TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

I have to say that I am very intrigued by the Spider, may have to try rolling some putts with one to see if I like it myself

looks great CG, cant wait to hear how you like the backweighting

Got the spider today- tore the grip off and put a midsize iomic with 4 wraps of tape under it on.

Cut 4 inches off

Added 2x 8 gram weights to the head

1x 100 gram opti-vibe weight to the shaft

1x 20 gram tour lock pro weight to cap it off

Love it! Perfect size; weighting is incredible and the head just aligns so well.

0eaa590b.jpg

Original 35" center shaft ghost spider

bfd7f911.jpg

With the grip off- and 4 inches removed from shaft

be6aba7b.jpg

Tape and iomic installed

35d38c50.jpg

Ready to install the weights

b43fac25.jpg

7ec45046.jpg

All finished and ready for the course!

looks good, love the "shop" setup you got

feel free to send the 880 my way lol

Great post Matt! You have me wanting to tinker with the weight in mine now. I love that vice/tape setup you have. Where did you find that? I think something similar would work well in my golf room.

John Deere Tappin...

Great post Matt! You have me wanting to tinker with the weight in mine now. I love that vice/tape setup you have. Where did you find that? I think something similar would work well in my golf room.

John Deere Tappin...

If I had somewhere to put that Id get one too. You can regrip your arse off with that setup.

Got the spider today- tore the grip off and put a midsize iomic with 4 wraps of tape under it on.

Cut 4 inches off

Added 2x 8 gram weights to the head

1x 100 gram opti-vibe weight to the shaft

1x 20 gram tour lock pro weight to cap it off

Love it! Perfect size; weighting is incredible and the head just aligns so well.

0eaa590b.jpg

Original 35" center shaft ghost spider

bfd7f911.jpg

With the grip off- and 4 inches removed from shaft

be6aba7b.jpg

Tape and iomic installed

35d38c50.jpg

Ready to install the weights

b43fac25.jpg

7ec45046.jpg

All finished and ready for the course!

:drool: CG you are totally speaking my language! :drool:

Love your setup CG. Love this putter even more.

If I had somewhere to put that Id get one too. You can regrip your arse off with that setup.

Exactly, it looks just like the one my local golf shop has. You could always put it in the living room. It might look nice right next to the couch. Just put a lamp on it when not in use, lol.

John Deere Tappin...

I am pondering! for sure! Maybe even a nice belly putter!

I guess I should have posted in this thread a while ago. I am loving my new putter! I feel like it is almost cheating. I am pondering a midsize grip too. I love the look of that white iomic.

Does Iomic make a belly putter grip???

They sure do and I happen to have one. Just send me your putter and it all will be taken care of...:alien:

Love the look of that Ghost CG. Interesting length on the putter, obviously it works, but any specific reason you like it to be shorter?

...just tap it in...

I find my best strokes were when my arms were hanging freely down, that usually had me gripping steel. So my last two putters have been 33, 32, and now 31.

31 feels the best, I can lean over my line, and just swing it like a pendulum. Ive been putting better than I ever have. Can't wait to game this this weekend.

John Deere Tappin...

Golf works it was $99. And it's a breeze too Regrip. Friggin love it.

Golf works it was $99. And it's a breeze too Regrip. Friggin love it.

Thanks for the info!

John Deere Tappin...

I guess I should have posted in this thread a while ago. I am loving my new putter! I feel like it is almost cheating. I am pondering a midsize grip too. I love the look of that white iomic.

I can't go back to anything but a ionic on my putter. Just tried an iomic driver grip too.

I used 4 wraps of tape under this midsize, and it took some squeezing to get it on, but I love the slightly larger size. It's in between an oversize and normal midsize. Perfect!

i rolled the corza ghost and the spider ghost last night at my local golfsmith and WOW...i love how the spider just lines everything up for you! I'm thinking about picking one up at a decent price now that labor day sales are in place. Thanks everyone for pics of your spider! I'm a believer!

Thanks to wcueb923 (several times over) I saw where he was following MattAdamsFol on twitter. They were giving away a Ghost putter on his show that he does on PGA Tour Network on SirusXM. I followed Matt and won a Ghost putter this morning!!!! TM is supposed to call me next week and custom make me one. I will go with TM-110 and see if they can weight it to 370g for me @ 34". I'm interested to see how it feels.

Thanks to wcueb923 (several times over) I saw where he was following MattAdamsFol on twitter. They were giving away a Ghost putter on his show that he does on PGA Tour Network on SirusXM. I followed Matt and won a Ghost putter this morning!!!! TM is supposed to call me next week and custom make me one. I will go with TM-110 and see if they can weight it to 370g for me @ 34". I'm interested to see how it feels.

Yea they definitely need more weight. They ought to be able too- if not you can buy a weight kit

thats pretty cool

congrats on your win.... had a great round today with my spider.. 30 putts 6 1 putts and i drained about 6 10-15 footers today really getting more and more confidence with this putter. ive never putted this well before. i still am thinking of trying the ping sydney to see how it compares to the ghost spider i just am having some issues spending $250 to try out another putter when im using the spider so well.

congrats on your win.... had a great round today with my spider.. 30 putts 6 1 putts and i drained about 6 10-15 footers today really getting more and more confidence with this putter. ive never putted this well before. i still am thinking of trying the ping sydney to see how it compares to the ghost spider i just am having some issues spending $250 to try out another putter when im using the spider so well.

why waist the 250 man, I know im not one to talk about buying stuff to try out but this putter is just money lol

Back