What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot an 89 today on a course with a 134 slope rating. Putted stellar (30 putts) but could not get off the tee to save my life. Need to work on the driver some this week but irons and short game are coming around nicely!

Well I have really been struggling with my swing lately. I was consistently shooting 39-41 every time I played 9 holes, and now its like every other week I completely lose my swing and I shoot between 50-65 on 9 holes! Today was a little better...went with a friend to his country club. Its a little tougher than my course but about the same length. Anyway...I couldn't hit a fairway to save my life on the front 9, but I scrambled really well. Still shot 42 mostly because of one triple I had. Started the back 9 driving a little better, but I kept leaving my approach shots within 100 yards short. Anyway, I went 42-43 today, which was my first full 18 I have played this year, usually I have just been going out for 9-hole rounds a few times a week. My swing is coming back around, but still so weird how inconsistent I have been!

76 @ Willow Lake. No douples or lost balls... not too shabby of a round.

On Saturday I went out and played with Yorkem, Yorkem's friend, and mdbuschsr and had a wonderful time! All three of these guys have a great game and were loads of fun to be around. My round however, wasn't the prettiest. Overall 102 (ouch) with probably at least 5 penalties. My iron's were just non-existent yesterday. I was digging up ground and thinning them and even got the dreaded sh*nks for a while.

Played today and played MUCH better. Was beasting the driver (11/14 fwy's, personal record) and averaging around 285 in length. Even drove a 328 yard par 4 (slight dogleg right with back wind). Also hit 8/18 GIR which is also a personal record. Went out with a 44 and came home with a 42 for 86, no birdies but nothing worse than a double. I also had an atrocious 41 putts UGH. What could have been if I had made a few putts...

That is my second round in the 80's, hopefully this is a continuing trend!

52/17 Started to rain on the first teebox, again...That pretty much blew it for me as it was a beautiful day till I paid my fees. Considering how little I cared after having to put rain gear on in the middle of June. 52 was darn good. Missed every fairway, Zero gir's, took 3 penalties. Still got two pars though. Started the back with a bird but it got dark.

Last edited:
Shot a 112 today. Got a little frustrating as i would hit a decent drive then just mess up on my short game!!! One of these days i'll put 2 and 2 together! and hopefully break 100!

Don't often post in this thread, but today set a couple milestones in my golf game:

First, I shot a 72 on a par 70 course, my career low and career low to par.

2nd, I shot a -1 on the front nine (back nine for me today, went off on 10).

Overall, hit my driver decent, and was just killing the mashies, setting myself up for wedges into greens. My Mizzie MP T-11s were just flat out performing for me today, putting balls, 8, 4 and 5 feet from the hole in three consecutive holes leading to 2 birdies.
There was some drama though for breaking par on 9 holes.... I was on the 9th (#1 handicap that side), which is a dogleg left with a water hazard in front of the green, where if I hit driver, I run through the fairway so I pulled M1. I tried to hit a draw around the corner, and overcooked it just a little, ending up in the left rough but with some tree trouble into the green. I was only 135 out, but I couldn't hit my wedge as it would go right into some foilage. I either had to punch out, or try and hit a low, 7 iron under the branches, hoping I got it over the hazard. I decided to go for it. Choked down, ball back in stance, and hit it exactly like I needed to... it landed just short of the green, hopped on and rolled to within 20 feet of the cup. Made my 2 putt and got out of there.

Overall, my game is really coming together. My short irons and wedges have just been money the last couple weeks!

Congrats G4L!! Great round

On Saturday I went out and played with Yorkem, Yorkem's friend, and mdbuschsr and had a wonderful time! All three of these guys have a great game and were loads of fun to be around. My round however, wasn't the prettiest. Overall 102 (ouch) with probably at least 5 penalties. My iron's were just non-existent yesterday. I was digging up ground and thinning them and even got the dreaded sh*nks for a while.

Played today and played MUCH better. Was beasting the driver (11/14 fwy's, personal record) and averaging around 285 in length. Even drove a 328 yard par 4 (slight dogleg right with back wind). Also hit 8/18 GIR which is also a personal record. Went out with a 44 and came home with a 42 for 86, no birdies but nothing worse than a double. I also had an atrocious 41 putts UGH. What could have been if I had made a few putts...

