TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Finally got out to the range on Sunday. Rain and cold settled in Friday evening and didn't leave until Sunday morning! Anyways, things started off good while I warmed up. None of my shots were particularly bad up until I pulled the Rescue out. I started hitting a lot of mat on my shots. I'm not too sure what it was, but I could not put a decent swing on the Rescue. None of the shots were really bad mind you, I was just loosing a lot of distance. It was going fairly straight. Some of the problem might have been that I was hitting into a very strong wind. I hit my MachSpeed hybrid before I pulled the Rescue and for the first time in a long time, I was able to really make good contact with it. Hit some bombs with it, but i couldn't carry them over to the Rescue. The Rescue launches much higher compared to the MachSpeed so some of my problem might have been the wind knocking some of my shots back. That coupled with taking too much mat, just made for not a great day.

Finally took a couple pics of the wear on the club. Not terrible if you ask me. It's never been officially "washed".

SDC10817.jpg

SDC10818.jpg

Apologies on the pics, my camera isn't the best at close-ups. As you can see, I've got a couple small chips at the crown, but nothing to distract at address. Overall, the face is pretty good. It's wearing, but nothing too bad. There's a few scuffs on the sole and the dirt/dust really seems to clinging on. I'm sure though, with a little wash, it'll be almost brand new again.

EDIT: Great write-up IN!!

Yeah I have some 'idiot' marks on my Rescue 11 as well. From whenI made contact where the face meets the crown. I can't really notice them at address. So I can't compain. I washed my Rescues before my weekend of golf. It's amazing how much the white crown gets dirty. They looked brand new once they were clean.

Yeah I have some 'idiot' marks on my Rescue 11 as well. From whenI made contact where the face meets the crown. I can't really notice them at address. So I can't compain. I washed my Rescues before my weekend of golf. It's amazing how much the white crown gets dirty. They looked brand new once they were clean.

That's one thing that really surprised me while in FL. I got grass stains on the white crown. They came off, but it did concern me for a while.

That's one thing that really surprised me while in FL. I got grass stains on the white crown. They came off, but it did concern me for a while.

Mine clean up pretty easy. I found it really tough to look at the club at address and see those grass stains on the white crown.

Mine clean up pretty easy. I found it really tough to look at the club at address and see those grass stains on the white crown.

They didn't interfere with my swing, but they did bother me. I like things clean, and seeing the grass stains really put me out there. It's just something that shouldn't be. I never thought that I would see grass stains on there.

They didn't interfere with my swing, but they did bother me. I like things clean, and seeing the grass stains really put me out there. It's just something that shouldn't be. I never thought that I would see grass stains on there.

all i do is whipe it off after every shot with my Frogger towel, its wet in the middle so it comes right off, i can say the white is the easiest to clean out of any club i have ever owned but it gets dirty just as easy, also the paint is the most durable out of any club i have ever owned, not sure if its the way its applied or just the type of paint they use but its good stuff.

I was definitely surprised by how tough the white paint is. I assumed it would chip and be very apparent where it meets the clubface, but that hasn't been the case at all. Also, the white has stayed extremely clean for me. I've only had to wipe it clean a few times. I'll go into more depth in my final write-up.

Fairway I haven't had a whole lot of time to keep checking this thread but would you say it has a hot face? like it just jumps off or it takes a little effort to get the ball up?

Fairway I haven't had a whole lot of time to keep checking this thread but would you say it has a hot face? like it just jumps off or it takes a little effort to get the ball up?

it has a very hot face

It feels very hot to me, almost like a trampoline. Off the tee it's a monster. With a smooth swing it just takes off with a very nice penetrating ball-flight. It feels just like a 5 wood to me, if that makes sense. I have the TP with the 85 gram RIP.

Very hot face. So much so that I find that there is a lot of spin that is added, which may lead to some hooks. This club is not for the person who likes to swing really hard and just hopes to make contact. You have to be pretty confident with your swing with the Rescue 11s.

just made my tee time for tomorrow at 6pm, cant wait to get back out there.

I just hit the 3 rescue today at Golf Galaxy and now I really want one. I think my Mashie is going up on the market place.

I just hit the 3 rescue today at Golf Galaxy and now I really want one. I think my Mashie is going up on the market place.

