I'm seeing more Srixon love on Pro Tours

If you’re someone who is looking for distance and forgiveness without wanting to playing a more tradition GI iron, you need to give the ZX5s a try
I do want those Black Chrome ones w/ the LE black shaft. Don't know how to approach this subject w/ the boss tho.

I do want those Black Chrome ones w/ the LE black shaft. Don't know how to approach this subject w/ the boss tho.
It’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission!

Truer words have not been said.
In all seriousness though the black look so good! If they were available lefty my choice may have been swayed

In all seriousness though the black look so good! If they were available lefty my choice may have been swayed
Having 3 sons who play buys me some leeway because I can hand down nicer stuff to the boys. My youngest is a lefty too so I have to buy him his stuff... he is getting a Paradym from CPO delivered today actually.

Having 3 sons who play buys me some leeway because I can hand down nicer stuff to the boys. My youngest is a lefty too so I have to buy him his stuff... he is getting a Paradym from CPO delivered today actually.
We lefty’s are left out far too often😂

My wife is NOT that gullible 😀 Not to put shame on your better half

My wife is NOT that gullible 😀 Not to put shame on your better half
:ROFLMAO: She's not... she just can't say no to anything for our boys. She knows it would be for me but they get something out of it too. I'm very lucky in that she has to be forced to spend $5 on herself but loves spoiling me & our boys.

Maybe, but not as fun. If I were looking at just improving my Score I'd remove my U85s... but. I'm back in the game to have fun now and hitting my U85 3-6 is just too much fun.
Personal opinions may apply. 😀
Yeah, I do not believe utility irons are what he is talking about although I will say the U85's do look spiffy, with exception of the top line.

I do want those Black Chrome ones w/ the LE black shaft.
They look SOOOO good. And the black KBS C Taper Lite is the cherry on top for me. Those shafts fit me very well. I wish I could justify the purchase. They are calling out to me.

Another thing I like about those irons is that "V" sole. I have the CBX2 wedges and the 50º has the "V" sole.

If I get new irons, I would go with this configuration:

ZX4 6-iron, 1º weak
ZX5 7-iron, standard
ZX7 8-AW, 1º strong
KBS Max 55 shaft

Another thing I like about those irons is that "V" sole. I have the CBX2 wedges and the 50º has the "V" sole.
Specifically what do you like about the V sole?

ZX4 6-iron, 1º weak
ZX5 7-iron, standard
ZX7 8-AW, 1º strong
KBS Max 55 shaft
Nice looking combo. Have you had a chance to try these irons out?

Nice looking combo. Have you had a chance to try these irons out?
No, that is next on my list. I have a set of CBX2 wedges that I really like, and they are rather similar, to a degree, with the MKII's.

Another reason I am thinking of going this route is I contacted Srixon and they are the only OEM I contacted who said they can get me close to a standard SW (my irons are +2-inches and the current SW is E3. When I played steel shafts the SW was E8) . Even the strongest players on Tour, e.g., Rory, DJ, have only a D6 SW.

No, that is next on my list. I have a set of CBX2 wedges that I really like, and they are rather similar, to a degree, with the MKII's.

Another reason I am thinking of going this route is I contacted Srixon and they are the only OEM I contacted who said they can get me close to a standard SW (my irons are +2-inches and the current SW is E3. When I played steel shafts the SW was E8) . Even the strongest players on Tour, e.g., Rory, DJ, have only a D6 SW.
Yikes. That is a ton of weight in the head. Very impactful n shaft flex/feel too I'm sure.

When I was in grade school, the nuns took care of any lefties, lol.
The USGA is probably the nun equivalent

Yikes. That is a ton of weight in the head. Very impactful n shaft flex/feel too I'm sure.
Yes, I would be curious to see how a reasonable SW would feel in a set of golf clubs. When I played steel shafts one instructor said that at E8 it was like I was swinging a sledge hammer, lol. The recommended SW for a senior is in the C8 range. I don't expect to get close to that, but I'd be happy with anything in the mid D's.

Specifically what do you like about the V sole?
The way it helps you cut through the turf is so amazing. It doesn't quite translate to the matt if you test indoors. But outside on grass it is so darn amazing.

ZX4 6-iron, 1º weak
ZX5 7-iron, standard
ZX7 8-AW, 1º strong
KBS Max 55 shaft
I love my combo set, it's amazing!

Back