Garage Simulator Crew

After a solid 2 hours of work the creation is complete.

The tolerance between the mats is sheer perfection.
IMG_5910.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5909.jpeg
    IMG_5909.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5906.jpeg
    IMG_5906.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5908.jpeg
    IMG_5908.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 19
After a solid 2 hours of work the creation is complete.

The tolerance between the mats is sheer perfection.
View attachment 9233322
I have a lot of thoughts for those that want to go this route. Otherwise I really love the end product just needs some finishing touches.

I have a lot of thoughts for those that want to go this route. Otherwise I really love the end product just needs some finishing touches.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on it when you get to that point.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on it when you get to that point.
So this could have been done so much easier if I realized that the plywood would be the main structural support.

In hind sight I would have had Lowe’s rip the 2x4 and the plywood so the cuts would actually be straight. I would have laid down the 2X4s then set the plywood on top and use 2 1/2” decking screws to tie it together.

Building the frame first and using a circular saw created a lot of work trying to true up everything. It also required the help of my dad and brother for this method.

I think I could make it to much tighter tolerances and only need a drill/driver for the decking screws.

Since my new swing changes aren't working with my woods yet, I decided to play 18 on E6 from the shortest tees. Longest club I could hit was 5 hybrid (4 iron distance) so I could focus on irons. Was fun. Will have to do that more often. Might play front tees on real course tomorrow!

This is for @ddec and anyone else interested in cutting a mat for a Softy hitting strip. I used contact adhesive to glue the velcro to the foam puzzle pieces and bottom of the mat to stop the mat from moving around.

I traced around the hitting strip on the bottom of the mat with a sharpie, cut that out then put the mat on the puzzle pieces and drew the cutout on that.

PXL_20231231_165651834.jpg

PXL_20231231_165800133.jpg

PXL_20231231_165808848.jpg

This is for @ddec and anyone else interested in cutting a mat for a Softy hitting strip. I used contact adhesive to glue the velcro to the foam puzzle pieces and bottom of the mat to stop the mat from moving around.

I traced around the hitting strip on the bottom of the mat with a sharpie, cut that out then put the mat on the puzzle pieces and drew the cutout on that.

View attachment 9233510

View attachment 9233511

View attachment 9233512
dude!!! That is so awesome. Thank you for posting this. Now I just hope a hitting strip ships in the 4 weeks that it says on the site!

dude!!! That is so awesome. Thank you for posting this. Now I just hope a hitting strip ships in the 4 weeks that it says on the site!
You are most welcome.

I played 36 today. Shot an 86 at Aviara , then lost the driver and shot 96 at The Belfry.

Finally got around to getting the TV and computer off rollers and mounted in the garage. Ignore the mess.
IMG_20231231_140159.jpg

You are most welcome.

I played 36 today. Shot an 86 at Aviara , then lost the driver and shot 96 at The Belfry.
I'm jealous. Once everything else gets together I'll work on a skytrak+.

View attachment 9233510

View attachment 9233511

View attachment 9233512
damn good job there

I'm jealous. Once everything else gets together I'll work on a skytrak+.
Can you wangle your way into the 24 Experience? 😬

I'd love to stick a peg in the ground with you.

Did a little DIY yesterday to help the Garage Sim Crew sign pop on the dark wall I have it on

1FBE48EE-B7A7-4ADA-AE51-52EEE527ECDC.jpeg

Can you wangle your way into the 24 Experience? 😬

I'd love to stick a peg in the ground with you.
I’d love to. Not sure the calendar works for me, but boy do I want to be there.

Love it when you are doing some lesson drill work and finish off with a few swings and the thing you have been drilling actually shows up! It’s so exciting.

I full swung a 3W. Still nervous about trying driver. But that’s 9ft of ball flight. Only one real hitting “channel”.

8’ clearance under the garage door opener for a movable impact screen…

IMG_8529.jpegIMG_8530.jpeg

Okay #GarageSimCrew members.
Help me here.
Who is part of this awesome thread and movement that is
A: A 2024 Albatross Club Member
B: Was not in the SkyTrak Experience in 2023
As of this morning things are changing in 2024!

Okay #GarageSimCrew members.
Help me here.
Who is part of this awesome thread and movement that is
A: A 2024 Albatross Club Member
B: Was not in the SkyTrak Experience in 2023
Clearly late to this post but….
🖐️

Back