Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

Heading to the range for a small bucket before it gets dark, I didnt think I would make it their today:D This will be a dedicated Heavy Wood session, its the only club im taking.:banana:

Hey everybody I just got home and made a couple videos but they were very bad from it being so dim outside, I will make a couple more tomorrow when its still daylight out. I only hit a small bucket since it was late but I had a much better day with the Heavy Wood, the first 4-5 shots I hit were a bit fat but that was it. I actually moved the ball up in my stance a little and was trying to hit it more like a driver and this gave me a nice high straight to light fade ball flight that had very very consistent dispersion, I only had one ball go left on me and it was a pull not a hook. The way I was setting up with the ball more forward (about 2 balls inside my big left toe) i was getting much cleaner contact and not taking a divot at all, just grazing the grass. This range session really gave me some more confidence in the Heavy 5 Wood, after my last round I had lost a little but it's good to know it was just a swing issue(it usually is hehe). Another thing I wanted to touch on is the shaft, the Aldila NVS is a really good match for this fairway wood. Its producing a higher ball flight without ballooning that lands so soft, it gets up quick and flattens out and then has a steep drop back to the ground, pretty sure thats why it lands so soft because it looks like it's coming almost straight down, its hard to describe without seeing it with your own eyes, i cant repeat this enough though, its not ballooning even though it sounds like it does in words lol. Im still pretty surprised out how smooth this shaft is. Thats all for now but I will have more tomorrow with at least 1 video.

Unfortunately league was cancelled tonight due to the heavy amounts of rain we have had over the past week, but all the means was more time out on the range...

First, thanks again to THP and Boccieri for the testing opportunity.

Got out to the range this afternoon, decided to warm up and run through my irons real quick so I wasnt hitting the Heavy Wood cold. After hitting for a while, figured it was time to try out the Heavy 3 Wood.

Looks/Feel; Like I said in my initial thoughts post yesterday, the Heavy Wood has a very, very Classic fairway wood look. It's sleek, the black and green really look nice, and the green alignment aid against the black of the head makes lining it up very easy. Wasnt sure what to think about the shorter length than my current TM Superfast 3W, but figured I would find out soon enough. As I stated yesterday, the feel in hand this club has is nice, it's not "heavy" but has a nice heft to it, but very balanced and steady. Took some practice swings with the 3W, swinging this club had a nice tempo to it. Smooth swing, just had that feeling that an easy swing would do and the club would do the work.

Performance; Decided to start off hitting off the ground rather than a tee. I posted a few days ago, that I am usually hesitant to hit my 3W when I absolutely need a good shot, I will usually sacrifice distance and opt for the iron for a safe play. When I hit my current 3W well, I crush it, but unfortunately, more often than not, there is no telling where it is going to go. My first couple swings off the deck were about 3/4 swings, just nice and easy to get adjusted to the club. Didnt know what to expect, as me and fairway woods arent the best of friends. My 3/4 swing went just shy of the 200 yard marker, dead straight. Needless to say, I was pleased. Not only does the Heavy Wood have a classic look to it, it has that classic fairway wood feel and sound as well. When you hit the ball well, you know it, it feels smooth, and gives you a nice "TINK" sound at impact (no other way to describe the sound). After a few easier swings, decided to see if I could really get in to the ball. Typically when I do this, I slice it. Took my first swing, and topped the ball so bad that I thought it might have enough top spin to come back to me. At least it wasnt a slice... Gathered my thoughts, and readjusted myself, this time not trying to kill the ball, but just have a good swing with solid contact. I then had a couple nice, smooth swings, and was very impressed with the results. I was consistently hitting the ball a bit past the 200 marker. If the range wasnt so wet, I am sure there would have been some nice roll outs, giving me more distance. Even with the full on swing, the club felt very smooth during the swing, and great at impact when hitting the ball. I love the sound it gives when you hit this ball dead on center. Hitting off the deck gave me a nice ball flight, not overly high, but well above line drive.

