I'm not old school. I just don't think adjustability is as important as people think. That said, I do love how easy it is to put a new shaft in the R9 if you have another one tipped, though I don't think it's as easy for some of the other companies (since they don't make adaptors readily available). I also do think the Z Star system is helpful for up and down ball flight.

i wasnt saying you were old school, i was saying somebody that is, nobody in paticular. Yes the Zstar system works great for ball flight up and down, love it

i know they werent your exact words but that is exactly how it sounded to me.

I dont have stats but what I do have are personal contacts on many different fronts of the 'glued vs adjustable' component discussion. and based on those conversations....they get fit...and then spec them out in a glued model.

this...of course....does not apply to ALL players.

Very futuristic, it looks like the K-15 a bit.

I dont have stats but what I do have are personal contacts on many different fronts of the 'glued vs adjustable' component discussion. and based on those conversations....they get fit...and then spec them out in a glued model.

this...of course....does not apply to ALL players.

cool, i seriously thought thats what you meant i wasnt trying to be a ahole lol. I just have never seen or heard of any of them playing a glued version of a adjustable club besides the nike drivers that actually have a glued model.

I filled a bag with new gear this spring, coming back after many years of 1-2 rounds a year. One piece was a K15 driver - and it is absolutely money. My game is struggling as I go thru a swing change, but one area I am NOT struggling is off the tee. I've never hit so many fairways and put it so far down the fairway in my 35 years of golfing. So, I won't want or need the new G20 (and, beyond obviously, neither will many of you), but if it's anywhere near the forgiveness and length of the K, but without the anti-slice weighting that I know many people don't need, a lot of folks are going to love it.

I don't think Ping *needs* to get into the adjustability, as noted above their 'thing' is more leaning towards custom fitting prior to purchase. I was interested in the adjustables before I bought, but decided I much more needed a proper swing than I needed a club that would, for 1 club only (or a couple if I went fairway/hybrid adjustables), could be manipulated to work with a bad swing....where would that leave me with my iron game?

As to aesthetics, they are neither the best looking nor the worst, and I will be honest and say probably closer to the latter on the scale - but that doesn't make them hideous by any means - one man's opinion.

Not white. Not adjustable. Not interested. (kidding) (kinda).
Seems like the G15 and K15 have a big following. If this one kicks those out bags, that will be impressive.

Seems very similar to the K15 to me, with what looks like more weight in the back for high launch possibly, not a big fan of G15 we'll see how this works.

Such a big myth about people thinking an adjustable driver will fix a bad swing.

Hell, I'm just now on a honeymoon with a 9* Draw G10/Diamana Blueboard......I can't keep up.

Such a big myth about people thinking an adjustable driver will fix a bad swing.

No club will fix or mask a bad swing. If you think it will, a fool and his money are soon departed.

No club will fix or mask a bad swing. If you think it will, a fool and his money are soon departed.

From the looks of the used racks in the store, many are departed of there money.

I don't agree with that at all. Certain clubs can have the potential to fix or mask a bad swing. Whether it be a permanent fix or a temporary fix remains to be seen and is up to the golfer themselves but to make an absolute statement like that is a little much

Just noticed the G20 headover in Westwood's bag. I wonder if he is gaming the driver or if its just the cover.

Ping G20

Ping G20

http://www.golf.com/golf/equipment/article/0,28136,2076205,00.html

Ping has always made IMO very competively priced and well performing drivers and the good news for those interested is that:

1) One can pick up great deals on the G15 or the i15 both well made clubs (although not ones I will give up my second hand Titliest 910 D3 - 9.5 set .75 more loft and one degree open)for yet, as I have just not found one in the newer models that has the exact looks or face angle I like but they are both long clubs and easy to hit - even the i15 from a demo round last year)
2) Despite the low prices around on the above ($249 most shops in the DC area) it might be worth waiting! This "bad boy" looks great in the pictures and it may well become my 2nd driver and get a chance to play into the bag down the line (am getting a free fitting from a Ping Rep locally this week so hope he has some more insight on price/lofts and shafts! I just wish it had some adjustability but if it is hot enough (Ping is claiming it will carry more and roll more than current drivers) might play it anyway.

I am going to the Open and will try to look at one of these as close as I can and will pass on the info.

I really don`t get why some worry about the bottom of the driver...I never look at it unless to clean it and from that standpoint I`d love if the bottoms were totally smooth...I hope they are good so I`ll be able to easily find a G15 or I15 for $125...I hit my origional Rapture good but it`s getting old...Jim

I too love smooth bottoms, jim.

From the looks of the used racks in the store, many are departed of there money.

The masses buy into the marketing hype, that a new driver will fix a slice and gain you 30 yards in doing so. Only lessons and hard work will fix a bad swing and add length.

PING G20 Driver

PING G20 Driver

I walked into my local store who are the 1st in Scotland to get the new G20 driver. I have used an R11 and currently using a Razr Hawk but was keen to buy a G20 and compare :clapp:

I am about to post some pics and take it to the range for some feedback!

6032873424_3ca924c36e.jpg

6032871962_fae6ce4961.jpg

Spent that last hour on the range with the driver hitting it back to back with the Razr HAWK and I am very impressed. At address it is much more neutral then the draw RAZR Hawk but the thing that surprised me the most was every shot with this club was straight. I have a natural fade in my driver but this was straight as a whistle every time. At address the head is nice and chunky and much larger then the Callaway, inspiring plenty of confidence. The regular shaft compared to the regular in the callaway definatley seems much more whippy but it was going straight and I was very happy. Distance wise I can hit my Razr Hawk 15-20 years longer, but only 6 out of 10 strikes go straight and in that distance, where as literally every strike with the G20 was on the money, Very impressed!

Thanks for the info Waz. It would be very hard to kick my I15 out of the bag but I'll try any club once.

This driver has my attention....

Well today I went to the PGA Tour Superstore for the release of the G20. The PING guys were there letting us demo the club and I got a chance to get fitted. I got fitted with a G20 that has 12 degrees of loft and has a stiff shaft thats a little lighter then a normal stiff shaft. The results were immediate. I was hitting shots right down the center and traveling about 275 average. Love love love the club. Once I scrap together $300, This will be the 1st thing I buy. Really an unbelievable driver in all aspects.

Back