That's good news. So glad you like it. It's a solid club for sure. Not as forgiving as the Mashie, so if you are ok with that, I'd say you're good.

1.5 hours till im on course, ready to play!!!

I like the Mashie but I cannot get my tempo down with it. It just feels so light to me. So I either hook it or push it.

That's good news. So glad you like it. It's a solid club for sure. Not as forgiving as the Mashie, so if you are ok with that, I'd say you're good.

1.5 hours till im on course, ready to play!!!

Nice man, play well!

I like the Mashie but I cannot get my tempo down with it. It just feels so light to me. So I either hook it or push it.

That's been a common complaint with the Mashie. Good tempo is a must for the Rescue as well. It is heavier than the Mashie, but you will be greatly rewarded with a nice, smooth swing with the Rescue. It's actually quite similar to the Mashie in that regard.

I found the smooth swing to be true with the Rescue. I think the heavier club helped me with it. Will see once I get to try one outside and on the course.

That's been a common complaint with the Mashie. Good tempo is a must for the Rescue as well. It is heavier than the Mashie, but you will be greatly rewarded with a nice, smooth swing with the Rescue. It's actually quite similar to the Mashie in that regard.

I found the smooth swing to be true with the Rescue. I think the heavier club helped me with it. Will see once I get to try one outside and on the course.

Keep us posted!

Its so hot out there today, 95 with a heat index of 105, if the course is packed and really slow im just gonna hit the range instead, dont wanna be sitting around in this heat lol

I'm playing right now. I'll be putting together a final write-up tonight.
a6890952-e9a4-1d32.jpg

Greens are at 11 today. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a pic of my club face.
DSC01456.jpg

I am pretty happy with my contact pattern with this hybrid. I still do fight a hook with it. If I get over aggerssive and swing too hard, then I get the low hook. Otherwise, smooth swings equate to fantatastic results.

ok guys i went to play 9 and the course was having their normal wednesday night scramble i forgot about so i just went to the range instead, i really have nothing i can add after tonight, i took 2 clubs to the range, my Rescue11 and my new 910D2 i bought for some testing, i am in serious trouble and i dont know what to do, all last year and early this year my hybrids and driver were the best clubs in my bag, my driver and hybrid swing felt great, it was effortless to hit a good shot with them, fast forward to the last couple months especially with my driver, i can not hit a good shot with my driver, sure ill hit one everyonce in awhile and have a good round inbetween just horrible displays off the tee and long clubs (hybrid), when i actually hit one good it was the great results im use to seeing but 99% of the balls i hit tonight were either topped, worm burners that went about 150 yards and didnt even hardly get off the ground, ect... When i am holding the driver and rescue in my hand getting ready to swing it almost like i have never swung a club before, i just dont know what to do, same thing during the entire swing, i tryed moving the ball clear up off my big toe and had a couple good drives and rescue11 shots that way but like i said before 99% of my shots were horrible. I bet my handicap is up to a 10 or 11 if i would actually keep track of it consistently, not worried about it since i dont play tournys or anything but i like to have a reference of where my game is at, seriously swinging the long clubs like a 30+ hcp (no offense higher caps just giving a reference). I just dont know what to do anymore and its getting very very frustrating. Sorry for the longish post about me complaining i just had to get it off my chest

I have seen more forgiveness more towards to toe. The ball comes off lower and tends to fade a little, but it at least gets out there. My opinion that this club is not forgiving is changing slightly. I do think that the forgiveness is there, as long as contact is left-center or right-center. Higher and lower on the clubface seems to be where the forgiveness is lacking.

I still have a hard time explaining how much I love the sound and feel of this club with solid contact.

I thought I would update on my range session today...

the range I was at had a green at 165 and a green at 200. My distance with the 5-hybrid fell directly inbetween them. So I had a fun time. The sound is so distinct with this club. I could tell immediately when I made good contact, and when I made GREAT contact. My ball flight was a little sporadic. I had a few low shots, but I had a lot more of the shots I was used to. I really do like the high ball flight. I feel like I get a ton of carry, which gives me confidence. I have been trying to experiment more with the shot shapes. I still don't feel like I want to try and shape into greens on the course, but at the range it's a great time.

Back