TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Played 18 today. I'll give a rundown of shots with the Rescue 11 today.

1st hole off the tee- played for the ball to draw, but it went dead straight and I was aimed just inside a FW bunker. Bad result, but great ball-flight, distance, sound/feel.
12th hole 2nd into a par 5- played it over the water and short of the green, ball went right where I aimed. Penetrated through the wind very nicely on this shot.
14th hole off the tee- ball went right where I aimed in the FW with great ball-flight.

I really tried to hit it as much as possible today, but I just didn't have the situations. I'm going to work on a final write-up tonight and get it posted by tomorrow. Any questions, please fire away.

F2G -

How did you like that second shot on the par 5? I remember you saying that you weren't a fan of the turf interaction. Still feel the same?

F2G -

How did you like that second shot on the par 5? I remember you saying that you weren't a fan of the turf interaction. Still feel the same?

I still feel the same. I just hit it as I would a 5 wood instead of the way I would hit say the M3. On that particular shot thin was an acceptable miss, so I wasn't worried and I was trying to hit the Rescue 11 as much as I could today too.

Final Thoughts Of My 3 Months Of Testing

Final Thoughts Of My 3 Months Of Testing

Hey everybody as you know i have been testing the Rescue11 4/21* TP Hybrid for Taylormade and THP over the last 3 months, first and foremost i just want to say thank you to Taylormade and THP for the great opportunity and trusting me to give my honest feedback, i really appreciate the chance and it has been a blast! I play the Rescue11 in neutral. Now on the the good stuff:D

Appearance- This is one of the things that i think the Rescue11 is head and shoulders above all the rest, IMO it is the best looking hybrid on the market out of any OEM, it is just stunning to look at! The white crown with the black face is amazing to look at but its also functional, it helps with allignment so much. The only thing that the rescue11 lacks in this department is where the alignment aid is located, it is slightly towards the heel, not a big issue and it doesnt bother me one bit but i wanted to be honest. I give the Rescue11 a 9/10 in the appearance category.

Feel- Compared to my 09 Rescue TP that i played last year the Rescue11 is a bit heavier which is a good thing IMO, it really helps keep your tempo smooth and lets you know where the clubhead is throughout the entire swing.
The feel off the face of this club is very solid and muted, its hard to describe, almost like the solidness of a wooden baseball bat but with a very slight metallic sound if that makes sense. It is honestly one of the best feeling/sounding clubs i have ever hit, allot of people determin feel from the sound of the club and its just a very solid feel. 10/10 in this catagory for me

Adjustability- The adjustablility of this hybrid is great, its just like the driver with the FCT, open or close the face and increase or decrease loft, it just plain works!

Forgiveness- A number of people have mentioned that this is not the most forgiving hybrid out there and i would have to agree with that 100% but, and this is a big but for me, IMO it is more than enough forgiveness packed into the Rescue11, out of the 3 months of testing i have only had 1 or 2 shots that really punished me. I have also noticed minimal distance loss when misshit, high or low on the face has been the worse in terms of distance loss, toward the toe or heel the ball still reacts great and i would only see about 5 yards max loss of distance, around 7-10 yards with it very low or high on the face. I give it a 8/10 in this catagory.

Trajectory High, low, mid, you name it the Rescue11 can do it. My normal ball flight with it is mid/high that just pierces through the wind, its amazing. When my swing is on and i dont have the yips like i do at the moment i have no trouble hitting it a little higher for a soft landing to hold the green, same with keeping it low, the Rescue11 is my favorite club in the bag to use for punch shots, its very easy to keep the ball down. I give it a 9/10 in this catagory.

Workability- I will be honest and say that working the ball is something that i dont try to do allot, however i do still work on it a little at the range. My normal miss is a hook and my normal shot shape is a draw and its no different with this club. I have had to hook it around doglegs and trees numerous times this year and most of the time the Rescue11 did exactly what i wanted it to, it is also pretty easy to hit a small fade with it as well. I think for a low handicap player that really likes to work the ball you would really enjoy this hybrid. Im not gonna rate this one because plain and simple i dont have the skill to give a honest rating, i will say again i have never had a problem hitting a draw/hook with it.