Off the Tee: Teed it up, and again started with about a 3/4, smooth swing. Like the feel, and was impressed with the results I was getting. Had more distance off the tee, hitting consistently between the 225-250 markers. Again, if it wasnt so wet, the ball flight looks like it would give me a good bit of roll out for added distance. I like that. I like that A LOT. Ball flight off the tee was still a bit lower than what I am used to, but it had a nice flight, well above line drive. Really want the range to dry up so I am not hitting in to puddles so I can see what the roll is like when it lands. Im not here to say that I didnt have single slice or "power fade" at the range tonight, cause I did have a handful, but I expected that as I was really trying to see what I could do with the Heavy Wood. One thing I took notice of, was the ball flight. It was lower than what I am use to with my current 3W (but I do tend to "sky" it off the tee at times). This wasnt a bad thing, just a lower ball flight, but not too low by any means. I wish it wasnt so wet, because by the looks of the ball flight, it seems that this would give some nice roll out in the fairways.

Overall Thoughts: I know a few others questioned the durability of the shiny metal on the bottom of the head of the Heavy Wood, after hitting it for a good while, it wiped clean and looked brand new again. The face is much smaller than any 3W I have hit in recent memory, but that did not affect my ball striking at all. I really liked the distance I was seeing both off the ground and off the tee, although the ball flight seemed a bit lower, i liked it, and am interested to see what kind of roll-out I will get from it.

I enjoyed hitting the Heavy Wood, feels great in hand, and feels great when hitting the ball flush. Of course, it's easy to be a Driving Range Pro, but I look forward to putting this in play, which hopefully is tomorrow afternoon.

photo.JPG

Good stuff WE, I got done just in time as the storms are moving in. I just cleaned mine back up and the sole is still nice and shiny, a couple brush marks but that is to be expected on any club.

so I had time for a short trip to the range. Had 27 balls to hit, so I made the first 2 my practice. My focus on this trip was to hit the 3W from the tee on every shot to see how it performed.

My imaginery fairway was pretty simple, tree line on the right and a yardage flag on the left.

14 of the 25 shots would have hit the "fairway"
of the 11 misses, 10 were to the right and 1 was a NASTY hook out of nowwhere.

Had to eyeball the distances, but I would say it was an average of about 230 (guessing on some of the big slicers).

Had 2-3 carry at or slightly over the 250 marker. Was hitting them pretty high so I wasnt getting a ton of roll, but thats nothing new with my driver or 3W off of the tee.

My miss as stated was to the right, the real bad ones were reminisent of my driver, which has nothing to do with the club. I did have a few "pushes" to the right which I dont normally have with my previous 3W, not sure if its me battling the slightly open face, or something else.

All in all, I was much more satisfied with the club today then the limited on course shots I had taken previously. I club on the good ones I hit had a nice solid feel to it that I havent felt previously. Still working on finding the right tee height, etc to hopefully stop a few of the slightly balooning shots that I hit, but as long as they are straight, I could sometimes care less.

And finally I do like the club at address, specifically the alignment line which really sticks out compared to some other woods on the market.

Playing a few holes tomorrow, so will report back, the next range session I do have will be off of the ground only, which Ive been hitting real well as of late with my previous 3W

so I had time for a short trip to the range. Had 27 balls to hit, so I made the first 2 my practice. My focus on this trip was to hit the 3W from the tee on every shot to see how it performed.

My imaginery fairway was pretty simple, tree line on the right and a yardage flag on the left.

14 of the 25 shots would have hit the "fairway"
of the 11 misses, 10 were to the right and 1 was a NASTY hook out of nowwhere.

Had to eyeball the distances, but I would say it was an average of about 230 (guessing on some of the big slicers).

Had 2-3 carry at or slightly over the 250 marker. Was hitting them pretty high so I wasnt getting a ton of roll, but thats nothing new with my driver or 3W off of the tee.

