Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

havent gotten to watch much

I have McIlroy, Yang and Garcia, am I doing pretty good?

J/K didnt get in on this one

Not a bad round from Lee Westwood today. Shooting a 68 and getting himself to +1 for the tourney. I'm proud of him.

Watching the replay - saw mickelson an rory both hit into the water on 18.

Then they spent time fishing their balls out. I mean they don't pay for balls- why would they care about a water ball?

They're still penalized the same- any ideas? I usually dont want my balls that seek out water haha they are dead to me..

There's no rule im missing is there?

Best I can figure is they were trying to find as close to the exact spot it went in as possible, since they kicked in from the side, as opposed to going in on the fly.

Best I can figure is they were trying to find as close to the exact spot it went in as possible, since they kicked in from the side, as opposed to going in on the fly.

Yeah, they were trying to see where the ball entered the hazard so they wouldn't be penalized another shot for incorrect drop.

TC you made a good point earlier about rory playing defensive. I don't disagree but to some extent why not? I'm not saying toss the driver out and start laying up but at the same time wouldn't it be wise to attempt to take trouble out of play? Of course he has been full throttle the past two days and hasn't been to unlucky, yet considering his past why tempt a few poor choices.

--
tapatalk

TC you made a good point earlier about rory playing defensive. I don't disagree but to some extent why not? I'm not saying toss the driver out and start laying up but at the same time wouldn't it be wise to attempt to take trouble out of play? Of course he has been full throttle the past two days and hasn't been to unlucky, yet considering his past why tempt a few poor choices.

--
tapatalk

I just think golf's harder when you're in protect mode. I've been there dude. Your swing gets all tensed up and when protect type shots don't work, it starts messing with you. I hope he comes out playing exactly the same way he has been. I'd love to see Rory win a Major, I think it would open up the flood gates for him.

I agree with both of you, I think he should put his foot on everyone's throat. Just trying to see it from the other side and playing devils advocate.

--
tapatalk

--
tapatalk

I remember someone talking about taking it easy. Like taking less club off of a hole just to be safe, if you mishit it your still in trouble and further away from the hole making the second shot even harder. If he plays safe and starts to faulter the field will catch him but if he keeps the hammer down perhaps he can stay ahead. I think playing defensive is what cost him the masters. He needs to play the same way all four days.

--
tapatalk

Just think back to some of your rounds where you look at the score and say "If I can just par (or bogey, or whatever) these last two holes, I'll have my best score ever." But then you start playing NOT to mess up and you miss your best score by 4 or 5 shots.

Just think back to some of your rounds where you look at the score and say "If I can just par (or bogey, or whatever) these last two holes, I'll have my best score ever." But then you start playing NOT to mess up and you miss your best score by 4 or 5 shots.

Oh I don't need to think to far back, I did that today :p

--
tapatalk

Oh I don't need to think to far back, I did that today :p

--
tapatalk

Hahaha. I never add my scores up until we are either in the parking lot or the clubhouse after the round. I've blown enough personal best rounds that I learned my lesson!

Except in Florida. I had JB add up my front nine because I knew I shot well and it was like 41 or 42. Then I went and shot 59 or 58 on the back to not break 100. Idiot move.

The course is getting a soaking right now. I wonder how tough the pins are going to be tomorrow to compensate for the extra moisture in the greens?

To bad I gotta work instead of watch :(

--
tapatalk

So much for those 14.5 stimps they were hoping for! The course has been pretty soft the last 2 days and only one person has been able to take advantage of it......so far!

So much for those 14.5 stimps they were hoping for! The course has been pretty soft the last 2 days and only one person has been able to take advantage of it......so far!

Mike Davis said earlier in the afternoon that they weren't going to dry out the greens for the weekend. With more rain I would assume those plans have changed

Sheew, I would hate to be that guy Monday morning. On another note, $60 to park? There's your crime.

--
tapatalk

PAYING the $60 for sure. Of course he'll keep charging it and raising it if someone is going to pay it!

I'm so interested in today's play! Can Rory keep it up? Can Phil or Lee get within striking distance? Can the Yanger make a big move? How awesome is it to see Sergio in a good position?

I'm so interested in today's play! Can Rory keep it up? Can Phil or Lee get within striking distance? Can the Yanger make a big move? How awesome is it to see Sergio in a good position?

Meh, there's no Tiger.

I think Rory will play well but I don't think we will see another 65 or 66 from him.

Phil wants to win (as they all do) but I could see him really getting aggressive (more so than he already has)....question is will it pay off?

YE - no idea what he is going to do. I could see a 6 under or a 2 over.

Sergio - been in this position several times this year. Can he make the putts on the weekend is the question.

I'm hoping for another good round by Rory. I do want to see some of the other guys shoot low to challenge him though. Could be some fireworks out there today. I have to wait till 7 for coverage to start over here :(

I'm hoping for another good round by Rory. I do want to see some of the other guys shoot low to challenge him though. Could be some fireworks out there today. I have to wait till 7 for coverage to start over here :(

At least you don't have to go to work all day! The forum will keep you posted buddy. I'm hoping to see a 64/65 out of Mr. Westwood today. He really played quite well yesterday.

Maybe Steve Williams is Tiger's problem. Adam Scott missed the cut too.

Back