TaylorMade Launches R11 Irons

Thanks for the info Taco. I'm hoping to see exactly what you are describing above. I have never hit irons as long as I do with the Burner 2.0s, but I have noticed some just absurdly long shots when you hit them just right...I would love to see a bit more consistency, both distance and directionally, out of the R11s. If they give me that, they can feel anyway they want to.

I am in full on r11 mode. Playing some sweet tracks this weekend. Pinnacle Sunday, one if the harder courses in central Ohio. And the the golf club of Dublin, another really sweet track, on Monday.

4 rounds in 48 hours. And then hope to be swinging the new sticks next week.

Thanks for the thoughts Taco. I have been saving all summer to get a set of R9 irons but stuff keeps setting me back. Right when I was about to pull the trigger on them about a month ago I ended up in the hospital, so there went that $. Now with the announcement of the R11 it has got me thinking about saving up even more for them, but it all comes down to how they compare to the R9 TP for me. I love the R9 Tp so much that is just what I compare everything to now, even the MC irons and the pro combos because those were the other two sets I was considering. It sounds like from your experience the R11 may not live up to the near perfectness of the R9s, but I'm definitely looking forward to hearing JBs thoughts

What, there not white? :devil:

Wonder if I should continue the tradition... Had r7's, r9's, 2.0's, seems logical to get R11's, right?

Wonder if I should continue the tradition... Had r7's, r9's, 2.0's, seems logical to get R11's, right?

of course its logical, dont wanna break that tradition hehe

THP contest and we are giving away a set of these. Check out the home page.

Can today be R11 day ?

:)

Can today be R11 day ?

:)

Patience grasshopper...go play your three rounds of golf today, and when you get back, maybe there will be a box, and maybe there won't :act-up:

Patience grasshopper...go play your three rounds of golf today, and when you get back, maybe there will be a box, and maybe there won't :act-up:

Haha strethching on the range as we speak

Does anyone know how they fit in with the CB and MB irons as they are obviously rather defined in what they offer?

I hit the R11 6 iron at golf galaxy yesterday and was not really all that impressed. It does look like they are trying to bridge the gap between the CB and the Burner 2.0. Both the Burner and CB felt great, but the R11 had a very lackluster performance. Maybe I just went in with higher expectations. I was consistently hitting the Burner 6i about 8-10 yds further on the simulator. When comparing the CB and R11, I was in the same range yardage wise, but I didn't like the feedback of the R11. Please bear in mind that I'm a high handicapper.

Does anyone know how they fit in with the CB and MB irons as they are obviously rather defined in what they offer?

They fit between the 2.0 and the CBs.

I hit the R11 6 iron at golf galaxy yesterday and was not really all that impressed. It does look like they are trying to bridge the gap between the CB and the Burner 2.0. Both the Burner and CB felt great, but the R11 had a very lackluster performance. Maybe I just went in with higher expectations. I was consistently hitting the Burner 6i about 8-10 yds further on the simulator. When comparing the CB and R11, I was in the same range yardage wise, but I didn't like the feedback of the R11. Please bear in mind that I'm a high handicapper.

Interesting,

This from the TM Tour Van this week.

We also showed each player the new R11 iron which launched earlier in the week. The player feedback was tremendous. A Consistent adjective used to describe the R11 iron was “soft”. Goosen specifically commented on how easy they were to hit and the nice high ball flight throughout the set. Yang was also very impressed. Through his interpreter he described how the sole entered and exited the turf so seamlessly. Yang inquired about playing the R11 iron and we told him we would build him a set. We then watched Sergio launch the 3 and 4 iron high and long into the back of the range at Firestone. He particularly liked the playability and ball flight of the R11 long irons. Overall, we had some great conversations and interactions with our players regarding the new R11 irons and are geared up for a big launch.

Oh you're killing me JB, I can't wait for these to get here.

The Yang'er would bag these. I love that guy. He's a Tiger slayer.

That's awesome that the tour pros are praising the R11's. I know there will be a hacker praising these irons pretty soon. Thanks for sharing that JB.

John Deere Tappin...

Thanks for the notes.

I'm pumped about the R11s becasue I want them to have the tighter dispersion of the CBs without the feedback of forged irons. Call me crazy, but I don't need to hit a tuning fork in order to know my swing wasn't perfect...ball flight and shape will show me that. If the club covers up some swing faults, all the better.

However, this is the exact reason that I'm glad they built a set between the Burner 2.0s and the TP CBs.

This is one iron that seems to be getting quite opposite reviews from different people. Some people seem to love it and praise it, others seems pretty underwhelmed. Haven't seen any review yet that seems to be on the edge of whether they like or not. Guess the only way to find out is to hit them myself! Hopefully I will get the chance soon. It is refreshing that the pros seem to really like them. I'm not really interested in what anyone else has to say besides the pro's because everyone else is just failed golfers and no one cares about their opinion.

I love the Yanger!

The Yang'er would bag these. I love that guy. He's a Tiger slayer.

That is fantastic feedback JB. I know its not about what the pro's play but hearing/seeing feedback from them helps at time. I really want to give these a go. I couldnt hit the R9's but I think it was more a fitting thing. Ill be on a cart when these come out to at least see what is going on with them.

Excited to see you hitting these on Saturday dude!

Thanks for the notes.

I'm pumped about the R11s becasue I want them to have the tighter dispersion of the CBs without the feedback of forged irons. Call me crazy, but I don't need to hit a tuning fork in order to know my swing wasn't perfect...ball flight and shape will show me that. If the club covers up some swing faults, all the better.

However, this is the exact reason that I'm glad they built a set between the Burner 2.0s and the TP CBs.

That's a good update from the tour van. I'm excited to see these next week.

Sergio workabilitying the R11's all over the range!

Sounds like the players are just as excited as we are for these sticks

Sergio workabilitying the R11's all over the range!

Sounds like the players are just as excited as we are for these sticks

Sergio needs forgiveness.

Back