TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I find myself saying this alot but this website is AMAZING! Being able to get first hand reviews from golfers just like us make the option of purchasing a club so much easier. Thanks to THP and every maker who donates clubs to be user-tested.

It sure is, its awesome getting first hand reviews from normal everyday golfers of all skill levels.

To all the testers out there i just realized June 9th will be 3 months, im still gonna be updating this thread after our 3 months is up but man did that go by fast

It sure is, its awesome getting first hand reviews from normal everyday golfers of all skill levels.

To all the testers out there i just realized June 9th will be 3 months, im still gonna be updating this thread after our 3 months is up but man did that go by fast

That was a quick three months for sure.

That was a quick three months for sure.

i know, i was looking at my PM's and saw the one from JB at the very beggining of testing with all the rules and it was 3-9-11, man does time go by fast when you have a great site like this

Thank you everyone for the great reviews. I have been looking at a new hybrid for some time now, but haven't found one that performs well and actually looks good. This might just be it. Obviously I need to hit it myself, but all of the reviews really help. Thank you for being honest and very in depth.

If anyone doesn't like their Rescue 11 for some odd reason, PM me, I might be interested in purchasing it.

Thank you everyone for the great reviews. I have been looking at a new hybrid for some time now, but haven't found one that performs well and actually looks good. This might just be it. Obviously I need to hit it myself, but all of the reviews really help. Thank you for being honest and very in depth.

If anyone doesn't like their Rescue 11 for some odd reason, PM me, I might be interested in purchasing it.

Your welcome, glad our reviews could help you out. Hopefully you can hit it and it is the one for you, i love this thing

Been spending some more time out at the range and am continuing to be impressed by the club. I'm really hoping that I can get a round or 2 in here soon. Hopefully I'll be able to get one in before work next week.

Had to make a quick trip out of town last night, so I couldn't get out to the range like I wanted. Cold and rainy out today, but the waether is looking up for Saturday and Sunday so I should be able to make it out there at least once this weekend.

In my 9 hole round I played yesterday I only used the hybrid once. On my first tee shot I ended up right at the corner of a dogleg and needed to keep it low to avoid hitting the trees because I was hitting along the treeline. This is the third time I have had to hit a low punch shot with this club, and once again I did it with ease. It seemed to just hang in the air forever at a low trajectory and stayed just below the tree branches. It is like my mind speaks to this club and it does whatever I need it to. When I need to hit it high to get over trees I can, and when I need to hit a low punch (out of the rough) I was able to do so very easily. This is a very workable club, much more workable than my previous hybrid, and I think it is really helping me knock some strokes off my game.

In my 9 hole round I played yesterday I only used the hybrid once. On my first tee shot I ended up right at the corner of a dogleg and needed to keep it low to avoid hitting the trees because I was hitting along the treeline. This is the third time I have had to hit a low punch shot with this club, and once again I did it with ease. It seemed to just hang in the air forever at a low trajectory and stayed just below the tree branches. It is like my mind speaks to this club and it does whatever I need it to. When I need to hit it high to get over trees I can, and when I need to hit a low punch (out of the rough) I was able to do so very easily. This is a very workable club, much more workable than my previous hybrid, and I think it is really helping me knock some strokes off my game.

thats great IN, the low punch shot is one of my favorite shots with the Rescue11, my tee time is 9am for in the morning so me and the Rescue11 are going to get some much needed time together.

Hi
I thought I would update you on folks on my durability. The face looks used, I have no crown marks or chips. The bottom of the club is losing some if its finish and paint. This I would expect out of a regularily used club that comes into play in many situations. Do I feel there is value. Yes, I also believe that they could drop the price on models by 50 bucks. TM should look at their greatest competition, that would be the mashie in my opinion, and take note.

Hi
I thought I would update you on folks on my durability. The face looks used, I have no crown marks or chips. The bottom of the club is losing some if its finish and paint. This I would expect out of a regularily used club that comes into play in many situations. Do I feel there is value. Yes, I also believe that they could drop the price on models by 50 bucks. TM should look at their greatest competition, that would be the mashie in my opinion, and take note.

or the 910h which is even more than the Rescue11, i think the rescue11 is priced very fair. Also the mashie isnt adjustable which adds to the cost

My face is starting to look pretty warn too. I dont really notice it from address, but holding the club I can see it. I have a couple of very small chips at the very top of the club face where it meets with the white. Very small white chips have come off, but again, not noticeable at address.

