there wasn't a huge difference. What really won me over is how straight I hit it, and how often I was hitting it out of the center of the club face.

Got the 915f altered to fit me in length, put on a jumbo grip, and changed the setting to B4. This thing is a flat out bomber now, ball speeds and carry often get into my driver range.

i don't think this was supposed to be a mini driver, was it?

Last edited:
My pro gave me a call to say the 915f 16.5 that I'd had my eye on was on clearance as ex demo for half RRP here in Aus. Was up there within the hour. I'm the only person to use it on the sim (apparently no one wants that loft) and I have it set to 15.25 which gives me the perfect gapping. Love it and at that price it'll be a long timer in the bag. Very happy. I've got it in the M+ 60 regular. Far and away preferred this over the stiff and heavier regular just with the higher launch m+ I was really happy 3 wood has always been hard off the deck for me but that combo just works so well. I hit it about 225 yards off the deck so it fits perfectly with my driver and 5 wood which goes 250 yards and 210 respective.

Played Saturday with the 915f... WOW. Off the tee it is a beast. I have a slow swing speed and still carried it 220 yards in the rain, no roll out. One bad tee shot with it where I lost my footing.

Off the deck almost reached our longest par 5 in two which I've never done.

Very happy and the little extra loft might not seem like much but it definitely made all the difference compared to my old wood. Very happy.

Any more thoughts on this club? I was messing around at golfsmith yesterday and decided to try one of these out. It was much better then I thought it would be and I am intrigued about it. Hearing that it is good off the tee intrigues me a lot.

Yea hitting this club this weekend

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any more thoughts on this club? I was messing around at golfsmith yesterday and decided to try one of these out. It was much better then I thought it would be and I am intrigued about it. Hearing that it is good off the tee intrigues me a lot.

I love it so much that I have been using it almost exclusively on par 4's since I got it. I have also used it on a number of par 5's too with great success both off the tee and deck. It just seems to get the ball up nice and quick, which I have always found difficult with 3woods. Very happy with my purchase.

Currently spring here and in the wet its about 205 to 215m carry for me, about 10m short of my driver. I'll be keen to see how it goes in summer.

Having said that I often outdrive others in my group with the exception of the bigger guys with my 3wood compared to their driver and seem to find more fairways.

It's currently not in my bag after UST but I love this in 5w. It's easy off the deck and off the tee. It's an option for me still to put in the bag and take hybrid out depending in course setup.

It's a fantastic FW. It's killer off the tee. Just an absolute missile for me off the tee. Mid to high launch with a penetrating flight. Off the deck I hit it very well too as long as I don't let me head get in the way. Sets up to the ball beautifully with the gloss black too. I'm a big fan. I can't wait for the 917 release.

It's a fantastic FW. It's killer off the tee. Just an absolute missile for me off the tee. Mid to high launch with a penetrating flight. Off the deck I hit it very well too as long as I don't let me head get in the way. Sets up to the ball beautifully with the gloss black too. I'm a big fan. I can't wait for the 917 release.
I've resisted the temptation for this one. As I'm a month away from seeing and hitting the 917.

So close and still so far. Ha,

I've resisted the temptation for this one. As I'm a month away from seeing and hitting the 917.

So close and still so far. Ha,

Haha... Yeah I'm interested in seeing what the 917 line can do as well. Especially the driver. But I will say that the 917 fairway woods will have to be absolutely phenomenal to take the 915's out of my bag. I absolutely love the 915 fairway woods.

I'm ready for the 917 so that the prices drop on these :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bumping an OOOOLD thread, but just had to. There's something about Titleist fairways and how they set up that fits my eye. Picked up (thanks budget golf) a 915F 16.5, S+ 70s shaft. Put it straight in the bag and played 9 yesterday, despite a couple of weeks without swinging a club. Honeymoon period or not, man this thing just works off the tee & fairway. Hit it twice off the ground and either found the green or was just off. That is silly for me from 230 out (center, not front). Mid launching, but really stable.

The shaft pairing really contributes to that stability. Missed a couple fairways late (went 4/6) - one off a terrible swing and one where I closed the face and it just drew into the rough.

The one down side is grass getting caught up in the recoil channel but it's a small one given the price these are going for, the shaft pairing, and the overall performance.

Last edited:
Glad you've found a club that works for you Obed

Bumping an OOOOLD thread, but just had to. There's something about Titleist fairways and how they set up that fits my eye. Picked up (thanks budget golf) a 915F 16.5, S+ 70s shaft. Put it straight in the bag and played 9 yesterday, despite a couple of weeks without swinging a club. Honeymoon period or not, man this thing just works off the tee & fairway. Hit it twice off the ground and either found the green or was just off. That is silly for me from 230 out (center, not front). Mid launching, but really stable.

The shaft pairing really attributes to that stability. Missed a couple fairways late (went 4/6) - one off a terrible swing and one where I closed the face and it just drew into the rough.

The one down side is grass getting caught up in the recoil channel but it's a small one given the price these are going for, the shaft pairing, and the overall performance.

I feel the same way about the 915 FW's, which is why they're still in the bag. They just feel right to me.

Glad you've found a club that works for you Obed
Thanks Alex, it was about time haha

I feel the same way about the 915 FW's, which is why they're still in the bag. They just feel right to me.

I hear you. Nothing fancy about them - just flat out perform. Think this will be in the bag for a while as well.

Going to bring up a oldie but goodie.

I really like my 915 15* Fd. Love the shape, sound, how it sets up to the ball, and the deep face. I’ve had it since around June 2016 and can’t quit it. I’ve had the TSi and TSr fairways and they for me are just not going to hold up. The 915 has been so crazy reliable for me and being able to do what I need it to do when I execute the shot properly lol. It’s going to be hard to give up when something finally takes it’s spot.

I’m really excited to put it up against the Callaway gear this December.

Back