That is my second round in the 80's, hopefully this is a continuing trend!

Congrats Jeff!! I must have rubbed off on you with the putting :alien:

Lefty -- You continue to amaze me playing such solid golf so soon after having your knee replacement surgery! We had a guy take the Senior club championship todaywho has had both knees replaced.

The knee feels better than it has in years, what is amazing everyone (including the surgeon) is the speed of recovery. Congrats to the winner with both knees, looks like I may be in the same boat next year.

Was a tough weekend, shot 95 and 90. I just could not putt. The greens were slower and I could not get any feel out of the Dart putter. Going to change the weight on it to see if that helps. The rest of my game was decent, was just off a little but on direction. We'll see how I do tonight.

shot 106/93/99/92 this weekend

Not happy with the game at all, driving was awful and lead to a ton of penalty strokes (took 8 in that 99 round), chipping was off and on. Oh well still had a BLAST!

I played yesterday, Sunday, which I usually don't but my 12 yr. old son went to Chicago with his grandma and grandpa and my 6 yr. old daughter went to the other grand parents for the week and my wife went on a girls trip so I'm a Bachelor for the week which means golf, more golf and even more golf.

I hit 14 greens yesterday and finally broke the 70 mark with a 3 under 69. First time in over 4 years I broke 70 and it felt good. 7100 yard course and I missed a 5 footer on 8, 5 footer on 10 and two putts inside 10' for birdies as well but I will take it. I have been wondering when I would break 70 again if ever so it feels great.

Great round VT. Where near Greensboro do you usually play?

Congrats Jeff!! I must have rubbed off on you with the putting :alien:

It was awful, I was guaranteed at least a 2 putt on every hole. I had 2 4 putts!!! The only 1 putt I had the whole day was when I stuck a wedge to about 3 inches from 30 yards.

ridiculous score buddy....nice shooting!

Mashie fever...catch it!

Don't often post in this thread, but today set a couple milestones in my golf game:

First, I shot a 72 on a par 70 course, my career low and career low to par.

2nd, I shot a -1 on the front nine (back nine for me today, went off on 10).

Overall, hit my driver decent, and was just killing the mashies, setting myself up for wedges into greens. My Mizzie MP T-11s were just flat out performing for me today, putting balls, 8, 4 and 5 feet from the hole in three consecutive holes leading to 2 birdies.
There was some drama though for breaking par on 9 holes.... I was on the 9th (#1 handicap that side), which is a dogleg left with a water hazard in front of the green, where if I hit driver, I run through the fairway so I pulled M1. I tried to hit a draw around the corner, and overcooked it just a little, ending up in the left rough but with some tree trouble into the green. I was only 135 out, but I couldn't hit my wedge as it would go right into some foilage. I either had to punch out, or try and hit a low, 7 iron under the branches, hoping I got it over the hazard. I decided to go for it. Choked down, ball back in stance, and hit it exactly like I needed to... it landed just short of the green, hopped on and rolled to within 20 feet of the cup. Made my 2 putt and got out of there.

Overall, my game is really coming together. My short irons and wedges have just been money the last couple weeks!

Great round VT. Where near Greensboro do you usually play?

Butters35, we play out of Bryan Park...both the Players Course and the Championship Course. Both in great shape right now. Fun but challenging courses. Have you played them? What course in Mebane do you play out of?

I've played the Championship Course twice, really like it.

I play out of Mill Creek.

Butters35, we play out of Bryan Park...both the Players Course and the Championship Course. Both in great shape right now. Fun but challenging courses. Have you played them? What course in Mebane do you play out of?

I've played the Championship Course twice, really like it.

I play out of Mill Creek.

I have heard Mill Creek is a nice track. How's the condition so far this summer?

Conditions are good. They are having some issues with the new greens. Getting attacked by some disease but they are working through it seem to be making progress on them.

Snuck in 9 today after work. Shot a 44 3 pars 2 double and the rest were bogeys. Decent day driving, irons were spot on today best ball striking day for awhile.

