What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great round AZRhode, its amazing when I hear of people shooting lights out like that consistantly.

Yesterday was a crazy day, but net one of my favorite rounds of the year. 27 holes and starting out with no warmup at all I proceeded to double the first hole, bogey the second and double the third before getting thing a bit better in check. The greens were super fast for this course and I ended with a paultry 45 with 20 putts. The next round felt a ton better, but a blow double up on the par 5 11th hole cost me dearly. Putting was making headway, but lipping everything out I ended with 42 and 17 putts. 87 is not exactly a great day out there, but things just felt like they were coming around, so I hooked up with a couple of other guys I knew and headed back out.

We had to wait about 30 minutes to start, so I worked on the putting/chipping a little and felt pretty solid going into the last round with a couple of guys who generally blow the ball past me 30 yards or so. We started on the back nine and this #19 hole can be a tough one to drive. I hit a missile down the middle and never looked back. Everything just seemed to click. I hit every fairway and green dead center on the first 5 holes, my drives just felt pure. #15 (#1 HC hole) found me inches off the fairway in the first cut and my second shot with the TM Superfast 2.0 was long and landed in the humps short right of the green. One of my buddies say's "dang, there goes your par train", lol. I chipped out of the rough from a side hill lie to 3 feet for par. He walks away shaking his head, but saying great job.

Three holes to go and it's dawning on me that I could do this, so I promptly hook my tee shot left, but luck was still with me as the ball find a spot in bounds and not bad, but the next shot ends up flag high left in some deep rough on this par 4. Again, the buddies are chidding me a bit in fun. My lie is ok and being a bit shortsided to a sloping green I hit a sw flop that lands softly curls down and hits the flag stopping just out of the leather for another par, lmao.

Two holes to go and the pressure is getting thick. #17 is a long par three and I curl left with the breeze, flag high. My chip out of the rough, over a large hump had very little chance. It had to just trickle off the top to a close down hill pin, but stayed on top and my chip from there went long. I made the 12 foot putt for my first bogey :banghead: The last hole, #18, is a tough dogleg left with trouble everywhere. A solid drive, but too far right leaving me 217 out. Long story short I doubled that hole and finished up with a 39 and 13 putts. 5 of seven fw's and one missed was within inches. Only 4 greens in regulation, so I was scrambling like a wild man.

Stars of the day were my TM SF 2.0 3w, SeeMore putter and TM R9 driver. They just kept me in the game. Too bad they are calling for rain all this week to come.

Had a great 9 early this morning! 1 birdie, five pars, four bogeys for a 39.

Had a great 9 early this morning! 1 birdie, five pars, four bogeys for a 39.

thats 10 holes...but still a great round! I have yet to crack into the 30's for a roun dof 9 yet this year.

Shot 83 (40,43) from the gold today. Final practice round before we leave for the outing! So excited!!!!

45 / 38 for an 83. Couldn't get the pace of the greens at all as they were wet from all the rain. Can't grumble with my tee to green at all though. I was putting a nice stroke on the putts just didn't have the pace tonight

Nice job Smalls!
Thanks biggsy! I dodn't go play today, back hurt!

Great round AZRhode, its amazing when I hear of people shooting lights out like that consistantly.

Yesterday was a crazy day, but net one of my favorite rounds of the year. 27 holes and starting out with no warmup at all I proceeded to double the first hole, bogey the second and double the third before getting thing a bit better in check. The greens were super fast for this course and I ended with a paultry 45 with 20 putts. The next round felt a ton better, but a blow double up on the par 5 11th hole cost me dearly. Putting was making headway, but lipping everything out I ended with 42 and 17 putts. 87 is not exactly a great day out there, but things just felt like they were coming around, so I hooked up with a couple of other guys I knew and headed back out.

We had to wait about 30 minutes to start, so I worked on the putting/chipping a little and felt pretty solid going into the last round with a couple of guys who generally blow the ball past me 30 yards or so. We started on the back nine and this #19 hole can be a tough one to drive. I hit a missile down the middle and never looked back. Everything just seemed to click. I hit every fairway and green dead center on the first 5 holes, my drives just felt pure. #15 (#1 HC hole) found me inches off the fairway in the first cut and my second shot with the TM Superfast 2.0 was long and landed in the humps short right of the green. One of my buddies say's "dang, there goes your par train", lol. I chipped out of the rough from a side hill lie to 3 feet for par. He walks away shaking his head, but saying great job.

Three holes to go and it's dawning on me that I could do this, so I promptly hook my tee shot left, but luck was still with me as the ball find a spot in bounds and not bad, but the next shot ends up flag high left in some deep rough on this par 4. Again, the buddies are chidding me a bit in fun. My lie is ok and being a bit shortsided to a sloping green I hit a sw flop that lands softly curls down and hits the flag stopping just out of the leather for another par, lmao.

