What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
best round of the yea...86, 43/43
ALso had 5 penalty strokes including 2 on the same hole, it was a part 4 with water 250 yards out, I hit a 3W and got all of it. Took the drop then topped one into the water, would love to have that hole back.

Ball striking was great and the Driver was solid, hit a lot of fairways on the front and came close to a bunch on the back.

Also had back to back birdie holes, which NEVER happens

Not good today for me and I'm using the conditions as my excuse. We got 2.5 inches of rain over night and the course was swamped. Shot 88 and was sort of happy it was not worse.

Played in a 4 man scramble charity tournament. We finished 3rd with a 63, 2 eagles, 5 birdies, and 11 pars. It was very windy and in the upper 40s and low 50s.

Last edited:
Course was crappy (aerated greens and fairways this past week) but I still played decent and putted well. Ended up with 44-39 for an 83. Had my first eagle in years on a par 5 so that was neat. 31 putts (only 14 on back).

83 for 66 today in an open competition, came 2nd in 2nd class, and my regular playing partner came first in 2nd class and won it overall with a net 61. (max handicap of 18) strangely we halved our matchplay side game. i sank a putt on 18 for the half.

missed a short birdie putt, had a few lip outs and left some well short but on line. think if i sort my putting i could kick a few shots of the handicap.

next week is an away trip to a course called Brampton in Carlisle. supposed to be one of the best in the county so will see if my recent form continues. :D

Shot a horrible 91 today. We had heavy rains lastnight and then it started raining at the turn. It was super swampy and my hands were wet. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

91 for me too. At one point had 6 pars in a row. That says how bad the other holes were..... tough course though and we played the championship tees (my excuse...)

45. Bogeys. Lots of them. GIR = 3 putt city. Driver was good, irons/hybrids were ok. Putting sucked. Again.

Posted via Tapatalk.

45. Bogeys. Lots of them. GIR = 3 putt city. Driver was good, irons/hybrids were ok. Putting sucked. Again.

Posted via Tapatalk.

paging DART mallet. DART mallet Hawk is looking for you

90 today, started out bad. Pushed my tee shot OB. Ended up double on the first. Bogey #2 and par on #3. On #8 big hook OB again and ended up with a freaking 9!. Second 9 came back and shot a 43. My younger brother was talking his normal trash and it bit him. He is now buying lunch for 5 of us tomorrow when the family meets up for a belated mothers day.

80 yesterday at Seminole Lake CC where the only good shots or putts I had were to save bogey. Not the most fun round, but I'll take it on that course in the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out for 9, shot a 48. Only the second time out this season so I'm reasonably happy. I sense good things once the season gets in full swing here. :)

Today was the first day of our club senior championship. I didn't score well but it was the best since my knee replacement in March. At least I got to play, shot a 79 with several missed putts. Since coming back from surgery, my irons are coming up way short and I am having trouble knowing which club to hit.

41-41. In high 40s*, 15-20 mph winds, and on and off rain. What the hell! It's May 14th. That was good to tie for first in my men's club Net Chicago Points event. Won third place money in a scorecard playoff. That should give a pretty good idea what the weather did to scores. That easily qualified me for The President's Cup, our summer long match play event.

I don't usually complain about slow play, but played with three walkers today. It took us 4 1/2 hours to play. The course was empty except for men's club. Three groups drove around us, then went back to play the hole they passed us on when they were done. We finished 40 minutes behind everyone else. Don't get me wrong, these guys aren't slow because they walk, they're slow because they take four or five practice swings, and fart around on the greens. The worst thing is I was freezing because I shed my outer layers because fat guys shouldn't play in rain gear. Then I finished bogey, double. Started slow and finished slow, but made 8 pars in 9 holes in the middle.

Man, were some of the guys chuckling that I had to go through that.

Kevin

paging DART mallet. DART mallet Hawk is looking for you

Something has to give dude. I don't know if it's alignment, crappy stroke, putter that isn't working with me, or a bit of everything. I've been spending time at the putting green and on my mat with decent success, but my brain fights me when I get on the course. It's just freaking frustrating to hit the ball better than I ever have but still walk away with a crappy score. GAH!

Something has to give dude. I don't know if it's alignment, crappy stroke, putter that isn't working with me, or a bit of everything. I've been spending time at the putting green and on my mat with decent success, but my brain fights me when I get on the course. It's just freaking frustrating to hit the ball better than I ever have but still walk away with a crappy score. GAH!

I know how you feel buddy. I'm officially on the hunt for a new putter.

Today was the first day of our club senior championship. I didn't score well but it was the best since my knee replacement in March. At least I got to play, shot a 79 with several missed putts. Since coming back from surgery, my irons are coming up way short and I am having trouble knowing which club to hit.

Wow....This is pretty early in the season for a club championship. Our season up north just started really and with our super wet spring, it is almost like it has yet to start as we are lucky to get one or two rounds a week for the past four/five weeks.

Shot 79 today with the Srixon Z Star XV. Really liking this ball. Probably going to be my gamer for 2011.

Played 9 today. Shot 41, par 35. Started off with 6 straight bogeys, ended with birdie, par, bogey. Some odd reason I couldn't get off the "bogey train". My short game and putting seemed to be the parts of my game that were a little off today.

Shot 77 from the blue tees at Waterview. Wind out of the north today at about 10-15 completely changes the way the golf course plays with the usual south wind. Shot 1 over on the front with 2 bogeys and one birdie, but could have been at least 2-3 shots better easily. Missed at least one makeable birdie putt and also missed a makeable eagle putt and then missed coming back, a 3 putt par on a par 5. Yikes. Started out double bogey, bogey, bogey on the back side but finally righted the ship and finished even par the rest of the way. I did have a couple of makeable birdie putts that I missed on the back. Considering the missed scoring opportunities I had today this score could have been as low as 71 or 72 very easily.

Shot a 95 (48/47). Driver was putting me in a lot of difficult positions due to fade/slice. However, irons and short game play saved the round for me.

39 front nine yesterday in low40's temp and a stiff 25 to 30 mph North winds. It was so cold I had two gloves on and three shirts over my tee shirt with a wind jacket on over that. Putting was on fire with 13 compared to my norm of late. We played another four holes before running to another course and meeting up with friends for a round.

Another 18 on a really nice little 6028 yard course that just sets up tough, especially with that kind of wind and cold. 43/45 was actually a pretty solid round IMHO. The greens are extremely tough here, fast with undulating greens. 31 total putts (14/17).

I had a solid day playing, but its tough to enjoy playing in weather like that. I work all week long and when I finally get to hit the course it would be nice to enjoy a little warmth. With wind chill I doubt it got above 40 out there.

I had a solid day playing, but its tough to enjoy playing in weather like that. I work all week long and when I finally get to hit the course it would be nice to enjoy a little warmth. With wind chill I doubt it got above 40 out there.

feel you, bummer. Think you need to sacrifice more balls into nearest pond in honor of the golf God so he blesses you with good weather!

And i shot a 42/45 today. I'm still struggeling with my putting and close game. Need to find more practice time which is kind of hard atm.

Played today with my mens club , 7am tee time , 44* with a cold 20mph wind out of the north , shot an 86 , 48 front , 38 back . After the first 2 holes I got a real bad head ache and just couldn't keep focused . On the back I had to club way up a swing easy as hitting the ball was rattling my head .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back