43/42
7124 73.7/128 from the tips
lost 2 balls... one on 18 :sad:
only hit 5 greens today even tho i hit a ton of fw's
driving was okay... needed more distance since i played the back tees
couldnt work the ball as well today especially with the wind swirling
approach shots were awful even when i did hit greens
i only stuck 2 approach shots really close an still missed birdie putts
putting was horrendous... could not get the speed right at all
no birdies at all... too many missed par putts too
3 doubles didnt help either... one on #9 and one on #18

Not sure why I would advertise this, but the good with the bad I guess. Shot an 88 tonight, 43/45. I'm blaming this one on Chunkylover!!! Driver was ok, irons were pristeen for once, chipping was ok, but my putting simply sucked. 20/16 for a whooping 36, thanks buddy. Actually, I was in a funk heading out there and things went down hill from there. I hit a bucket of balls before I started and that had my irons on line, but I became programed rather than more of a feel player if that makes sence. Pretty odd day, but tomorrow is another day. ( My buddy said he's NEVER seen me miss so many putts and that I was due, lol).

44 !!

Had a long day working the cart barn with a scramble - lots of bag carrying, scrubbing, and well you know. Got done around four and checked the sheet and it was booked till 5. Not what I wanted to see. So, hit the range for 30 or so, hit 12 balls on grass and about 10 in the bunker. Waited, waited, and waited for something to open up on one of our three courses. I finally saw an opening on what say is the easier of the three, ditched the cart and decided to walk. Started off with a double bogey, another bogey, and finally found par. Played pretty well and worked on my 3H on a few holes and was pumped on the round. Got to number six - a par 5 I can get in on two and lost it. Finished with a double and was a bit down but an up and down par save on the following par 3 got me back into it.

On the last hole - a long par 4 - went 3H off the tee, was sitting around 160; tight pin/hole placement and hit it fat. Then I duffed my chip into the bunker and thought, 'what the hell?!'. However, I got out of the bunker and stuck it to about 6' and nailed the put. I was pretty damn stoked.

I certainly did some scrambling today but all in all it was the most solid round of the year.

Three FIR - a few of my drives were just off the fairway into the rough.
GIR - Only 2
15 Putts
10 Chips

So glad my short game has improved. I'm amazed how it has come around. I've been dedicating an hour or so to chipping and putting.

44 !!

Had a long day working the cart barn with a scramble - lots of bag carrying, scrubbing, and well you know. Got done around four and checked the sheet and it was booked till 5. Not what I wanted to see. So, hit the range for 30 or so, hit 12 balls on grass and about 10 in the bunker. Waited, waited, and waited for something to open up on one of our three courses. I finally saw an opening on what say is the easier of the three, ditched the cart and decided to walk. Started off with a double bogey, another bogey, and finally found par. Played pretty well and worked on my 3H on a few holes and was pumped on the round. Got to number six - a par 5 I can get in on two and lost it. Finished with a double and was a bit down but an up and down par save on the following par 3 got me back into it.

On the last hole - a long par 4 - went 3H off the tee, was sitting around 160; tight pin/hole placement and hit it fat. Then I duffed my chip into the bunker and thought, 'what the hell?!'. However, I got out of the bunker and stuck it to about 6' and nailed the put. I was pretty damn stoked.

I certainly did some scrambling today but all in all it was the most solid round of the year.

Three FIR - a few of my drives were just off the fairway into the rough.
GIR - Only 2
15 Putts
10 Chips

So glad my short game has improved. I'm amazed how it has come around. I've been dedicating an hour or so to chipping and putting.
I enjoyed the write-up. good read. I love ending on a high note.

Met a fellow THPer (Ryan555) Sunday for a spur of the moment 18 holes. I shot 46/48, not bad considering I struggled with the driver most of the day. Wasted some good approach shots by pulling the wrong club.

Had a great time with Ryan even though we had never met before. He's a member here though so I wasn't too worried. As luck would have it we pulled into the course at the exact same time. We both had our struggles, but both hit some great shots. Ryan had the best two shots of the day though, drove the green on a par 4 to about 6 feet, then just bombed a drive about 300 yards. All in all a great time out on a pleasantly cool June Sunday and look forward to playing with Ryan again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back