Performance- The one thing that every single golfer no matter of skill level looks for in a club. The Rescue11 for me has been the 2nd best performer in my bag this year only getting beat by my wedge. The turf interaction you get with this club is amazing, it goes through anything with ease. I have hit it from the fairway, fairway bunkers, first cut rough, 4 inch tall rough, knee high weeds(please dont ask lol) and every single time the Rescue11 has gone through it perfectly, it just goes through the ground like a knife through hot butter. I have only had a couple fat shots where it dug to much and that was when the ground was soaking wet when it rained for about 2 weeks straight. I left out dead grass above for a reason, this is the only place it falls short for me, for some reason i always get way to underneath it when im hitting out of dead grass, i think its because of how well it goes through the ground the dead grass is just to easy to go through causing me to get under it to fast if that makes sense.
I have used this off the tee allot on short dog leg par 4's and long par 3's and its MONEY off the tee, if the big dog isnt working pull out the Rescue11/Fairway Finder and get to work, i have had amazing results with it, i would say i could hit 7-8/10 balls in the fairway off the tee, its just that good in that aspect. I also wanted to mention if you are one of those that go after the ball with everything you got you might have trouble with this club, i have found that a smooth swing works best and the trouble beggins when you go 100% after it, keep it at about 80-85% and your golden!
Bump and Runs, i dont know allot of people that use the hybrid for long bump and runs but i am one of them. The Rescue11 has such a hot face it took me awhile to get use to it compared to the 09 Rescue TP but once you get it down it performs great, this all comes back to how well this club gets through the rough, instead of trying to hack out with a wedge give it a shot with the hybrid. I give it a 9/10 in this catagory.

RIP Shaft- Love it, it is so stable and smooth, it is very predictable and never feels like it gets loose. You can feel it load and unload at impact. I also love the weight of it, 85 grams is a perfect weight for a hybrid shaft IMO.

Distance- I have the 4/21* Rescue and hit it on average 215-230 yards which i think is a very good distance for a 21* hybrid, i have actually hit some bombs with it that were 240+ but that was with a little wind at my back and perfect contact. If i can consistently keep hitting this in that 220+ range like i have i will be thrilled. Its also very easy to choke down on it for that 200 yard par 3 you dont wanna be long on. It just does everything i tell ya. Another 9/10 in this catagory.

Durability- This was a big surprise to me, no matter what brand the paint has always chipped and shown wear pretty fast, this is where the Rescue11 excells, it is the most durable paint i have ever seen on a golf club period! When i first got this for testing i teed a couple balls up to sky them on purpose to test the durability and guess what happened, nothing, notta, zilch, it did not leave a dummy mark/sky mark like a black club would show, amazing how durable this white paint is. The only thing i have had happen is where the white crown meets the face there are a couple paint chips from catching a ball high on the face, thats it though. The black sole and black face are holding up very well for me, there are a couple marks on the face when you look very close it looks like silver scratches but its not noticable at address, have to be very close to see them, same with the black sole, some minor scratches but nothing major, just normal wear. I give it a 9/10 in this catagory.

Final Thoughts- To sum it up without making this even longer is i love it and it will stay in the bag for a long time. I have recommended this hybrid to so many people that are in the market for one and almost all of them love it, even the couple that didnt like it to much commented on how great the sound/feel is. Taylormade has a real winner on their hands with the Rescue11 and i would buy one without hesitation. If your looking for a hybrid that does just about everything you could ask for get out there and demo this bad boy, you wont regret it! I just want to say thank you again to THP and Taylormade for this great opportunity. I will leave you with some before and after pics, goes from new to used/showing wear. Enjoy.
11.jpg

FaceSticker.jpg

09vsRescue11.jpg

sole2.jpg

1stRangeSoleDirty.jpg

1stRangeFace.jpg

WEARPICS2.jpg

WEARPICS.jpg

MayRescue113.jpg

MayRescue112.jpg

MayRescue11.jpg

I am still gonna update this thread as i use this but i wanted to get my final thoughts in while i had time/was thinking about the rescue11. If you guys and gals have any questions please ask, it took me a long time to do that final though review so i hope its up to par with what THP expects. Thanks all

Great write up 10yard.

I am also very thankful to have had the chance to put this in my bag. Even though I bought two more Rescue 11s right after my first range session, I don't think this is 'the' perfect club. I do think it has it's drawbacks. But I have love the confidence I have gained with my 5-hybrid. I hope that my experience with this club, and in this thread, has influenced more mid-handicappers to give a 5 hybrid a try.

Great write up 10yard.

I am also very thankful to have had the chance to put this in my bag. Even though I bought two more Rescue 11s right after my first range session, I don't think this is 'the' perfect club. I do think it has it's drawbacks. But I have love the confidence I have gained with my 5-hybrid. I hope that my experience with this club, and in this thread, has influenced more mid-handicappers to give a 5 hybrid a try.

Thanks BG, i agree, i hope that our testing and input has motivated people to guy demo/buy this hybrid. Its amazing

Very nice writeup 10Yard.

[/B]
Thanks BG, i agree, i hope that our testing and input has motivated people to guy demo/buy this hybrid. Its amazing

If not buy one, at least have a good idea what to expect when they do go demo one.

Thank you 10yard! You did an exceptional job!! I would agree with many of your points. I can say that reading the initial reviews helped me decide this club is for me. All the testing done was and has continued to be awesome.

Thank you 10yard! You did an exceptional job!! I would agree with many of your points. I can say that reading the initial reviews helped me decide this club is for me. All the testing done was and has continued to be awesome.

