Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

Well no golf for me today, rain rain and more rain. Hopefully i can get out thursday and play if the weather is good, i planned on playing 9 today then hitting the range since i cant play tomorrow due to work. Hopefully next time i can get a video on the range of the sound, i like the sound allot. I only have a video camera on my Iphone though so it probably wont be the best quality but it works.

Well no golf for me today, rain rain and more rain. Hopefully i can get out thursday and play if the weather is good, i planned on playing 9 today then hitting the range since i cant play tomorrow due to work. Hopefully next time i can get a video on the range of the sound, i like the sound allot. I only have a video camera on my Iphone though so it probably wont be the best quality but it works.

Is it that sweet pingy sound? I had a older Callaway Heavenwood hybrid and that thing had a great sound when you nuted one.

Is it that sweet pingy sound? I had a older Callaway Heavenwood hybrid and that thing had a great sound when you nuted one.

yes it is, its not to loud or high pitched, it just sounds sweet

Heading home and get a text from my wife of a long 3 wood shaped package!

...just tap it in...

I wasnt going to do this yet but since its raining and i cant play im gonna throw up some pics of the heavy wood compared to my current fairway wood.

Here are some pics comparing my current 3 wood (910F) to the Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood. The head on the heavy wood is noticably smaller and shallower, the shaft is also shorter which is to be expected. I also noticed that the leading edge on my 910F is a bit more rounded when compared to the heavy wood so that might be a factor in me digging/chunking the 5 wood. Here are the pics.
BoccieriVs910F4.jpg

BoccieriVs910F3.jpg

BoccieriVs910F2.jpg

BoccieriVs910F.jpg

Here are some pics comparing my current 3 wood (910F) to the Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood. The head on the heavy wood is noticably smaller and shallower, the shaft is also shorter which is to be expected. I also noticed that the leading edge on my 910F is a bit more rounded when compared to the heavy wood so that might be a factor in me digging/chunking the 5 wood. Here are the pics.
BoccieriVs910F4.jpg

BoccieriVs910F3.jpg

BoccieriVs910F2.jpg

BoccieriVs910F.jpg

Great pics and comparisons!! I really wanted to see what it looked like next to a wood that I have seen.

Great pics and comparisons!! I really wanted to see what it looked like next to a wood that I have seen.

Thanks ghsace, I really like the look of the green alignment arrow on the Heavy Wood, it really stands out

Thanks ghsace, I really like the look of the green alignment arrow on the Heavy Wood, it really stands out

That was one of the first things I noticed. I really liked it too. Interesting how much more shallow the club head is also.

That was one of the first things I noticed. I really liked it too. Interesting how much more shallow the club head is also.

Its quite a bit shallower, let me get a couple more pics with a ball to give a better idea. I will get those up ASAP

Here ya go
910Ffaceball.jpg
Boccierifaceball.jpg

Good pics slap! er 10yd!

haha thanks BBB

Really good shot comparison of the face and the slope of the head. Very interesting. Thanks for putting those up again!!

Thanks phil, im itching to get back out and hit this

Really good shot comparison of the face and the slope of the head. Very interesting. Thanks for putting those up again!!

not a problem, there def is more curvature in the 910F vs the Heavy Wood

Ok, got my 3 Wood today. Made an unboxing video, but my iphone and youtube are not playing nice at the moment. Going to write up my initial thoughts and see if I can get the video to work as well.

Ok, got my 3 Wood today. Made an unboxing video, but my iphone and youtube are not playing nice at the moment. Going to write up my initial thoughts and see if I can get the video to work as well.
Congrats, looking forward to it!

congrats on getting it!

Ok, so my Boccieri 3 Heavy Wood arrived today, I made an unboxing video, but cant get youtube to cooperate with me at the moment.

I went with the Heavy 3 Wood 15*, Aldila Stiff shaft.

Initial Impressions: My first thought when I held this club was the heft that it had. I wouldnt define the feel as heavy by any means, but it has a solid feel to it. It is a beautiful club, I am really digging the black/green color going on throughout the club. As you have seen in previous posted pictures, as well as in this post, the green alignment aid is very noticeable. I like that.

