Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

Got my picks in. I went with 4 players. I just hope all my guys make the cut. otherwise I am screwed. I dont know if I picked the winner but I have a little confidence with all top 10.

That was my thinking too, we will know after round 1 if we stand a chance.

I almost could pick all my players out of that list. Srixon has some decent players playing these days!

Got a buddy who works for the Federal Reserve Bank, he was at the practice rounds yesterday following Phil and the big money match and he said Phil was playing great. Said he was actually scoring well. I said it before, but I think maybe 2 or 3 guys separate themselves from the field and we see some decent scores.

I hope not. I prefer my us open's around par or above. My personal preference is If I want low scores in a major, that's what the masters is for. These guys, baring crazy winds, are usually well under par at every tournament every week (the winning scores anyway), I like the us open has always prided itsself on par being a winning score. I wouldn't want every tournament or every major to be a struggle like that, but I like when right around par or above wins at the us open.

Heard a nugget about Phil's practice cash games. There is a local sports talk show here in the DC area that are broadcasting from Congo, They were walking around watching Phil play and overheard someone say he plays $15,000 a hole! I know he is a big gambler but thats a ton of cash a hole. Not sure how true this is but damn!

I will announce my 3 winning picks tomorrow morning :D

I was just checking out the course on the US Open web site and man does it look hard. I wonder if I could break a 110 on that thing in US Open conditions playing my best golf. Really makes one appreciate just how good the professionals are.

Heard a nugget about Phil's practice cash games. There is a local sports talk show here in the DC area that are broadcasting from Congo, They were walking around watching Phil play and overheard someone say he plays $15,000 a hole! I know he is a big gambler but thats a ton of cash a hole. Not sure how true this is but damn!

I will announce my 3 winning picks tomorrow morning :D

I'm not all that surprised or shocked. 15 k is walk around money to guys like him. I remember hearing whispers about guys like Tiger and Jordan betting 20k or more on a single putt, let alone hole....Doesn't Jordan have a private championship course of his own that he'll let people play for free, but they have to play him and take his absurd bets? I think John Smoltz told that story in a radio interview once.

I was just checking out the course on the US Open web site and man does it look hard. I wonder if I could break a 110 on that thing in US Open conditions playing my best golf. Really makes one appreciate just how good the professionals are.

No way I could from the tips, I would have to hit 3 shots to reach the majority of the par 4's and would have to lay up on some of the par threes. Being old ain't for sissies.

Team 9I is in it to win it!! Big thanks again to THP and Srixon for this sweet contest!! Good luck everyone!

No way I could from the tips, I would have to hit 3 shots to reach the majority of the par 4's and would have to lay up on some of the par threes. Being old ain't for sissies.

I was looking at the very nice landing area on the 233 yard par 3. I think 7 iron and a wedge would look very attractive me to on that hole. I would run to the next tee box with my bogey and a smile on my face.

I'm thinking the same thing. I only hit about 230ish, maybe 235-240ish off the tee, playing from the tips there's no chance i'd break 100 with those firm greens. Assuming I could even get to some of those par 4's in 2, i'd be hitting 3 iron/fairway metal into a green so hard and fast that you have to spin an 8 iron to get it to hold. no me gusta, no chance for me. Also someone mentioned the par 3's, good luck getting me to hold a green when i'm hitting driver in. Then When i'm finally on the putting surface, good luck to me on getting a two putt on greens reading about 14 on the stimpmeter. i'd stand no chance, but it would be fun as hell to try

Awesome contest. Thanks THP, entering now!

I'm thinking the same thing. I only hit about 230ish, maybe 235-240ish off the tee, playing from the tips there's no chance i'd break 100 with those firm greens. Assuming I could even get to some of those par 4's in 2, i'd be hitting 3 iron/fairway metal into a green so hard and fast that you have to spin an 8 iron to get it to hold. no me gusta, no chance for me. Also someone mentioned the par 3's, good luck getting me to hold a green when i'm hitting driver in. Then When i'm finally on the putting surface, good luck to me on getting a two putt on greens reading about 14 on the stimpmeter. i'd stand no chance, but it would be fun as hell to try

I heard this on GC last night... 14 WTF!?!?!?! What year and where was it not too long ago, they were hosing down the greens between 4somes because they were beyond stupid fast?

My course is lucky to be at a 10 or 11 at its fastest that I've heard them talking about and of course anything above that is just not manageable by me in the least. I don't know if my course has an actual Stimp though and that's just their best guesses either...

I think I'd be lucky to break 120 from the tips in those conditions. But I would LOVE to try! I think the distance will of course be hindrance but more so the rough as I wouldn't hit many fairways!

Yay! Another super-awesome contest. I'm entered. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU :thp: and :srixon: for making this possible. Love that the standard shaft is :miyazaki:.

I heard this on GC last night... 14 WTF!?!?!?! What year and where was it not too long ago, they were hosing down the greens between 4somes because they were beyond stupid fast?

My course is lucky to be at a 10 or 11 at its fastest that I've heard them talking about and of course anything above that is just not manageable by me in the least. I don't know if my course has an actual Stimp though and that's just their best guesses either...

I think I'd be lucky to break 120 from the tips in those conditions. But I would LOVE to try! I think the distance will of course be hindrance but more so the rough as I wouldn't hit many fairways!

I remember that, I know it was a Par 3 green and it was treacherous, can't remember the course or year though

I know that I am going to be glued to the golf for the next 4 days and I can't wait

My picks are in.

A BIG THANKS to SRIXON and THP!!!!!!!

They also said they have been mowing greens and fairways 3 times a day! If it doesn't rain here tonight or tomorrow its gonna be brutal. I freaking love the US Open...

I remember that, I know it was a Par 3 green and it was treacherous, can't remember the course or year though

I know that I am going to be glued to the golf for the next 4 days and I can't wait

It was answered in another thread regarding Shinnecock NY hosting the 2018. I thought it was Shinnecock but for some reason I thought that it was in Wisconsin or Minnesota... I was way off! So it was 2004 on like the 7th hole... DDEC was there the whole week.

That must've been CRAZY to watch. I just remember seeing so many players getting upset walking off that green.

Gotta love major time. Very excited to see this one get going tomorrow.

Gotta love major time. Very excited to see this one get going tomorrow.

It is major time!! Go Phil!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

ahhh tomorrow is the big day! I almost feel like im expecting a club or something im so excited lol, cant wait, to bad i cant watch this at work:banghead:

Just put my picks in, gonna be a great tournament, I really think this could be one of most wilder Opens in recent memory, would love to see an American win because it sure has been awhile!

Entered! Good luck everyone!

Just finished my picks. Good luck everyone!!!! hopefully you all made some good selections. After all I've been saying I did include Paul Casey. He is my ace in the hole.

Back