Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

It was difficult to make my picks with the world premier of the Golf Boys video on Live from, but I managed...that was too funny:clown:

Picks are finally in. Can't wait for Thursday to get here. There's gonna be some interesting golf this weekend. Anything could happen. Thanks again to THP and Srixon.

got my picks in! GL all!!!

Just sent my entry in finally after much deliberation. I think I picked the winner!

My team is in!

Look out - they're not all Euros!!!

Just saw it posted on twitter via pga.com that Congressional is reading 14.5 on the stimp meter. YIKES!!

My picks are in. Thanks to Srixon and THP for a great contest. These make the majors even more fun, and this is an awesome driver.

Got my entry in. Thanks again for the great contest!

Another great contest....one of these days, I am going to win something :banghead:

Anyone know if there will be streaming online coverage starting tomorrow? Can't find anything on pgatour.com or the majorchampionships website about it.

Edited to add: finally found my own answer - will be available here but not sure what time the coverage starts: http://www.usopen.com/en_US/index.html#!/live_video

Last edited:
Oh, that is a tough one. I think it will be close to par, maybe as low as 3 or 4 under but I am not expecting a -10 finish.

I also wonder, we the guy leading on Thursday/Friday be the guy to take it home on Sunday or will we see a collapse like we did last year with DJ or this year at the Masters with McIlroy?

GMac messed up my score estimating when he announce "no one will be under par". That statement also makes me think he won't play well this week.

Entry finally submitted. Can't wait for tomorrow. I think TV coverage starts at 10:00 on ESPN.

US Open starts tomorrow. Hope this thread is filled with tour talk. Makes tourneys so much fun to watch.

US Open starts tomorrow. Hope this thread is filled with tour talk. Makes tourneys so much fun to watch.

Heck, this thread is already as big or bigger than most regular stops! The Majors bring out so much banter.

Heck, this thread is already as big or bigger than most regular stops! The Majors bring out so much banter.

and so they should, this is my favorite tournament of the year, and I"m really looking forward to this one.

Got a buddy who works for the Federal Reserve Bank, he was at the practice rounds yesterday following Phil and the big money match and he said Phil was playing great. Said he was actually scoring well. I said it before, but I think maybe 2 or 3 guys separate themselves from the field and we see some decent scores.

wouldn't a team with 4 players have a better chance than a team with 3 players?

Numerically - yes. But when 2 of 4 have to come from a pre-defined list you may be better off choosing 3 of your own if you are confident in their game. Will be interesting to see what route gets the win.

WOW this is a tough field but it is open.....I went with 4 and 1 of the 2 is going to be a long shot but have proven themselves to be a winner at major championships :D

Can't wait for tomorrow, Coverage starts over here at 3pm and goes on till 12pm.

Hoping my 4 guys do me proud

wouldn't a team with 4 players have a better chance than a team with 3 players?

Numerically - yes. But when 2 of 4 have to come from a pre-defined list you may be better off choosing 3 of your own if you are confident in their game. Will be interesting to see what route gets the win.

Exactly. If you have to pick two from a list and two on your own, you might have left off the winner who you might have chosen if you had three of your own picks. Or the two from the list miss the cut.

Exactly. If you have to pick two from a list and two on your own, you might have left off the winner who you might have chosen if you had three of your own picks. Or the two from the list miss the cut.

Let's put it this way: if MAJ, GMac, and Toms all play like crap then a BUNCH of people do not stand a chance in this unless they correctly pick both the winner and runner up.

Got my picks in. I went with 4 players. I just hope all my guys make the cut. otherwise I am screwed. I dont know if I picked the winner but I have a little confidence with all top 10.

Back