Srixon ZX MK II Irons

I have received my ZX4 MKII irons and so far I like them but I have only been able to hit them at the range. I ordered them with the Recoil Dart regular shafts (love these shafts) and had some of the lofts tweaked to try to get my distances where I want them.
I will order the 5 and 6 Iron once I figure out my distance with the 7 irons just in case need to have the 5 and 6 lofts tweaked.
My Order........Stock
7-30*......+1.5*....7-28.5*
8-34*......+1*.......8-33*
9-38*......=............9-38*
PW-43*...=..........PW-43*
A-48*......-1*.......A-49*
I was torn between the ZX4s and the ZX5 I hope I made the right decision going with the ZX4's, only time will tell.
I went back and forth between the ZX4s, ZX5s, and some kind of blended set. I ended up in the ZX4's and I had them weakened 1* across the set. The speed and forgiveness is fantastic. I got a higher launching shaft (KBS C Taper Lite) and I have been very pleased with the stopping power. I love my irons.

It does often for me, just not enough pop to get it out there on the lower flight. That’s why I like the ZX4 6 iron.
Is this calculated distance? Or hitting balls on the course and its roughly the same spot?

Is this calculated distance? Or hitting balls on the course and its roughly the same spot?
Just what I expect on the course. I am going to be around 140-145 with my 7 iron. I need a club that will easily clear 150 and land softly in the next slot in my bag and that's what I get with the ZX4.

The only thing I would say is at some point swing speed will give way to loft and even though the gap might be bigger a golfer may need the next club to get the gap. I go ZX5 7-P and they are all great but I have a ZX4 6 iron because a ZX5 6 iron would go the same distance as a ZX5 7 iron for me with just lower flight. I need the boost at that loft to get the next distance gap. Then I go to a 5H that is the same loft as the 6 iron but 1” longer and more pop and gets my next gap.

Also on my own note, this set of irons is just so good. I bought them myself and have been extremely satisfied with them. I am a golfer who could use a GI type iron but J really don’t like the lack of spin they have and these spin really nicely and have plenty of forgiveness especially on the toe where I live.
Definitely Toe forgiving. Was hitting OTT with my old Zings and would loose up 15yrds. The ZX5s the few times I Toe it, no longer OTT, I only Lose 5-7. I still remember Toeing the 5s 1st time and thought I was gonna be short and Bunker, nope, PIN high and right.

Hey guys. Anyone playing the ZX5 with a lighter graphite shaft? Something in the 60-70g range?
I had a chance to hit the ZX5 today with the Dart 65 Reg and it was pretty good.
Anyone try the KBS TGI 60 Reg shaft? I have never hit that one and wondered what it would play like compared to the Dart.

Hey guys. Anyone playing the ZX5 with a lighter graphite shaft? Something in the 60-70g range?
I had a chance to hit the ZX5 today with the Dart 65 Reg and it was pretty good.
Anyone try the KBS TGI 60 Reg shaft? I have never hit that one and wondered what it would play like compared to the Dart.
I think we might have had one or two guys in the Dart 75 at The Srixon Experience, but I can't recall anybody in the 65.

I think we might have had one or two guys in the Dart 75 at The Srixon Experience, but I can't recall anybody in the 65.
My ZX4's have the Recoil Dart 65 shafts and so far I love them.

sorry, I went completely the other way with Modus 120 S steel

I had a set of ZX5mkII with SteelFiber 60gr. I really couldn’t feel the club effectively through the swing. I reshafted with Nippon 950gh Neo with much better results. I’ve since traded those in to get another set of ZX5mkII with Recoil 95. Haven’t gotten to hit those yet because of a bad knee but I’m really looking forward to them, since I’ve had good luck with Recoils in that weight before.

I am in the market for some Srixon MKII's!
I need some help from the experts here, please.
I cannot decide between the ZX4 the ZX5 or a mixed set. I am leaning towards the ZX4's bent to a weaker loft because I would like to keep my 7 iron in the 160 range so as to not mess up the upper part of my bag.
So my questions are:
1-What benefits do the ZX5's have over the ZX4's from 8 iron down to approach wedge?
2- Would the ZX5's give me more consistent distances in the shorter irons?
3- If I had a ZX4 eight iron and a ZX5 eight iron that each had the exact same shaft and were bent to the exact same lofts, what difference would I see between these two clubs?
4- If the ZX4's offer more forgiveness, what do I gain by moving to the ZX5?

I have hit both clubs and like them both I also really like the looks and feel of both and do not have a preference in that department.

All responses are appreciated, thanks for your help.

