Journey to Break 85

I agree 100%!!! What I like about the T2 is it is lower launch which I need. It is almost like they made the Attas for you and Dean, then the T2 for me. Cause we are all such buds.

Those T2's sure looks nice, don't they. If I didn't have the Kusala in my driver, it would be the original Attas. What an awesome shaft.

Those T2's sure looks nice, don't they. If I didn't have the Kusala in my driver, it would be the original Attas. What an awesome shaft.

I love this attas shaft! I discoveredit at demo day and bought one for the super tri, it's magnificent.

And yoccos, I too want graphite shafts in my irons.

I love this attas shaft! I discoveredit at demo day and bought one for the super tri, it's magnificent.

not to sidetrack here. But CG - you have the attas for the supertri and the Kai'li for the R11. You and I were both fit for the attas on the R11 head(i think) down at the outing. Which shaft do you think is better for your game?

I always think it's funny to see other people's names next to this thread. It's nice to have visitors. If we weren't Chromax brothers, we'd definitely be Attas brothers.

I think so my friend.

I always think it's funny to see other people's names next to this thread. It's nice to have visitors. If we weren't Chromax brothers, we'd definitely be Attas brothers.

I loved your writes up in your iron testing haha. I have to say I was a tad jealous! But great info.

I'd love to know this too.

not to sidetrack here. But CG - you have the attas for the supertri and the Kai'li for the R11. You and I were both fit for the attas on the R11 head(i think) down at the outing. Which shaft do you think is better for your game?

I sent a PM to CG. Hopefully he stops by to answer that question.

thats a tough question. The attas launches a little higher - and with the super tri im seeing really high ballflight.

The kai'li is supposed to me a low/mid launch shaft - but im seeing more like a mid/high flight in the R11.

I like the feel of the attas better - i just think its a much better shaft.

At the TMPL - the kai'li gave me the best flight/carry #'s out of all the shafts we hit (and it was ALOT).

I think being a made for shaft however, it has different characteristics than the retail KAI'LI would have.

With the Attas in the R11, I set the loft to 9.5 (same in the supertri) since the attas gets the ball up in the air, I also feel the attas kick better if that makes sense.
With the Kai'li in the R11, I set the loft to 10.5. I get a lower flight with the Kai'li but much more roll. So its a tricky question.

Would you want more height and carry with less roll?
or
Would you want a little less carry and more roll?

I think for accuracy's sake - the higher carry less roll is easier to plan shots - especially on a dogleg or a tight fairway.
But on a wide open par 5 - or if there is a downslope - you can get some crazy drives with a lower height kai'li

Im obviously gaming the Kai'li in August - so i have not put the attas through a good test - im focusing on dialing in the kai'li.

but FWIW - i loved the attas at PGA national - gamed it on sunday on the champ course and had my best round = 89.

i bought one a week upon my return. I think it is best in the r11 (lower spin) as i have started putting more power into my drives - the supertri was getting too much height.

So long post i know, i can talk and ramble a bit....
the attas is a great shaft if you need height and carry - but if you already have a pretty high ballflight - i dont suggest it, unless you can dial down the loft of the driver.

hows that fellas? hope it helped.

that's a great thorough response CG! Thanks a lot.

Follow up question: I thought the TM TP Shafts were the real deal and not made for?I thought they were the real deal just in the R11 graphics.

Good thoughts, Matt.

I personally like height and more carry because it's a more reliable way to get distance.

that's a great thorough response CG! Thanks a lot.

Follow up question: I thought the TM TP Shafts were the real deal and not made for?I thought they were the real deal just in the R11 graphics.

i have no idea; but the kai'li is supposed to be a low launching shaft - and i usually need help getting the ball high - so i think its a little diff? i really dont know however.

i have no idea; but the kai'li is supposed to be a low launching shaft - and i usually need help getting the ball high - so i think its a little diff? i really dont know however.

OK good stuff. Thanks a lot.

I think they actually are the "real" shafts.

Thank you for the write up CG. Really appreciate it. I'm so tempted right now to throw the Attas T2 in.

I really don't want to read through 48 pages today. Did Yoccos ever break 85?

Hahahahahaha.... I havent! Last round out I shot an 85. I was so close!

I really don't want to read through 48 pages today. Did Yoccos ever break 85?

I'm being so good right now.

Ugh.

Nothing worse than people.

Lol. Hey can we talk about how much I dislike the Tiger Woods that is "playing golf" right now? Why he is hindering any progress on my end?

Same here I guess. This is why I drink. I quit being good and start being real.

He's such a mediocre hack.

He really is right now. Why he is sticking to stack n cr@p I don't know. I don't care about how bad he is playing either. He needs to go ont eh nationwide tour.

But Hawk, please.. stop being nice!

He's such a mediocre hack.

He really is right now. Why he is sticking to stack n cr@p I don't know. I don't care about how bad he is playing either. He needs to go ont eh nationwide tour.

But Hawk, please.. stop being nice!

He should go there. Then the nationwide would be on TV all the time.

I'm going to try, but I'm very sleepy today. Maybe my range session will wake me up.

Hope so buddy! I just like having you around. Like Peas n Carrots.

He should go there. Then the nationwide would be on TV all the time.

I'm going to try, but I'm very sleepy today. Maybe my range session will wake me up.

Back