What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played today with my mens club , 7am tee time , 44* with a cold 20mph wind out of the north , shot an 86 , 48 front , 38 back . After the first 2 holes I got a real bad head ache and just couldn't keep focused . On the back I had to club way up a swing easy as hitting the ball was rattling my head .

Good round Spray considering the cold wind and sore head! It was quite chilly in Georgia today so I know you guys had a rough go.

I shot 41 + 43 for an 84. Putted again only using my right hand. Tells you how great I am with the flat stick. The last three rounds I have used only my right hand and putted better than using two hands on the putter. Unfreaking real!

I shot 45/40 today for an 85. Its a step in the right direction but man I wish my putting would come around! I missed 4 birdie putts and several for par that were easy putts. Oh well, I hit my irons really well and am pleased with that.

99 today in the rain, didnt drive too bad, short game was off a bit

I shot a "terrible" 83, I could not score today. I hit 11 or maybe 12 GIR, had 8 pars, 1 birdie, a double, a triple (on 18) and bunch of bogeys. Putting was terrible, I could not get the ball to the hole. Line was fantastic, but weight was ... lets just say bad. Ended the day with 37 putts and I had 4 penalty shots. So all in all I was playing pretty well (esp with my irons) but I could not score at all.

Brutal 4 over 40 today on the front 9. Bogeyed both par 5's and either hit 200 yard pop flies or snap hooks off the tee with the driver today. Just an all around struggle.

I shot 45/40 today for an 85. Its a step in the right direction but man I wish my putting would come around! I missed 4 birdie putts and several for par that were easy putts. Oh well, I hit my irons really well and am pleased with that.

It sucks to miss those close putts! I am in the same situation that you are and everything one can do is practice :p

I shot a "terrible" 83, I could not score today. I hit 11 or maybe 12 GIR, had 8 pars, 1 birdie, a double, a triple (on 18) and bunch of bogeys. Putting was terrible, I could not get the ball to the hole. Line was fantastic, but weight was ... lets just say bad. Ended the day with 37 putts and I had 4 penalty shots. So all in all I was playing pretty well (esp with my irons) but I could not score at all.
I'm gonna beat you over the head with that putter :D

I wish I could hit 11 or 12 greens in regulation.

Played great today from gold tees (back for me). Was at 70 with 2 holes left when a big storm came in and I had to quit. Best round of the year going and dang storm ruined it. I had 14 putts on front which was so much better than yesterday. My driver is the best it's been in a long time so that combined with a good putting day made the difference. Yippee!

Great round KB! I'm starting to think I'm going to be the anchor of our team. What is that saying. Look around for the worst player. If you can't find him you are probably him.

Great round KB! I'm starting to think I'm going to be the anchor of our team. What is that saying. Look around for the worst player. If you can't find him you are probably him.

Yeah right Chunky! I have been playing better but always seem to struggle badly in at least one area of my game each time out there. That day was unusual because everything came together pretty well. It was only ONE round like that but I am happy that my driver is back. It's been gone for a while now and could leave again at any moment!

Yeah right Chunky! I have been playing better but always seem to struggle badly in at least one area of my game each time out there. That day was unusual because everything came together pretty well. It was only ONE round like that but I am happy that my driver is back. It's been gone for a while now and could leave again at any moment!

Way to go KellyBo.

I will most certainly take the honour of anchor so no one else has to!

Way to go KellyBo.

I will most certainly take the honour of anchor so no one else has to!

Lol you are supposed to be the rock Thainer!!

I'm gonna beat you over the head with that putter :D

I wish I could hit 11 or 12 greens in regulation.

Your putter would break, he's huge! Golf clubs fear him, the shudder with his pale, magical touch.

Shot a wierd 93 on saturday morning. 53 on the front and 40 on the back. I seem to be alternating 9 holes nowadays. I did the same thing friday afternoon with a 48 on the front and another 40 on the back. Cant seems to put them together! Worst part was I spent a good 2 hours at the range friday afternoon before my round and thought I had worked some minor swing changes, but absolutely could not bring it to the course.

