PING G20 - Should I Pull the Trigger???

PING G20 - Should I Pull the Trigger???

So I literally JUST bought a Bubba G20 5 days ago and have not hit it on course. I found a regular G20 online today, used for 4 rounds and the guy is selling it because he doesn't like it as much as his TaylorMade. He is selling it for $130 shipped (he said he doesn't know what it is worth as it was a gift)! I am awaiting pictures. The shaft is a reg flex, but I can always put a new stiff one in it. Should I get it if it is legit? :confused2:

I say do it, then you wouldn't have to game your pink one.

So I literally JUST bought a Bubba G20 5 days ago and have not hit it on course. I found a regular G20 online today, used for 4 rounds and the guy is selling it because he doesn't like it as much as his TaylorMade. He is selling it for $130 shipped (he said he doesn't know what it is worth as it was a gift)! I am awaiting pictures. The shaft is a reg flex, but I can always put a new stiff one in it. Should I get it if it is legit? :confused2:

Why do you need two? Unless you want to try a different shaft or something I don't really see the point. By the time you put in a new stiff shaft depending on what you get it could get up to the price of another brand new G20.

Plus you don't even know if you like your first one on the course? Just doesn't sound very smart at all to buy another one..

Why do you need two? Unless you want to try a different shaft or something I don't really see the point. By the time you put in a new stiff shaft depending on what you get it could get up to the price of another brand new G20.

Plus you don't even know if you like your first one on the course? Just doesn't sound very smart at all to buy another one..

I have NO good reason haha. Just seemed like a deal too good to pass up. I am addicted to buying stuff.

I have NO good reason haha. Just seemed like a deal too good to pass up. I am addicted to buying stuff.

I understand I'm just trying to point out the other side of it. You don't even know for sure you like the G20 on the course yet. Buying another one JUST because it's a good deal doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I'm not a big fan of thinking of golf clubs as an investment or just because they are a good deal. There are others that disagree though, so do what makes you happy!

Appreciate and totally understand the feedback bahester! I have looked at both sides of the argument. I am 50/50 on this one.

I stupidly gauged a hunk of paint on the shaft near the grip. I found a place that is selling G20 pulls and ordered one for $35 shipped. I'm going to have the current shaft cut down an inch - something I was contemplating anyway but was nervous about doing because of swing weight stuff - which will just about cover up the gauge. I'll report back on the effects of cutting it down. If it fails I'll have the replacement pull installed.

Think the price on these is going to come down once the Anser comes out? I am in serious ponder mode.

Think the price on these is going to come down once the Anser comes out? I am in serious ponder mode.

I am kind of thinking the store prices won't change but you'll be able to find used ones nicely reduced.

Back