PGA Championship [Spoilers] TaylorMade R11 Iron Contest

Sad to say but I have officially moved into the Tiger is done camp. He just looks broken beyond compare. Sure he is fine when things are going well. It seems like one bad thing happens and he just collapses.

I laugh when people on ESPN and such still say he's the best player out there because he's the only one they know in the field. What a joke.

I think he misses the cut too. They projected the cut to be +4 or +5, so he'll have to shoot at least a 68 if that is the case, and I don't think he has it in him.

Oh I think he has a 68 in him, but I don't think he can get it out right now, his confidence is shot. :golf3:

I'm pretty sure you are right, we aren't on the same page! You had mentioned something about me being +1 or something? And that's where I got confused!

Ah I found the key to this map.

I was referring to Dustin Johnson being +5 and said you have to be kidding me smalls (making a Sandlot reference here, not a reference to you). Then I said he was +1 going into the 12th hole, which was playing easy for everyone or so it seemed.

Ah I found the key to this map.

I was referring to Dustin Johnson being +5 and said you have to be kidding me smalls (making a Sandlot reference here, not a reference to you). Then I said he was +1 going into the 12th hole, which was playing easy for everyone or so it seemed.

Ahhhh! I was wondering why you mentioned me! hahaha

Sad to say but I have officially moved into the Tiger is done camp. He just looks broken beyond compare. Sure he is fine when things are going well. It seems like one bad thing happens and he just collapses.

That shot from the bunker showed me to be honest. It was a shot he may of pulled off back in 2000/early 2000s but now he's just not the same player. Why wouldn't he hit to the middle of the green. "Oh wait I'm tiger Woods I can do anything"

Ahhhh! I was wondering why you mentioned me! hahaha

Haha nah, I'm a big advocate of Sandlot references. I frequently judge women in comparison to Wendy Peppercorn.

Well she didn't back then. I don't judge Maryln Monroe based on what she looks like now.

Touche. Just felt like being part of the conversation.(classic movie btw)

Touche. Just felt like being part of the conversation.(classic movie btw)

Some Like It Hot? I agree. Also congratulations on the thread derailment. Couldn't have done it without you. :drinks:

What a great day for golf. I am really hoping they spend less time on someone who probably won't make the cut and start focusing on the great stories unfolding. Rory shooting even with a bad arm for 15 holes really brings the expression "I'll beat you with one arm tied behind my back" to life. Or what about Stricker shooting 7 under on a monster course and he's not even a big ball hitter. Heck there are many who didn't think the winner would be that far under after 4 days!

What a great day for golf. I am really hoping they spend less time on someone who probably won't make the cut and start focusing on the great stories unfolding. Rory shooting even with a bad arm for 15 holes really brings the expression "I'll beat you with one arm tied behind my back" to life. Or what about Stricker shooting 7 under on a monster course and he's not even a big ball hitter. Heck there are many who didn't think the winner would be that far under after 4 days!

Well, good luck. Since he's teeing off in the PM, you'll probably see every shot regardless. It will be news either way if he shoots lights out or has a lackluster round and misses the cut.

I will always like tiger...but right now his caddie is proving to be one of the biggest killers to his game.

Not making the cut might be the best thing that happens to him. He needs to play golf not practice on the range...a break would give him time to do that

Wait? You hope they spend MORE time on Rory? I'd be happy if I didn't even see him tomorrow.

I guess Degoins was not so sure about that 63 after all.

Last edited:
I guess Degoins was not so sure about that 63 after all.

Add 12 strokes to that score and then were talking. I think the Jack Daniels was talking last night.

Touche! Couldn't agree more.

I know it won't happen but I'd like to see the guys on the first two pages. I want to are phil, TW and Rory but I really want to watch some good golf from the the leaders. no more missed putts, no more failed return and no more wrist coverage. Just saying

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Strained tendon for Rory. Supposed to give it a try today according to Morning Drive.

I know it won't happen but I'd like to see the guys on the first two pages. I want to are phil, TW and Rory but I really want to watch some good golf from the the leaders. no more missed putts, no more failed return and no more wrist coverage. Just saying

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Dude, I'm actually kind of suprised with Phil this year, it just seems like he can't get things firing on all cylinders.

Do we have an I love Phil thread yet lol ?

Dude, I'm actually kind of suprised with Phil this year, it just seems like he can't get things firing on all cylinders.

On Sunday at the Open Championship he started off stellar and then melted on the back 9. Got himself into contention....

On Sunday at the Open Championship he started off stellar and then melted on the back 9. Got himself into contention....

It's kinda strange, almost like he's lost his fire a bit.

Does not have the rabid fans that others do (on a forum), but there are a few threads.
Phil has always been this way really though.
He does have a win this year.
He has a 2nd place
And 5 top 10s.

I think that is pretty much what Phil is now. 1-3 wins per year. Competes and makes things interesting like all top talent does.
And most importantly, on pace for over 20 events again which is more important than all of it.
Certain players need to play more tournaments even if they are out of their comfort zone...Its just good for the game.

Back