What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You better get those woods cooking for next weekend because Dawg, KellyBo, and myself plan on putting a good butt spanking on ya. Kind of a going away present since you are moving to North Carolina :D

I am looking so forward to teeing it up with my 3 good friends, I am looking to shooting a little better up there this time. That is where I pulled the back muscle that is still flaring up on me. 5 months and it still is not completely healed.

Carded a 97 this afternoon, had the bright idea to move up a tee to 6200 yds. That didn't work out to well in the least. Only hit 7 fairways, 6 of which were on the front, couldn't stop cutting/fading on the back 9. It wouldn't of been so bad if the right side wasn't akin to a prison shank. Hit more shots from garbage lies that I can ever remember. For instance I flushed a 5I, you know that feeling you get as soon as you hit the ball and your thinking "oh yeah, murdered that one." right into a pine tree and kicked into a bunker. Nothing went right for me today, 36 putts, and that was with 5 1 putts.

Not sure what to think of this round, had utter frustration walking up to the 18th tee thinking to myself "you got this Danny, focus."

Crushed it, 298 yds...yeah it had a good roll :) chipped to 3' and made the birdie putt. That is what drives me to improve.

Always a silver lining.

--
tapatalk

Shot 105 at the Course on Miramar. Which didn't do it justice. Fairly forgiving course, unfortunately the Marshall was non-existent, which ultimately lead to a 5 hour round of golf. Whenever you allow five-somes to tee off one after another it just slows everything down. Ball striking is much better but need to work on some little things.

I am looking so forward to teeing it up with my 3 good friends, I am looking to shooting a little better up there this time. That is where I pulled the back muscle that is still flaring up on me. 5 months and it still is not completely healed.

oops I just remembered. KellyBo has a Ladies outing next weekend so it will be the three of us at Seth's course.........

I have always hacked it up at his course but maybe this time will be the charm. Looking forward to seeing what scores we can post there.

Holed out from 80 yds. on our No.1 par 4 for eagle. Also had 2 birdies today but the double bogies added up for a 82. Not my best of the year, but still a good round in muddy conditions.

Shot 105 at a local track here in Orlando. Bad on and around the greens... the short game was not working at all. Three-jacked twice after hitting a GIR... yes, that's how bad it was. Would've been worse if I hadn't holed out on the par 4 13th for birdie from 30 yards away...

98 then a 94 all while struggling to find the fairway and 3 putting 5 different birdie opps ... Grrrr

I now tap while I talk

Didn't keep score as I forgot to get a card and the other cart was sort of inebriated. So was my partner for that matter. I would guess mid 90's like normal.

Driver = good
Hybrids/Irons=ok
Wedges=not good enough
Putter=a little below average

I shot an 82 yesterday. Today my dad and i played best ball, we shot a 68.

94 at Rock Manor in Delaware. I had 5 GIR's.....2 of them I 3 putted and another 4 jacked it. I can't remeber the last time it took me 4 putts to get it in the hole. Greens were super fast. Did birdie one of them. Finished with 2 pars to close it out. Did have 2 lost balls, but hit it well and any day playing 18 is a great day.

I managed a 6 over round at Lake Nona Country Club. I scrambled my arse off to shoot that number. Great course with wicked fast greens. I do believe Gmac was practicing on the range when I finished my round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78 today. My average last year was 91. Last week at the same course I shot 97.

Chipping and putting came together today. 27 putts. Chipped to a lot of tap in putts.

Shot a "not very impressive" 79 today. 40/39. Just nothing spectacular really and in fact I didn't really play that well. I went back to the gym for the first time in about a month and a half yesterday and was just sore as hell for my round. I had to swing totally different and just really couldn't swing. I just only had 1 double and kept my ball in play.

Very ho-hum.

Played San Jose Muni today. First time playing that course. Fairly straightforward course. A few fairway and greenside bunkers, but water doesn't really come into play except on a 150yd par 3, and even there you can easily get over it. All par 4s and par 5s play driver from the tee (no need to play short off the tee because of a dogleg, at least for me). I played the black tees rated 70.0/117 and scored 46/49 = 95.

I BROKE 100!! :joy::joy: First time on a par 72 course. I was driving great today. Distance was nothing to write home about, but I as driving very straight and consistent, hit 12/14 fairways. Short game was also decent. I still have issues with the mid irons and had a few shanks with those or I could have broken 90.

We played twilight and started at 3:45. My friends are all beginners so pace of play was not too great. It was 8:30 when we finished and too dark, but I told them this is my chance to break 100, so they decided to play the last two holes, a par 3 and a par 5, and we stood behind each other on every swing to keep track of the ball, and managed to finish without losing one.

I am very happy right now.

I managed a 6 over round at Lake Nona Country Club. I scrambled my arse off to shoot that number. Great course with wicked fast greens. I do believe Gmac was practicing on the range when I finished my round

That is awesome! Did you turn into a "fan-boy" and go take a picture or talk to him? I probably would have, he seems like a cool enough guy that I don't think he would have cared.

Worst 87 of my life; my iron play was terrible.

That is awesome! Did you turn into a "fan-boy" and go take a picture or talk to him? I probably would have, he seems like a cool enough guy that I don't think he would have cared.

I let him be, I bump into him quit a bit when he is in town, we frequent the same watering holes. I don't know him but we have shared some pints together. Good guy, fits right in...you'd never know he was a world class golfer if you walked in off the street.

Played 36 yesterday. Shot 98 first 18 and 94 second. Struggled off the tee but my iron play is the best its ever been.. I'm excited

I now tap while I talk

Played 18 yesterday with a buddy and two of his bowling friends that I had never met. Its cool though, I like playing with new people. I don't know about you guy's but I don't actually enjoy playing for money. Just the satisfaction of winning the hole/round is plenty for me. Anyway, we get to the first tee and they ask my buddy if we are playing for the normal skins ( dollar a hole ). I look at my buddy and he is like....oh yeah....and I'm like...huh? He tells me its cool, no big deal, and reluctantly I agree. Man the front nine I was nervous as 13 year old trying to steal his first kiss. Just couldn't shake em for some reason. We lost every hole on the front and I shot an horrid 46. Got it going on the back which is actually the harder side. Won 7 of the back 9 to get it back respectable. Shot 41 for an 87. It was only a couple of bucks but man does to change your mental approach to every shot.

Shot 43/38 81 I could not hit a drive to save my life on the front nine. My tempo was so bad I was playing army golf left right left right. Found it on the back and played much better. This game will driver you nuts but when you just flat out flush a shot it makes you feel soooooo good.

Shot another 77 today had a 40/37 I actually had a 75 heading into the 18th hole and putted out for a double bogey. Just played within myself today and just hit some big par putts when I needed to

78 yesterday. New personal best! 3 putted twice on the back and just chipped horribly. I know I can shoot 75 or so easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back