Thanks, TC, says a lot coming from you to have it in the bag. I'd say I'm caustiously optimistic. If its' close to the cocsistency I saw when making the decision, this si a huge deal - distance is a distant 2nd to that for me. Sorry if this is a skim, but what shaft do you have in yours (not in your signature)? My surprise isn't the G20 itself (Imade the impulse purchase on lookgs with the I15 over the G15 last year, so not doing that again), it's the stock shaft.

I have the stock shaft in stiff flex. Sorry for the delayed response.

Sent from my forged iPad

Cool, then I gotta ask if you are seeing the same thing I did if you don't mind. In the demo/fitting, I surprisingly found that shaft to feel a mixture of "soft" but "stable" - not stiff at all but still able to handle my 98-101 mph swing well. You obviously like the driver, but just curious on your thoughts about the shaft itself in terms of how it feels versus other shafts and if you've seen any different performance from when you first hit it to now after gaming it for a while.

I have the stock shaft in stiff flex. Sorry for the delayed response.

Sent from my forged iPad

Tonight was my second session at the range with the driver. There was improvement, but I still have work to do. I choked down on the shaft a little and started controlling the ball better, resulting in a mostly gentle fade. That isn't my normal ball flight, which is why I say I've got more work to do. But I did hit a few solid and straight and when I did, holy crap. A few flew the driving range. That was definitely the exception to the fade but still, just wow. Maybe best of all, the worst shots with the G20 are comparable to my better drives with the Titleist 909D I used to have in the bag. I really like this club. A little more work and I'm going to have a different game than before.

I posted in the What did you buy thread but figured I would post it here and add to this thread when I get to take it out on the course this weekend. I finally bought the G20. I loved it the first time I hit it. Brought it to have my Matrix Radix HD shaft put in it and hit a few balls today at GS with it. This thing is just a monster. It is the real deal for sure. Here are some pics:

38298079.jpg

12bc2a3c.jpg

Dev, you are going to love it. It's a beast, I'll be interested to hear how it goes with the new shaft.

Dev, you are going to love it. It's a beast, I'll be interested to hear how it goes with the new shaft.

I will update this thread for sure. I have used the Matrix Radix shaft on my SF 2.0 for a full season now and absolutely love it so it should translate well over to the G20.

The stock setup is just awesome for me. I'm scared of changing it.

The stock setup is just awesome for me. I'm scared of changing it.

Worst case scenario I just switch them out. I didnt want to tinker much with the shaft because it has been working great for me. I hit about 20-30 balls on the launch monitor after picking it up and I was just nuking it straight as an arrow. Hopefully get at least 9 in this weekend with it.

So i was looking at my scores and stats on fairway files yesterday. In the 8 rounds I have owned this club I haven't shot worse than 79 once and 77 or below the other 7 with an average of 12 fairways hit. This game is easy like this. (If I could putt)

+1 JROD, I have played 4 rounds with it and if you take out the first round which is the day after I bought it, I have shot 99,90,90 and 86 which tied my best for the year! The more I use it the more accurate I am getting with it and my number of fairways hit is going up. It is just so easy to swing and hit a nice drive with!!!

Change up that ping putter, you could go with a TM rossa blade with a ping cover like I do. I have been putting my but off, just the rest of my game is crap.

So i was looking at my scores and stats on fairway files yesterday. In the 8 rounds I have owned this club I haven't shot worse than 79 once and 77 or below the other 7 with an average of 12 fairways hit. This game is easy like this. (If I could putt)

Change up that ping putter, you could go with a TM rossa blade with a ping cover like I do. I have been putting my but off, just the rest of my game is crap.

The sad part is my putting has actually been stellar compared to my normal rounds. I'm hitting a ton of GIR's but my proximity to the hole is abit far. Thats gonna change tomorrow though.

Hit my new G20 at the range a bunch of times but finally got it out on the course Saturday. WOW. I was absolutely bombing it. I average 12-15 yards extra distance over my previous driver TM SF 2.0. The sound this thing makes when you make impact is so sweet. It sounds like a cannon is going off. I absolutely love it. I said after the round that I cannot imagine buying another driver.