I originally had a ZX4 5i, ZX5 6-9, ZX7 PW/AW. I had the lofts adjusted for consistent gapping. I wound up swapping the ZX4 for a ZX5. I am sure it was me but I couldn’t get consistent contact with the ZX4. I am good with the PW/AW but I don’t think I needed to do that. I could have been fine with ZX5 from 5i through AW.

I started with the Dart 75 but eventually swapped them for Recoil 95s. I could find the rhythm with the 75s on the range but I tended to get quick with them on the golf course.

Trying to remember to review your clubs after each round. Probably won't do that every round but want to keep updating this thread periodically for people.

I am still loving my ZX4 irons. I can't imagine changing these out of the bag. They will be in the bag for the long haul. They do everything I need an iron to do and money I spend should be on lessons and improving my game. My recent ronds have been in super wet conditions which is not usual for here. Irons have performed well for me. I am super confident relatively speaking anytime I am within 130. Directionally I am super confident where I am going at this point. My misses are definitely going to be distance and not left or right. And at this point I am missing long almost as often as I am short. This is good because I just kind of naturally club up because I am assuming a poor strike and was coming up short all the time.

Any high handicappers looking for a great looking iron that is easy to hit should definitely consider these.

Trying to remember to review your clubs after each round. Probably won't do that every round but want to keep updating this thread periodically for people.

I am still loving my ZX4 irons. I can't imagine changing these out of the bag. They will be in the bag for the long haul. They do everything I need an iron to do and money I spend should be on lessons and improving my game. My recent ronds have been in super wet conditions which is not usual for here. Irons have performed well for me. I am super confident relatively speaking anytime I am within 130. Directionally I am super confident where I am going at this point. My misses are definitely going to be distance and not left or right. And at this point I am missing long almost as often as I am short. This is good because I just kind of naturally club up because I am assuming a poor strike and was coming up short all the time.

Any high handicappers looking for a great looking iron that is easy to hit should definitely consider these.
I like that approach. I did that last year for awhile and it resulted in more GIR.

I had a set of ZX5mkII with SteelFiber 60gr. I really couldn’t feel the club effectively through the swing. I reshafted with Nippon 950gh Neo with much better results. I’ve since traded those in to get another set of ZX5mkII with Recoil 95. Haven’t gotten to hit those yet because of a bad knee but I’m really looking forward to them, since I’ve had good luck with Recoils in that weight before.
That's my setup, I really like them a lot. The weight is perfect, not too heavy but you can definitely feel the head load on the backswing.

Played my first round on Sunday with my new ZX4 mkII's, I was shocked at how forgiving they are on mis-hits. The ground was really soggy and my swing was not great after 3 months off for winter so I will keep posting as I work the rust off of my swing and start playing a little more.
I adjusted the lofts on these irons when I ordered them and I am getting about what I would expect for distance but the shortest to longest shot with each club is larger than I would like. I hope most of that is due to me trying to figure my swing out again

Those clubs go thru soggy or firm turf equally well! Enjoy them!

Those clubs go thru soggy or firm turf equally well! Enjoy them!
Been really soggy here. It’s been the literally hot knife through butter scenario. Kind of fun.

One good thing about it being soggy is when you are trying to figure out the carry distance for your new irons it is easy because when the ball hits it plugs and that is your distance....no roll.

I play the ZX5 with Recoil 760 Smacwrap F2 shafts. I love them. Great trajectory and consistent distances.

I am coming back after a 2+ year layoff (stubborn tendonitis in both elbows). Decided to start fresh as the last irons I had were Cleveland Halos (desperate attempt to keep playing while hurt), but prior to that had mk1 mix of ZX7-5-4 as well as previous HMP. I typically will spec out a 9i and buy that to test the waters. I refuse to hit off a mat again for fitting or anything else as that is part of what caused my elbow issues but I digress.

I previously was playing Recoil 95 F3 in the Srixons, and had SF i95R in some Pings. I know my swing is slowing (wrong side of 60) so I figured reg flex and maybe a bit lighter. My first choice would have probably been the Dart 75 F3 but Srixon only has the F4 version when you order direct so I rolled the dice with the Dart 65 F3. So far it seems workable - decent consistency considering I'm just starting to be able to do full swings without pain. The main thing I've found is as long as my tempo is fairly deliberate and I don't rush back down, it works quite well. If I get impatient then things get steep and squirrely. I'm willing to bet a bit heavier shaft would tame that a bit, but frankly I'd rather retrain my swing to be smooth and easy. I think that will be more sustainable down the road.

Last edited:
I was looking at these at the golf shop yesterday. If I was in the market for irons it would be one of these two.
You will not regret going with Srixon.

Back