What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot 85 and my friend DawgDaddy came in with an 83. We had a good time as always and will be back at it again Wednesday morning on his course. I have got to get more consistent with my wedge shots around the green. DawgDaddy will tell you we have some tough greens to putt and chip into and today's pin placements were tournament tough.

I shot 85 and my friend DawgDaddy came in with an 83. We had a good time as always and will be back at it again Wednesday morning on his course. I have got to get more consistent with my wedge shots around the green. DawgDaddy will tell you we have some tough greens to putt and chip into and today's pin placements were tournament tough.

So then the ball hasn't made any difference scoring wise. Good to hear a good round OG

Good to hear. I'm sure confidence keeps building with the unstoppable 8 as well. Break 80 before the summer yorkem.

That would be awesome, but I would be really happy if I could make the low 80's consistently.

So then the ball hasn't made any difference scoring wise. Good to hear a good round OG

TC1 the ball would have make a difference if I was using the correct wedge today. I tried too many pitch and run shots with a PW instead of flying them closer to the hole with using my sand wedge. The UV:X3 balls work great around the green if you use the right club and technique. I was using the wrong club on too many shots and ended up running a good bit by the pin with a tough come back putt. It was my bad club selection and not the golf ball :golf3:

That would be awesome, but I would be really happy if I could make the low 80's consistently.

that's what happened to me. Kept shooting good 81s and 83s. I focused on more GIRs and that's exactly what happened. No doubles and more GIRs are the key it'll happen for you.

And OG I loved that ball. I lost it down in Florida and I loved them so much I will be getting more today. Can't wait to play them again.

Over the weekend I was 2-under through 8 holes on a course I had never played before. Thought it was going to be a great round and then.... BOOM. Triple Bogey on the ninth and then an absolutely terrible back 9. Ended up shooting 84. Sigh...

82 - 41-41. 4 stupid doubles - needed a bird on 18 to break 80 - took a 6......:angry:

that's what happened to me. Kept shooting good 81s and 83s. I focused on more GIRs and that's exactly what happened. No doubles and more GIRs are the key it'll happen for you.

And OG I loved that ball. I lost it down in Florida and I loved them so much I will be getting more today. Can't wait to play them again.

Keys for me...no lost balls or penalty strokes of any kind, and nothing over a 6 on the scorecard. I really can't wait to get back out there again, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

I shot a 96 yesterday, first time really below 100. Since I missed a few 3 foot putts, I am pumped as I am confident I can repeat it and improve. The key for me was playing to a number, that saved me a lot of strokes.

Nice going buddy, one milestone down so it is time to concentrate on the next.

Yep, the greens cleaned my clock today, 35 putts with three 3 putts, ugh. I always have a great time with OG and we both hit a few that we were really proud of. I used the Penta instead of my regular RX and man I may have found my ball, I am going to be receiving the blind test ball in a few days from mdbuschsr and will be able to give them a good comparison to both the RX and the Penta. I will put my thoughts about the Penta in the what ball did you play today thread. I hit 64% of the fairways and only missed one that was in the treeline
(#17) and hit 50% of the GIR, putting could have really made it a good day.
Those pins were in some all but impossible positions on some of the holes, it actually made it fun to me and I would like to play those placements again soon.

Played Pilgrim Oaks in Lancaster,PA today played the Blues 71.7/139 6320 yards. Shot a 42/39 for a 81. never played there before so i was happy with that score... a lot of the greens had tiers that i wish i would have known about before hand but the course was very nice. only had 1 double bogey on the first hole cause i had a 3 putt crushed the first one way past the hole. had 2 birdies on 2 of the par 5s and pared the other 2. the wind was pretty strong so i had to club up and club down quite a bit. that also cost me a few strokes. All in all i thought i played pretty well and had a great time.

Same course as Friday in harder conditions. Played solidly all round

stand2.png

92 on Black Bear in northern NJ. Lost strokes on some errant tee shots and easy putts, but the middle of the game felt good.

Didn't see any bears but did see a groundhog looking animal. Not as exciting but also not as scary! Wouldn't want a bear to scratch up my clubs.

Great rounds guys. Keep at it!