Ya price is ok, like anything great. It costs money. Furthermore, it's the only thing I can find to whine about with this club

Ya price is ok, like anything great. It costs money. Furthermore, it's the only thing I can find to whine about with this club

haha well thats a good thing, means its working great for ya.

Well guys and gals i just back from the course and played 9, i only hit the rescue11 twice today and the results were 50/50, im back to the hybrid and driver woes, i used another demo driver today at my course since i dont have a driver at the moment and didnt hit one fairway, everything was low snap hooks. The two shots with the rescue11 were both 240+ to the green, the first one was a low snap hook just like the driver and the second one was a nice high straight ball, left me with about a 20 yard pitch. The second shot felt so damn good though, loved the sound and feel, took a nice little divot with it as well. I went on to shoot a very gut wrenching 45, o man i hope the driver issues arent back like they were a month or two ago. I think once i get one of my drivers i will get it figured out again since i will be able to get on the range and get some practice in with it and the rescue11. I have a good writeup for my final thoughts on this, when that time comes.

I'd just like to say thank you to all the testers who have done a great job with the Rescue 11. I've read every post in this thread and I really look forward to possibly joining into this thread in the near future...Maybe:alien:

I'd just like to say thank you to all the testers who have done a great job with the Rescue 11. I've read every post in this thread and I really look forward to possibly joining into this thread in the near future...Maybe:alien:

Thanks CB. I tried to give the best honest input I could. I'm working on a final writeup now. I'd love to hear how they work out for you if the Rescue 11s are what you're going with for the MC.

Thanks Bubba Watson, can i get a autograph lol. I still cant beleive the 9th will be 3 months of testing this, gone by so quick

I'm playing 36 Tuesday and Wednesday at BCC, so I'm going to give these quite a bit of use and then put together a final write-up. I feel really bad that I'm going to take this out of the bag for the Mashie and not continue in this thread, though I will still answer any questions anyone has. The club just isn't for me. I hope this doesn't offend JB or take me out of the running for any future testing, but I'd rather be honest about it instead of taking it out of the bag and continuing to write false reviews. I really hope the thoughts I gave and questions I answered helped give people a good perspective of this club from my experience with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm playing 36 Tuesday and Wednesday at BCC, so I'm going to give these quite a bit of use and then put together a final write-up. I feel really bad that I'm going to take this out of the bag for the Mashie and not continue in this thread, though I will still answer any questions anyone has. The club just isn't for me. I hope this doesn't offend JB or take me out of the running for any future testing, but I'd rather be honest about it instead of taking it out of the bag and continuing to write false reviews. I really hope the thoughts I gave and questions I answered helped give people a good perspective of this club from my experience with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Props to you man! Thats what THP is all about. I love hearing honest opinions. While I simply love my R11 Rescue, I know there are others out there that may not like it. Hopefully those who read the forum and want to do testing don't feel obligated to give a good review just because they received the club for free for testing. I personally tried a couple other hybrids alongside this one when I first got it in order to do a comparison between clubs. While I still stuck with this in my bag, I think there are different benefits to each golfer in the different hybrids. Glad you found the hybrid you like out of this experience.

Well I played 82 holes from Thursday to Monday. A lot of golf. I played 9 on Thursday night, 18 on Friday, 36 on Saturday, and 18 on Sunday. It was a lot of golf. After Thursday, my swing left me. Instead of a baby draw, from Friday thru Sunday, I was fadding/slicing everything. I used the Rescue 11 multiple times. I struggled with it. the confidence in my own swing was gone. I hit some good, some bad. But I never feared pulling the club.

If this pulls you out of the running for future testing, then the testing process is flawed. I would venture a guess and say that this may qualify you for more testing.

OK so I have been testing the R11 for a couple months now, and while I had a lengthy initial write-up, I have only touched in one or two aspects about this club each week in smaller write-ups. So here is a "mid-term" update on my thoughts of the R11 Rescue and even some of the thoughts I had when I compared it to other hybrids:

Looks: Among all other hybrids out there the R11 stands out as the most beautiful to me. I just love the white heads of the R11 line. Not just the color, but the shape as well. I was not a fan of the shape of the 910h because it was too squared at the top for me. The R11 has a very traditional shape, and I love the white head with the contrast to the black face to help with alignment. Now...after playing with this beauty for 2 months I have noticed quite a bit of wear on the face. Others on here have mentioned the silver nicks on the face that occur with use. While holding the club in my hand it is very obvious. However, when it is at address it not noticeable so it does not distract me from my shot. If more and more of the face turns silver and I lose some of the contrast between the white and black then it may be more noticeable and I would have to let everyone know then if it is distracting at all. As of now, it is not a problem. I also have a couple of small chips in the white paint right where the white head meets with the top of the face. These are VERY small, and again not noticeable at address. Overall I am a little surprised at how much the face has worn and that the paint chips off there without a ton of use, but once it is in playing position it does not interfere with my alignment or focus.