Hit my new G20 at the range a bunch of times but finally got it out on the course Saturday. WOW. I was absolutely bombing it. I average 12-15 yards extra distance over my previous driver TM SF 2.0. The sound this thing makes when you make impact is so sweet. It sounds like a cannon is going off. I absolutely love it. I said after the round that I cannot imagine buying another driver.

wow that's amazing, I wonder how this would do against my r11, I haven't' been able to hit it right.

Have i pondered getting a G20? Yes, can i justify it now? no haha

wow that's amazing, I wonder how this would do against my r11, I haven't' been able to hit it right.

Have i pondered getting a G20? Yes, can i justify it now? no haha

With all the TM stuff I hit, they all feel and sound tinny to me. I guess its just the material. I love the good old bassy sound of the G20. Really sounds like a cannon. Love love love it.

With all the TM stuff I hit, they all feel and sound tinny to me. I guess its just the material. I love the good old bassy sound of the G20. Really sounds like a cannon. Love love love it.

I've been noticing that recently, they all sound and feel so crappy sometimes, the cleveland demo day killed me and I'm all confused about TM now, I must expand my horizons and pick some better equipment!

I've been noticing that recently, they all sound and feel so crappy sometimes, the cleveland demo day killed me and I'm all confused about TM now, I must expand my horizons and pick some better equipment!

Nothing wrong with TMaG and they work for alot of people, but I just didnt like the sound and feel of it. I played a hole yesterday where it is a pretty long way out and for me, I dont hit very long, I have alot of trouble getting it out there far enough to have a shot at the green in 2. I drove the ball through the fairway and had a 7 iron into the green. I know it sounds crazy but I am being 100% honest. The ball just goes forever off this thing. I couldnt be happier.

Nothing wrong with TMaG and they work for alot of people, but I just didnt like the sound and feel of it. I played a hole yesterday where it is a pretty long way out and for me, I dont hit very long, I have alot of trouble getting it out there far enough to have a shot at the green in 2. I drove the ball through the fairway and had a 7 iron into the green. I know it sounds crazy but I am being 100% honest. The ball just goes forever off this thing. I couldnt be happier.

yeah I like my putter irons and hybrids but the R11 didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to.

Wow that's awesome, I want some nice distance like that, I am considering entering pondering mode for a new driver, uh oh!

yeah I like my putter irons and hybrids but the R11 didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to.

Wow that's awesome, I want some nice distance like that, I am considering entering pondering mode for a new driver, uh oh!

I am never one to push any brand or club on anyone as I really believe in fitting but I cant see how this club wouldnt work for everyone. It is just a monster. If anyone is reading this and pondering a G20. BUY IT! You will not regret it.

I am never one to push any brand or club on anyone as I really believe in fitting but I cant see how this club wouldnt work for everyone. It is just a monster. If anyone is reading this and pondering a G20. BUY IT! You will not regret it.

Uh oh. . . I am heading over to the shop real soon to see if he has any in stock to demo. . .

Uh oh. . . I am heading over to the shop real soon to see if he has any in stock to demo. . .

Hahaha, bring your wallet with you. I made the "mistake" of hitting it and just couldnt stop thinking about it for a week or 2 and eventually caved.

Hahaha, bring your wallet with you. I made the "mistake" of hitting it and just couldnt stop thinking about it for a week or 2 and eventually caved.

Ah crap haha, I want to see if he can do a fitting if he has it since I did the mistake of not getting fit for my recent stuff. I don't know if he'll have them though which would suck. I'm getting a 5 wood today anyways so maybe he'll have a nice ping 5 wood.

Ah crap haha, I want to see if he can do a fitting if he has it since I did the mistake of not getting fit for my recent stuff. I don't know if he'll have them though which would suck. I'm getting a 5 wood today anyways so maybe he'll have a nice ping 5 wood.

I was pretty fortunate. I had a shaft fitting done and just used the same shaft in the new driver. Definitely get fitted. It very well may not work for you but I cant imagine how it couldnt.

I was pretty fortunate. I had a shaft fitting done and just used the same shaft in the new driver. Definitely get fitted. It very well may not work for you but I cant imagine how it couldnt.

yeah I will get fitted for anything else I get from now on, I'm done with the guessing game!

I Don't hit the ball long but I bought the 10.5 tour stiff and love it. Bought the 4 wood in the same shaft. Love it also. I had the Rapture in Diamana stiff. I hit it longer but the G20 is longer on average. At first I didn't care for the sound or looks. That stuff doesn't matter when you hit it square. I love the sound and looks.

Back