What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot an ugly 90! Not a good day. My ball striking was off all the way around. 6 Pars and a lot of ugly holes.

I joined a threesome on Friday night and played a full round on Saturday with friends from work at Victoria Golf Course in Edmonton, AB. I'm doing well on the front nine, but not so much on the back nine. My guess is the beer had something to do with it! I shot a 52 on Friday and a 113 (51 and 62) on Saturday. My score on Saturday isn't that bad as I have been shooting between 110 and 120, but it would have been nice to played a bit better on the back nine after the 51 on the front.

87 2 GIR / 1- 4 putt 2-3 putts 6 fairways. Thanks for my 50* & 58* or I would of hit 100.

Shot my best round last week and beat that by 1 stroke today. Greens were the worst I have ever seen. They were rolled dirt that was aerated, literally no grass at all. I didn't know that because I booked the tee time through THP's tee time. They did give us a $10 discount but I know I lost at least 5 strokes due to the greens. Anyway I am happy that I know I could have been in the 70's if it wasn't for the greens.

Screenshot2011-08-07at125346PM.png

Shot my best round last week and beat that by 1 stroke today. Greens were the worst I have ever seen. They were rolled dirt that was aerated, literally no grass at all. I didn't know that because I booked the tee time through THP's tee time. They did give us a $10 discount but I know I lost at least 5 strokes due to the greens. Anyway I am happy that I know I could have been in the 70's if it wasn't for the greens.

Screenshot2011-08-07at125346PM.png

Congrats on your score Vince and great job :clapp:.

It sounds like quite a few shot some really good golf this weekend so well done guys!!!

Congrats on your score Vince and great job :clapp:.

It sounds like quite a few shot some really good golf this weekend so well done guys!!!

Thanks OG and yes, a bunch of great scores being carded. Great job to all.

I went out with some friends yesterday, 7th Aug my birthday (thanks for the e-mail THP), I had my best round of golf since I started playing regularly (18mths ago)
Par 69
Out 38, 1 birdie, 4 pars and 4 bogeys
In 39, 5 pars, 3 bogeys and 1 double
Think its time to join a golf club, instead of playing council/municipal, and get an official handicap

101 today but it was pouring rain and a new-to-me course so I don't feel too bad about it. :D

93 today, another ugly round, just couldnt get it going at all

An ugly 96 with 40 putts.

53 on the front 9, 51 on the back 9 and then a 45 on a replay of the back 9.

Way too many putts. :(

Played an alternate shot today with my dad for the second 18 of our member/member tournament. We shot a net 78 to go even par for the tournament. Only 2 strokes out of winning our flight, but man we sure left some strokes out there.

Not a huge fan of alt-shot.. Much prefer best ball!!

Good day of golf….just need to sort out my putting. Shot a 81 at Cordova Bay Bay Course (Canada). 11 for 14 fairways and 50% GIR…….the 38 putts killed me.

Shot a 92 on Saturday, had three 4-putts after hitting GIR. Seems like everytime i start hitting the ball well my putting suffers and visa versa. The day everything comes together its gonna be epic!

53 on the front 9, 51 on the back 9 and then a 45 on a replay of the back 9.

Way too many putts. :(

I hear you! Way too many 3 putts today. Front 9 51, Back 9 54

44 front 9

44 front 9

Last Thursday on my birthday 8/4/2011, shot a 44 front 9 on Presidents Golf Course in Quincy, MA. I didn't have time to play 18, but enjoyed one of the best courses I've played on!
hole6.jpg

I shot a 96 yesterday, first time really below 100. Since I missed a few 3 foot putts, I am pumped as I am confident I can repeat it and improve. The key for me was playing to a number, that saved me a lot of strokes.

84 yesterday. I keep feeling I'm right on the cusp of a breakthrough. My iron striking is much better lately and the putter is rolling true (they're just not going in :at-wits-end:). The problem was two-putting after a chip. Had 33 putts today + 12 chips = 45 strokes. To me it's the combination stat that is key. People talk about putts all the time, but if I'd had 33 putts yesterday and hit every green (no chips), I'd have shot 72 and be doing the dance of joy right now! :D

If I can get that combo stat down to 40 I can start breaking 80; so that's my plan/goal.

Since the BF was in FL visiting his family, our friend and I played a Jack and Jill tourney on Saturday....

Spoiler
...and we WON!!! We shot a combined 88 :clapp:

Scorecard from Saturday.

sc2z.jpg

Matched my lowest round ever yesterday with an 82! Super stoked. The swing change is starting to pay dividends for sure!

Matched my lowest round ever yesterday with an 82! Super stoked. The swing change is starting to pay dividends for sure!

Good to hear. I'm sure confidence keeps building with the unstoppable 8 as well. Break 80 before the summer yorkem.

I played in a scramble tourney on Friday.
We shot 23 under....and didn't win.

What I neglected to add to that was that since it was a fund raiser, you could buy these cheat cards for $20(all money went to Hospice).
The cheat card included 1 kick, 1 throw, 1 mulligan, and 1 foot of string to use to finish a putt.
So.....it really wasn't an honest scramble score.
But it was for fun and for charity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back