Two holes to go and the pressure is getting thick. #17 is a long par three and I curl left with the breeze, flag high. My chip out of the rough, over a large hump had very little chance. It had to just trickle off the top to a close down hill pin, but stayed on top and my chip from there went long. I made the 12 foot putt for my first bogey :banghead: The last hole, #18, is a tough dogleg left with trouble everywhere. A solid drive, but too far right leaving me 217 out. Long story short I doubled that hole and finished up with a 39 and 13 putts. 5 of seven fw's and one missed was within inches. Only 4 greens in regulation, so I was scrambling like a wild man.

Stars of the day were my TM SF 2.0 3w, SeeMore putter and TM R9 driver. They just kept me in the game. Too bad they are calling for rain all this week to come.
Duey, this should have been a thread of it's own! Great job!

Shot 83 (40,43) from the gold today. Final practice round before we leave for the outing! So excited!!!!
Hope you and Gray have a great time! Hope you shoot this kind of score down there.

45 / 38 for an 83. Couldn't get the pace of the greens at all as they were wet from all the rain. Can't grumble with my tee to green at all though. I was putting a nice stroke on the putts just didn't have the pace tonight
Good round, Mike!

39 with 5 pars and 4 bogeys (par 35). Pretty good for the conditions, it was quite windy at times. For example, on a 166 yard par 3 into the wind I hit a 3 hybrid (that I usually hit about 210-220) and came up about 10-15 yards short of the green! I have been working on my short game and it is showing improvement, but still needs work.

lots and lots of 30's in this thread recently... noice!

i only played 9 and it was lucky enough i could get that squeezed in by the looks of the thunder clouds looming on the horizon
played the tips on a short course
shot 4 over for a 39 with 1 birdie 1 double and way too many bogeys
my normal miss is a fat banana hook/ high draw... not today... i actually had a slice/cut
it was bizarre playing the right side of the course
lost 1 ball in the middle of the fw... if you can call the dirt/crabgrass a fw
i was also a pretty short knocker and didnt get anything off the tee past 210... not very good from the tips

Nice Round KB! I don't believe you're a 15 HCP! :D

She's not :alien:..... It's coming back down since she has moved back a set of tees. She should be close to single digit by mid summer.

Haha! My game took a steep nose dive for a while and it's just starting to recover. You just never know who is going to show up from day to day!

Sounds like you are ready to go down and play some serious golf, great round KB and good luck this week end.

Haha! My game took a steep nose dive for a while and it's just starting to recover. You just never know who is going to show up from day to day!

Nice round Kelly and good luck over the weekend. Hope you and Gray have a blast down there.

cranked out my best score so far this season of 92

really focused on FIRs at the cost of distance...
if i can sharpen up my wedge play a bit i could hopefully break 90 soon

Sounds like you are ready to go down and play some serious golf, great round KB and good luck this week end.

Thanks DD - wish you were going! Hope to see you there next year.

Nice round Kelly and good luck over the weekend. Hope you and Gray have a blast down there.

Thanks Duey! I will certainly miss your fun loving crazy self this year! It just won't be the same without you!

cranked out my best score so far this season of 92

really focused on FIRs at the cost of distance...
if i can sharpen up my wedge play a bit i could hopefully break 90 soon

Great job! Definitely work on that short game and you will see your scores drop in no time!

thats 10 holes...but still a great round! I have yet to crack into the 30's for a roun dof 9 yet this year.

Haha your right! That should be 1 birdie, 4 pars and 4 bogeys.

Today was my first time walking 18 since total knee replacement 8 weeks ago. Still wild and erratic but making a few putts, shot 80. Still, I'm just happy to be able to be out there again.

Today was my first time walking 18 since total knee replacement 8 weeks ago. Still wild and erratic but making a few putts, shot 80. Still, I'm just happy to be able to be out there again.

Great job Lefty! Remember to ice that puppy down when you get tired and sore.

Great round Lefty, I'd love to be shooting 80. Glad to hear your back at it!

Shot a 87 and 91 over the weekend. Wasn't as bad as the score shows. Had a few poorly played holes and lipped out about 6 putts each day. Overall I am pretty happy. Looking to buy a new putter though. I feel the weight of my putter isn't what I want. I think I want a little more weight on the blade.

113 :-(

Didn't help that was having major work issues to contend with during the front 9, back 9 was a 53 and should have been less but for a ridiculous 10 on the par 5

42 in last nights league. 5 birdies, 2 bogeys and 2 doubles. Just need to keep the doubles out of my round.

Shot a 87 and 91 over the weekend. Wasn't as bad as the score shows. Had a few poorly played holes and lipped out about 6 putts each day. Overall I am pretty happy. Looking to buy a new putter though. I feel the weight of my putter isn't what I want. I think I want a little more weight on the blade.

nothing wrong with those scores at all!

Great round KB!! Man the other teams might as well pack it in

Wow, My father who is 60 had his knee replaced in February. He is one of the unlucky ones, he is still in therapy and his doctor finally released him to play. So I am taking him out this Sunday. Great round Lefty! and walking 18 at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back