Over the weekend I was 2-under through 8 holes on a course I had never played before. Thought it was going to be a great round and then.... BOOM. Triple Bogey on the ninth and then an absolutely terrible back 9. Ended up shooting 84. Sigh...

Its still a good score. I know I beat myself up a bunch but great round.

82 - 41-41. 4 stupid doubles - needed a bird on 18 to break 80 - took a 6......:angry:

I know your pain, keep at it. 82 is a good round.

Nice shooting everyone! I played 54 holes over the weekend, I shot a 82-77 in my club championship (finished middle of the pack in my flight) and shot a 77 on a private course in town that I'm considering joining.

I shot a 92 and an 87 at Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix Arizona (6378 yd tees). 36 holes in the desert heat really take it out of you.

I shot a 92 and an 87 at Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix Arizona (6378 yd tees). 36 holes in the desert heat really take it out of you.

It's hot out there Redlyne! I don't think you could pay me to play 36 today (or most days in the summer for that matter)!!

tumblr_l5ta9onxam1qzbrhso1_500.jpg

"Jman's on fire!!!!"

Hehehe, I couldn't resist...

Two rounds today, two damn good rounds today...

Round 1:
  • 38 (+2)/40 (+4) = 78 (+6)
  • GIR's = 8
  • FWY's = 10/14
  • Putts = 30
  • 7 Bogey's
  • 11 Par's
  • 1 Birdie

Great way to start the day. Booming drives, hitting greens or at least the fringe most of the time. Putted well. Got up and down a couple ties from amazing spots. Obviously, with an empty course I decided to play again and see what happened having just tied my best round ever (set last week! lol).

Round 2:
  • 37 (+1)/40 (+4) = 77 (+5)
  • GIR's = 8
  • FWY's = 10/14
  • Putts = 29
  • 2 Double Bogey's
  • 4 Bogey's
  • 9 Par's
  • 3 Birdies

Played out of my mind through about the 14th hole when I came with the hook off the tee and had to take a penalty ending up with a hard fought double save and the same on the 15th where I actually hit the ball too well down the freaking middle and lost the ball, how the hell does that **** happen? Had one chip-in and 29 putts, with Darth-Huey, I'm going to be dangerous with this thing in time. Best round ever.

I'm dialed in off the tee right now and anything left for a 6i-PW shot is going to be on or damn close to the green. Most impressive for the day was my chipping and pitching though, my touch is finally getting dialed in and the Eye 2 XG LW makes it feel like stealing sometimes.

I played over 40 rounds in the 80's and about 15 on the brink that ended up right at 80, never thought I'd break it. Now in 4 1/2 rounds in the last week and a half I've broken 80 4 times...unreal. So happy right now.

Started off -2 thru 2, but then went double double....yeahh it was bad. Ended with an 86 and a near Ace on hole 2 (1 foot)

48 thru 9 today
hot crowded long round
2 triples was not helpful and 1 was on a par3
i keep telling myself im gonna put my driver in time out and just tee off with my irons but still havent done it
even had a tune up lesson but it hasnt sunk in yet... guess i need range time :sad:

48 thru 9 today
hot crowded long round
2 triples was not helpful and 1 was on a par3
i keep telling myself im gonna put my driver in time out and just tee off with my irons but still havent done it
even had a tune up lesson but it hasnt sunk in yet... guess i need range time :sad:

I hit 4 iron on par 4s twice today. It's a 200 yard club, and I stil bogeyed both due to crappy 2nd shots (one was a 9i one a 56*)

I hit 4 iron on par 4s twice today. It's a 200 yard club, and I stil bogeyed both due to crappy 2nd shots (one was a 9i one a 56*)

the only club thats really giving me fits is my driver and its frustrating having to make really long approach shots lol

It's hot out there Redlyne! I don't think you could pay me to play 36 today (or most days in the summer for that matter)!!

Haha yes it is. I made sure to fill my cup up with water at every 3rd hole. We played 36 because I'm cheap and they offered unlimited golf with our online booking, so it was way too hard to pass up. Legacy is a beautiful track.

Played another executive 9 after work and came out even at 29 for the first time this Summer. Yeah, it was was all par 3s and one short par five, but I'll take it. Second round with the new putter and I was draining them left and right from inside 10 feet.

76! Didn't play from the tips but was one of my better rounds in a while. Had the short stick working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back