I'm definitely playing "golf-swing" on the front 9 and finally getting around to playing golf on the back. Need to stay out of my own head on the front 9 I guess.

Got in a quick round at Earlywine North in Oklahoma City this morning before work. I think it took me nine holes to wake up, but I finished strong. I shot a 50 - 40 and that 40 included an EIGHT on a par 4. This was my third round with my new irons and I'm finally starting to hit them flush and really love them. Regardless of that crappy 50 on the front, it was about 55 degrees, sunny and barely a breeze...perfect morning to be on the course.

First round of the year. Shot 49-45-94 with 6 1-putts, 3 3-putts and 4 pars. Shot the 49 with a 9 and an 8 on consecutive holes.

Great job Small, sounds like you came out swinging, but you need out there more often man.

Tap,Tap,Tap

First round of the year. Shot 49-45-94 with 6 1-putts, 3 3-putts and 4 pars. Shot the 49 with a 9 and an 8 on consecutive holes.

Smalls this is the first time I have read a post of yours in this thread! Great stuff buddy, glad your back out there playing.

Great job Small, sounds like you came out swinging, but you need out there more often man.

Tap,Tap,Tap
Smalls this is the first time I have read a post of yours in this thread! Great stuff buddy, glad your back out there playing.

Thanks, guys, I've got a few posts in here, but I don't get to play near as much as I'd like to. Duty calls before golf, but I have a slow week this week. I might go again tomorrow!

I played 27 holes at my home course today. I shot 37(+2), 35(-1), 37(+2).

I played really well. I've been working away from hitting a draw with the driver to a power fade/straight ball and I'm killing it lately. My misses have been finding the fairway and I've been the most consistent I've been in years with the driver. The best shots are just as far and I love not fearing the Tbox at all. Due to my good driving, I reached all six par 5s I played in two. I was on the green in two twice, pin high twice and over the green twice.

The irons were pretty solid as well. I hit 20 of 27 greens. I've opened up my stance a hair with the irons as well to focus on just hitting a straight ball, not a fade or draw. Basically I'm trying to simplify my game and get away from the "cute" shots that normally get me in more trouble than I need.

I still need to get the short game and putting under control, as I 3 putted 4 times and wasted a few fantastic shots with some missed short putts and mediocre chips.

Overall, my full shot game is great right now and if I can keep it up and tighten up the short game, I see some special rounds coming as the summer moves forward.

I played 27 holes at my home course today. I shot 37(+2), 35(-1), 37(+2).

I played really well. I've been working away from hitting a draw with the driver to a power fade/straight ball and I'm killing it lately. My misses have been finding the fairway and I've been the most consistent I've been in years with the driver. The best shots are just as far and I love not fearing the Tbox at all. Due to my good driving, I reached all six par 5s I played in two. I was on the green in two twice, pin high twice and over the green twice.

The irons were pretty solid as well. I hit 20 of 27 greens. I've opened up my stance a hair with the irons as well to focus on just hitting a straight ball, not a fade or draw. Basically I'm trying to simplify my game and get away from the "cute" shots that normally get me in more trouble than I need.

I still need to get the short game and putting under control, as I 3 putted 4 times and wasted a few fantastic shots with some missed short putts and mediocre chips.

Overall, my full shot game is great right now and if I can keep it up and tighten up the short game, I see some special rounds coming as the summer moves forward.
Solid day of golf right there.

Played the "long" 9 at my home course in the rain last night. The course is set up rather awkwardly, with 9 being the furthest point from the clubhouse so to make a solid loop we play 1-4 and then 14-18. Plays as a par 39 with 4 par 5's and one par 3. I ended up shooting a 45 (+6) but it felt much much better than that. I had no double bogeys and had a 3 or 4 par saves burn the edge of the cup. My driving was definitely improved from the weekend, I only blocked one off to the right and the rest were all bombs. I actually poked one out there 320 (from elevated tees!), only the second time I've reached the par 5 14th in 2 (3 putted for par :at-wits-end:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back