Looks: Like I said, I love the look of this club. It reminds me of a "Classic" 3 Wood, not nearly as big as some of the 3 Woods on the Market today, just has that classic club look. Definitely much smaller than my Superfast 3 W, smaller face, smaller head. Also, a good bit shorter than what I am used to. The colors work, the head, shaft, and alignment aid being black/green really look nice. The bottom of the head has that classic look to, and really shines with the stainless, almost chrome look. I also really like the headcover, I know in the Heavy Driver thread, some werent to fond of it, but I like the extra long/zippered headcover.

Feel: This club does have a nice heft to it. It isnt a heavy feel at all, it just feels downright solid and balance. Very, very balanced. I took a minute and held the Heavy Wood in one hand, and the Superfast 3W in the other. While the Superfast was a bit unsteady in my hand, the Heavy Wood was practically motionless. Obviously, I attribute that to the weighting of the club. The only thing I could think when I was holding the club so steady without even trying is that it must feel great to swing.

This club is a good bit shorter than my current 3W, interested to see how that works out for me. I like the grip, it has a bit of thickness to it, not substantially more than what I am used to, but it is a bit thicker. Like I said at the beginning of the post, this reminds me of a fairway wood from years past, before the oversized heads became the norm and before OEM's started getting crazy with designs. It has a classic, clean look to it. I cant wait to hit this club, it feels very, very nice when holding it.

Will be on the range tomorrow, and then league tomorrow night. Will be able to follow up this post with my initial review after hitting it tomorrow!

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0388.JPG

DSC_0385.JPG

DSC_0384.JPG

DSC_0382.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0397.JPG

Notice the difference in shaft length.
DSC_0402.JPG

nice pics, good luck on the range tomorrow, im hoping to get back out tomorrow or thursday at latest

Ok, so my Boccieri 3 Heavy Wood arrived today, I made an unboxing video, but cant get youtube to cooperate with me at the moment.

I went with the Heavy 3 Wood 15*, Aldila Stiff shaft.

Initial Impressions: My first thought when I held this club was the heft that it had. I wouldnt define the feel as heavy by any means, but it has a solid feel to it. It is a beautiful club, I am really digging the black/green color going on throughout the club. As you have seen in previous posted pictures, as well as in this post, the green alignment aid is very noticeable. I like that.

Looks: Like I said, I love the look of this club. It reminds me of a "Classic" 3 Wood, not nearly as big as some of the 3 Woods on the Market today, just has that classic club look. Definitely much smaller than my Superfast 3 W, smaller face, smaller head. Also, a good bit shorter than what I am used to. The colors work, the head, shaft, and alignment aid being black/green really look nice. The bottom of the head has that classic look to, and really shines with the stainless, almost chrome look. I also really like the headcover, I know in the Heavy Driver thread, some werent to fond of it, but I like the extra long/zippered headcover.

Feel: This club does have a nice heft to it. It isnt a heavy feel at all, it just feels downright solid and balance. Very, very balanced. I took a minute and held the Heavy Wood in one hand, and the Superfast 3W in the other. While the Superfast was a bit unsteady in my hand, the Heavy Wood was practically motionless. Obviously, I attribute that to the weighting of the club. The only thing I could think when I was holding the club so steady without even trying is that it must feel great to swing.

This club is a good bit shorter than my current 3W, interested to see how that works out for me. I like the grip, it has a bit of thickness to it, not substantially more than what I am used to, but it is a bit thicker. Like I said at the beginning of the post, this reminds me of a fairway wood from years past, before the oversized heads became the norm and before OEM's started getting crazy with designs. It has a classic, clean look to it. I cant wait to hit this club, it feels very, very nice when holding it.

Will be on the range tomorrow, and then league tomorrow night. Will be able to follow up this post with my initial review after hitting it tomorrow!

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0388.JPG

DSC_0385.JPG

DSC_0384.JPG

DSC_0382.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0397.JPG

Notice the difference in shaft length.
DSC_0402.JPG

Nice WE, cant wait to hear what you think about it on course

Glad you got it War! Nice write up also, looking froward to reading your thoughts on it after you get to hit it.

Back