Thanks buddy, it was allot of fun/work testing the Rescue11 and would do it again in a heartbeat if i was chosen for something. Im glad this club is working out for ya

Hey everybody as you know i have been testing the Rescue11 4/21* TP Hybrid for Taylormade and THP over the last 3 months, first and foremost i just want to say thank you to Taylormade and THP for the great opportunity and trusting me to give my honest feedback, i really appreciate the chance and it has been a blast! I play the Rescue11 in neutral. Now on the the good stuff....

Great final summary 10yd. This is the kind of attention to reviews that all the OEM's deserve from us when they give us the opportunity to test and review products. Props.

great write up 10yd!
i need me one of these bad boys. hoping to win one in an upcoming tourney!

My thoughts exactly 10yard! Great write up. Yes, I think your write up is what THP expects. As a member I really enjoy reading write ups when people actually know what they are talking about. Keep up the good work! I'm glad you still enjoy the Hybrid, I know I do!

Very nice write-up 10Y! I agree with a lot of what you said. Seeing as I didn't get my Rescue as soon as everyone else, I'll be posting my final review in a couple weeks, but I too will most definately keep this thread updated beyond my final review.

Very nice write-up 10Y! I agree with a lot of what you said. Seeing as I didn't get my Rescue as soon as everyone else, I'll be posting my final review in a couple weeks, but I too will most definately keep this thread updated beyond my final review.
thanks 9.
Great final summary 10yd. This is the kind of attention to reviews that all the OEM's deserve from us when they give us the opportunity to test and review products. Props.

Thanks Oregon, i hope taylormade gets a chance to read it and knows how great the Rescue11 is. I linked it on their facebook page last night

Great write up 10yard!

Good write up doc. Love it when a match is made in golf heaven

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Good write up doc. Love it when a match is made in golf heaven

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I think you meant me so thanks lol.

I think he meant you also. LOL

just thought i would bump this back up, will check it again when im off work to see if there is any questions about my final review on page 86. thanks all

Had some range time last night. It was just a beautiful evening and I had to go and hit some balls. Things started out pretty good. My pull returned, but it sure beats my slice. Started with my small clubs and worked my way up. Took a few shots with my MachSpeed as a baseline and the first one I just creamed. Such a good ball. Hit a couple more which were good too then everything started going downhill. All of a sudden I couldn't put a good swing on the MachSpeed. Move to the Rescue to see if I could get anything going with it. The short answer is no. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't really hit it well anymore. Maybe I'm hitting too late in my time there as I had already hit 30 or so balls, but it's really bothering me. I don't think I hit a ball more than 150 with it. That sucks seeing as I put a couple over 190 with the MachSpeed. The ball launches much higher with the Rescue than the MS (which is good), but I can't get any distance out of it. Perhaps I'm hitting the ball a bit fat. The sole of the Rescue is caked with that green stuff from the mats. I'm not too sure what's going on, but I'm starting to think this club is maybe just above my skill level. I don't know. I managed to kind of put my swing back together a bit to finish the bucket. Hit some really nice 4 irons and the new Cleveland fairway is just so awesome, but I couldn't get anything going with the Rescue. Next time, I'll start with the Rescue to see if that makes a difference at all, but I'm starting to have doubts. I know that's not a good thing. I guess the honeymoon's over.....

What settings do you have it at? I had the same one as you and had it set at just below standard and squeezed an automatic 185 with it. Also, where are you settign up the ball at address? I had it set slightly ahead of center and used a sweeping swing more so than hitting down on it which eliminated baloon shots.

Had some range time last night. It was just a beautiful evening and I had to go and hit some balls. Things started out pretty good. My pull returned, but it sure beats my slice. Started with my small clubs and worked my way up. Took a few shots with my MachSpeed as a baseline and the first one I just creamed. Such a good ball. Hit a couple more which were good too then everything started going downhill. All of a sudden I couldn't put a good swing on the MachSpeed. Move to the Rescue to see if I could get anything going with it. The short answer is no. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't really hit it well anymore. Maybe I'm hitting too late in my time there as I had already hit 30 or so balls, but it's really bothering me. I don't think I hit a ball more than 150 with it. That sucks seeing as I put a couple over 190 with the MachSpeed. The ball launches much higher with the Rescue than the MS (which is good), but I can't get any distance out of it. Perhaps I'm hitting the ball a bit fat. The sole of the Rescue is caked with that green stuff from the mats. I'm not too sure what's going on, but I'm starting to think this club is maybe just above my skill level. I don't know. I managed to kind of put my swing back together a bit to finish the bucket. Hit some really nice 4 irons and the new Cleveland fairway is just so awesome, but I couldn't get anything going with the Rescue. Next time, I'll start with the Rescue to see if that makes a difference at all, but I'm starting to have doubts. I know that's not a good thing. I guess the honeymoon's over.....

Back