Contest - The Players Championship - TaylorMade [Spoilers]

Stupid rain delay... :banghead:

Back from the ridiculous....

We are in a weather delay. Who do you think this benefits? I think guys like Toms and Stricker who are not extremely high ball hitters could really get going on the wet greens. Interesting 36 holes coming up.

Really hoping JB Holmes can take advantage.

I'm right here, you can talk to me directly. How are they harsh? HE SUCKS RIGHT NOW and HE DID IN FACT QUIT, after 9 holes. How is my opinion of TIger any more harsh compared to the 100's here who despise, ridicule, and make fun of a guy like Lee Westwood? THe only difference is: we're talking about TIger Woods, and clearly his fans must remain loyal and stand up for a him.
Well you go straight to, "sucks as a human, he's a huge pooos" seems more personal than professorial. Say what you want about a guys game but doesn't it seem a little harsh, unless he did something to you personally of course.

Wow, it looks like a hurricane rolled through. They are anticapating ONLY a two hour delay?

Edit: Oh ok, JImmy Miller just explained the quick turnaround "Its the fastest draining ex swamp in the world" :D

We are in a weather delay. Who do you think this benefits? I think guys like Toms and Stricker who are not extremely high ball hitters could really get going on the wet greens. Interesting 36 holes coming up.

Great point, one of the talking heads last night on GC mentioned that as well. A definite bonus for them, but wouldn't the softer greens also benefit the rest of the field somewhat as well? If the wind stays up then I can certainly see Toms playing well since he keeps the ball down.

Well you go straight to, "sucks as a human, he's a huge pooos" seems more personal than professorial. Say what you want about a guys game but doesn't it seem a little harsh, unless he did something to you personally of course.

Some people look at lying and cheating differently than others.
Now as suggested....Lets move on!!!!

Great point, one of the talking heads last night on GC mentioned that as well. A definite bonus for them, but wouldn't the softer greens also benefit the rest of the field somewhat as well? If the wind stays up then I can certainly see Toms playing well since he keeps the ball down.

It will, but playing the ball down in wet conditions (they started the say that way, I believe must finish), can help those without a steep swing.

They talked about that on TV, no? How they have these things built into greens to keep 'em dry and firm. No idea how that'll play out but it'll be pretty important.

Surely the shorter hitters will be at a disadvantage if the course is wet and playing long

It will, but playing the ball down in wet conditions (they started the say that way, I believe must finish), can help those without a steep swing.

Ah ok, I didn't look at it that way. I think I'm gonna exaggerate my knee pain so I can dip out of the office at 3:30 today and catch some live coverage.

So, what exactly are the rules after the rain delay pertaining to balls plugging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, what exactly are the rules after the rain delay pertaining to balls plugging?

I don't think they can employ lift, clean, place halfway through the day.

I give up. If you think Tiger Woods is a good human being then we have very different opinions about morality. His game sucks too. I've said that about 1000 times on this forum over the past year.

They can't, they have just been discussing this on the skysports coverage

The commentator just announced he saw Phil Run through the rain to his car to retrieve........ a case holding his ping pong paddle. Is NBC sure the third round is going to start today?

BTW, chubby Phil would be good at Table tennis. :D

The commentator just announced he saw Phil Run through the rain to his car to retrieve........ a case holding his ping pong paddle. Is NBC sure the third round is going to start today?

BTW, chubby Phil would be good at Table tennis. :D

That's a serious paddle if it's got it's own case.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

I give up. If you think Tiger Woods is a good human being then we have very different opinions about morality. His game sucks too. I've said that about 1000 times on this forum over the past year.
I never contemplated whether he was or wasn't a "good human being" because that isn't for me to determine or opine on. My morality keeps me from passing judgement on others. I like digging on guys a little but I try to keep it friendly.

I never contemplated whether he was or wasn't a "good human being" because that isn't for me to determine or opine on. My morality keeps me from passing judgement on others. I like digging on guys a little but I try to keep it friendly.

We have asked both of you to move on...This will be the last time we ask you to do so!!!!!

How about those bears... Come Team Taylor... Get'r'Done!!! Two guys still in. Can I win with only to surviving players??? Maybe if I finish 1-2. LOL

How about those bears... Come Team Taylor... Get'r'Done!!! Two guys still in. Can I win with only to surviving players??? Maybe if I finish 1-2. LOL

Who are your final two?

That's a serious paddle if it's got it's own case.

It's got workability out the ying yang. And he probably plays Pour Some Sugar on Me when he plays.

Kind of late but what the hell was I thinking picking Jim Furyk? He played so bad! He has been playing good this year, not sure where/why his game went south. He started off strong, I think he was 2 under through 3 in round 1. Pretty much all down hill from there. I've got three people left through, hopefully they can play well. I really want those beautiful TM products!

Kind of late but what the hell was I thinking picking Jim Furyk? He played so bad! He has been playing good this year, not sure where/why his game went south. He started off strong, I think he was 2 under through 3 in round 1. Pretty much all down hill from there. I've got three people left through, hopefully they can play well. I really want those beautiful TM products!
I almost picked him. Not sure why he never contends, it's his home course.

I've heard the theory that Furyk, Vijay, and other pros that live right there play the course quite a bit, but the difference between conditions for The Players and the rest of the year are so drastically different it throws th em off. Not sure how much I buy into that myself, but....

Also, I picked Paddy who was -3 through 11 or so holes and finished way off the cut. I should've just gone with Kaymer, but I always make horrible last minute tweaks. Haha

Back