My miss as stated was to the right, the real bad ones were reminisent of my driver, which has nothing to do with the club. I did have a few "pushes" to the right which I dont normally have with my previous 3W, not sure if its me battling the slightly open face, or something else.

All in all, I was much more satisfied with the club today then the limited on course shots I had taken previously. I club on the good ones I hit had a nice solid feel to it that I havent felt previously. Still working on finding the right tee height, etc to hopefully stop a few of the slightly balooning shots that I hit, but as long as they are straight, I could sometimes care less.

And finally I do like the club at address, specifically the alignment line which really sticks out compared to some other woods on the market.

Playing a few holes tomorrow, so will report back, the next range session I do have will be off of the ground only, which Ive been hitting real well as of late with my previous 3W

Nice job MD! Doesnt this club have such a great solid feel when struck well, i like it allot

How are you currently teeing it mike? Ive always teed my woods to where the head of the tee, is just above the ground. Have always felt that keeping it tee'd low has prevented a ballooning ball flight. I tend to "sky" my woods due to incorrect tee height a good bit. Have had good success with teeing the ball lower with my woods.

Nice job MD! Doesnt this club have such a great solid feel when struck well, i like it allot

Like I said earlier, when you hit the club well, you know it. It has a great sound when hit flush, and the weighting of the club is very smooth.

Ok i know I have been slacking but here are my pics of the unboxing and just some first impressions.
The box
001.jpg

The box opening knife
002.jpg

The Club!!
004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

I am really liking the feel of this club, just swinging it in the front yard. It does feel heavier than my previous 5 wood or any of my fairway woods. In my first post I said I might hit it while out at mens league, but I decided not to. I want to go out on the range and have a proper introduction with this club before we get to the serious part of the relationship. Believe me when I tell you that i REALLy wanted to hit this club yesterday but I wanted to start out slow and easy with this relationship. I am planning on getting out to the range and getting the first kiss with it then. I am really looking forward to see how it responds. I will also have some interesting measurments for you tomorrow on her.

Great updates guys! Glad to see all are enjoying the club, it does hit very nice. I'm going to see if can squeeze a round in before the weekend, or at least nine.

Man I wish there were places to try this bad boy out.

Man I wish there were places to try this bad boy out.

I've seen some heavy putters at Dicks, but never any of the other clubs made by Bocceiri. There's a lot of stuff I read about on reviews here that I have no way of trying before buying, but that's one thing that makes this site great, we can try all the new stuff vicariously.

Excellent feedback so far, guys. One thing I love about the hybrid is the sound at impact. It's also just so freaking consistent I can't believe it.

FWIW, the sole on the hybrid is still in good shape and I use that club all the time.

Nice read there WarEagle, 10YD and Mike. I too plan on hitting the range with only this club and a small bucket. Sometimes I warm up before a round, other times I'm tying my shoes at the first tee. I didn't get a chance to get this bad boy out yesterday but today is looking good. I'm supposed to have league play tonight, but back to school night is also somewhere in the mix... This weekend I'm going to try and get over to the nearby golfsmith and hit it on a monitor to compare...

Excellent feedback so far, guys. One thing I love about the hybrid is the sound at impact. It's also just so freaking consistent I can't believe it.

FWIW, the sole on the hybrid is still in good shape and I use that club all the time.

The sole on the 3w is holding up very well, only some very light marks from the range, and I think those are only because there's a lot of sand mixed in the grass there. If I put it to a buffing wheel with some jewelers rouge at this point, I'm pretty sure it would look brand new again.

Nice read there WarEagle, 10YD and Mike. I too plan on hitting the range with only this club and a small bucket. Sometimes I warm up before a round, other times I'm tying my shoes at the first tee. I didn't get a chance to get this bad boy out yesterday but today is looking good. I'm supposed to have league play tonight, but back to school night is also somewhere in the mix... This weekend I'm going to try and get over to the nearby golfsmith and hit it on a monitor to compare...

Interested to see how that turns out for you SS, both on the monitor, and in your league play. The more data and feedback we can provide, the better.