Performance This is where the Rescue really stands out to me compared to other hybrids. I spent a good amount of time with the 910h and the Mashie last month simply for the purpose of comparing during my testing. The one thing I love about the Rescue is the higher initial trajectory I get when I hit the ball. The Mashie performed very similarly, but the 910h did not get the ball up in the air fast enough for me and I was not able to pull off some of the shots that I could with the Rescue or Mashie if I was trying to go over a tree or something.

This higher trajectory has also seemed to add more distance compared to my previous hybrid. I am averaging between 10-15 more yards with the Rescue compared to my previous hybrid. Distance was the same with the Mashie, and the 910h was about the same as my old hybrid.

I think of all the hybrids out there right now, the Rescue felt the best to me when hit in the sweet spot. As others have mentioned, this is not the most forgiving hybrid, so hitting it off-center did cause me to lose a good 20 yards, I am typically a very good ball striker so for me personally this has not been a problem. But for someone looking for something a little more forgiving you might want to check out the Mashie, but if you are a good ball striker and can hit the center of the club face often then you can definitely get the full performance benefits from this club.

The Rescue performs very well in just about every lie. I can hit it great from the fairway, but what really stands out to me is how well it plays from the rough. I have had shots in short, medium, and foot-long rough, and I have hit great shots every time. The one that surprised me the most was the very long grass. I was only trying to swing harder to get it to at least come out of the long grass for a 30 yard shot or so, and the club cut through it perfectly and I shot it 175 yards straight down the fairway. The weight of the clubhead feels great, and I think the weight of it is what helps it get through the rough very easily with the rough causing the clubhead to open or close. I was not able to hit the 910 or Mashie as well out of the rough. I absolutely LOVE using the Rescue off the tee. When I want to hit a straight shot and be certain to get it in the fairway, this is the club I pull. I hit my driver the most, but this is definitely my favorite club to hit off the tee. I just get a little smile on my face every time I pull this club from my bag knowing I am about to tee off with it. It feels great hitting it off the tee and I love just watching it fly straight down the fairway and land softly.

Workability The Rescue is very workable. I have been able to hit a variety of shots with no hesitation, and when I set up to the ball I have great confidence that I can pull off the shot I am about to try. I have been able to work the ball left, right, and low with no problem whatsoever. This is what I love most about this club. I have been in numerous situations where I have been along a tree line, or even in some trees where I have had an opening and needed to keep it low. I have been able to hit some great low, straight shots with the Rescue. The 910 also hits well when trying to keep it low, the Mashie I was not able to keep as low all of the time. I wasn't as consistent trying to hit low stingers with the Mashie at the range as I was with the 910 and the Rescue.

Overall thoughts Overall I could not be more pleased with this club. While I think there are better options out there for someone who wants a more forgiving hybrid, I think this is the best for someone with good ball striking skills. Whether you want to work the ball or just keep it straight, this club can do it. I did not even give the 910h a second thought after I was done comparing it, it just did not do anything for me. The Mashie was very similar in performance in just about every category, except for the fact that I thought the Rescue performed better out of rough. I can easily see why there is a lot of hype for the Mashie though, it is a great hybrid as well. The only thing steering me away from a Mashie is the look. The Mashie finish is just not for me, and I just love the white finish of the Rescue, and I have a ton of confidence standing over it getting ready to hit my shot. For anyone looking at a new hybrid this year, definitely check out the Rescue and the Mashie. Mashie provides a little more forgiveness, but I was able to keep the ball lower when I needed to with the Rescue. Again, there are benefits to each club, but this R11 Rescue will be staying in my bag for a long time.

Great write up IN, the rescue11 will be staying in my bag for a long time as well. I will be doing my final writeup here soon since the 3 months is over on the 9th but i will still be updating this thread even after the final review. I still just cant say enough about how good this hybrid is.

Nice thorough write-up IN! Very glad that this club is working for you and will be a part of your bag for a bit.

Back