That's what I was talking about last night, the sound of 3W at impact is great. You can definitely hear a difference when you hit the ball on the sweet spot. If the hybrid sounds and feels anything like the 3W, I may be in the market for a new hybrid.

I know this isn't the thread for it, but that hybrid is money. I've used it to replace two hybrids in my bag because it's so predictable.

How are you currently teeing it mike? Ive always teed my woods to where the head of the tee, is just above the ground. Have always felt that keeping it tee'd low has prevented a ballooning ball flight. I tend to "sky" my woods due to incorrect tee height a good bit. Have had good success with teeing the ball lower with my woods.

I have it teed pretty low, or at least I think its low, from address looks like it is barely off of the ground.

I have it teed pretty low, or at least I think its low, from address looks like it is barely off of the ground.

Interesting. That's where I tee mine. Have you noticed similar results when hitting from the ground?

Interesting. That's where I tee mine. Have you noticed similar results when hitting from the ground?

not really with my old club and havent had to tehnace to use this in the fairway too much yet, next range session will be off of the ground and we will see what happens from there

I swear to God if it rains again this afternoon and the range is closed, I will go down the street to the park and hit this new 3w in the pouring rain.

It is like torture to have it standing in the corner of the living room, never been hit, just waiting for the weather to clear.....

Last edited:
Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood On Course Results 3

Boccieri Heavy 5 Wood On Course Results 3

Hey everybody i got out of work a little early today so instead of hitting the range I played 9, I ended up with a +2 37. I hit about 15-20 balls on the range before just to get warmed up and they were all with the Heavy 5 Wood, every shot was pure and straight, the sound and feel of this club is amazingly good. I told you all I was going to get a video and I did, only its from the course not the range :D. I hit the Heavy 5 Wood 3 times today and every shot was just how I wanted, here are the results.

Hole 5- Short dogleg left par 4 at 295 yards, I tee'd off with the Heavy Wood and was aiming down the left center of the fairway, I was doing this because my shot with the Heavy Wood is either straight of a slight fade, with driver and 3 wood I always aim down the right side playing my draw. I nutted this tee shot and actually put it past the dogleg which surprised the heck out of me, it was a good 220 yard 5 wood maybe a little longer, hit a wedge to about 15 foot (yuck) and 2 putted for par.

Hole 7- This is a slight dogleg right that is tree lined on the left and right side of the fairway. I pulled driver on this hole was trying to hit my high draw just over the right tree line and draw it back into the fairway, that is my normal tee shot on this hole, I cought it a little low on the face so it didnt get up enough and cought a tree, this left me right at 200 yards to the front out of the rough. My ball was sitting down a little so it had me worried, a baby fade was the perfect shot from my position and with any other club that would of had me worried since im a drawer/hooker with the long clubs besides the Heavy Wood:banana:
I hit it perfect, a high fade that landed front center green and left me a 10 footer for birdie, made the putt and that was the 2nd birdie of the day.

Hole 8- 200 Yard Par 3 with a back pin position today, I had a little breeze in my face as well. I have a video of my tee shot and the result so that is what you will be watching. I hit this shot perfect, it felt and looked so good in the air, straight as a arrow and i actually thought it had a chance of going in, to my surprise it was LONG, landed about 8 foot past the flag and rolled just onto the fringe. This was by far the best looking, feeling, and sounding shot of the day, I just over cooked it a little.

Overall im still very pleased with this fairway wood and I look forward to many more rounds with it. Enjoy the videos.

Ok im not sure why the second video is upside down but you get the idea lol.
Edit: Also if your wondering why i kept kicking my leg the bugs were horrible, something kept biting me as i didnt have my bug sprayer on.

Last edited:
I know this isn't the thread for it, but that hybrid is money. I've used it to replace two hybrids in my bag because it's so predictable.

I dont doubt it, thats what im seeing with the 5 wood so far, only that 1 bad time with it so far.

Back