Callaway UPro MX GPS

yeah mine was 8/19, was hoping they dont take the full 6 weeks, but we will see

They finally sent me the package to send it back in. I guess I will drop it off with ups this evening.

John Deere Tappin...

Huge Huge Skim here but why did everybody send theirs back?

Huge Huge Skim here but why did everybody send theirs back?

Callaway issued a voluntary recall and offered a refund.

John Deere Tappin...

for the people waiting on the check I am going to say it probably will take the full 6 weeks seeing as how my gift card took the full 2 weeks but maybe you guys will be lucky.

mine still works okay

for the people waiting on the check I am going to say it probably will take the full 6 weeks seeing as how my gift card took the full 2 weeks but maybe you guys will be lucky.

yeah I figured they weren't in a hurry to part ways with the $$

I spent some time speaking with the folks at Callaway behind this device and I think those that stuck with it, are going to be pretty impressed with the final product. It always stinks getting that brand new product and having issues with it and I commend Callaway for handling it properly and offering what they did. For those that said "its working and I am going to wait for an update", I have a feeling you will be glad you did.

Based on the original info of the device, its fair to say that it was pretty darn impressive, but for some, failed to deliver. If it does deliver, I think they have a pretty big winner on their hands. If you have any questions overall, do not hesitate to ask. For those that have stuck with the device, when the update does roll out, I would very much love to hear your feedback on the GPS. If it works as advertised now, I want one and want one quickly.

Very interesting JB, I'm looking forward to hearing what people think of the new upgrades.

will be interesting to see what upgrades they make beyond what was already promised with the last one

thats great to hear JB. I had no problem with my device and enjoyed it but after purchasing it i just felt i wanted a Rangefinder instead so when the offer came i jumped on it and got me a callaway Rangefinder with my giftcard. Hope this device update makes it one of the top GPS on the market because it has all the features to become just that.

im glad i didnt have any issues and im pretty happy i still have it
ill definitely let everyone know how it goes when they update everything
is there any word on a possible timeline for this to happen?

Thanks for the info, JB. I still have mine and have been mostly happy with it, but as the deadline for the recall approaches, I've been wondering if I should return it anyway. The lack of any timeline for the "fixes" was making me nervous that support might end up collapsing and I'd never see the potential fulfilled. I now feel much better about "riding out the storm and awaiting the bright sunrise!"

It really is a fantastic idea.. In the end it was more the size that bothered me than the lack of functionality..

I really do expect this to be a beauty of a product by the time all the errors are resolved.

I spent some time speaking with the folks at Callaway behind this device and I think those that stuck with it, are going to be pretty impressed with the final product. It always stinks getting that brand new product and having issues with it and I commend Callaway for handling it properly and offering what they did. For those that said "its working and I am going to wait for an update", I have a feeling you will be glad you did.

Based on the original info of the device, its fair to say that it was pretty darn impressive, but for some, failed to deliver. If it does deliver, I think they have a pretty big winner on their hands. If you have any questions overall, do not hesitate to ask. For those that have stuck with the device, when the update does roll out, I would very much love to hear your feedback on the GPS. If it works as advertised now, I want one and want one quickly.

JB - Thank you for the update! I have not had a problem with mine & hopefully the unit will be as great as advertised with the updates roll-out.

JB - Thank you for the update! I have not had a problem with mine & hopefully the unit will be as great as advertised with the updates roll-out.

After hearing their excitement, Im excited. I look forward to continued feedback from people.

I have been following this thread for quite sometime with nothing to add until now. I sent my return package on Aug. 15th and got my check today. I will be buying another once the buggs are worked out but thought many of you were eager to hear about your checks.

I sent in one upro mx, one extra battery and a cart attachment. Going off MSRP I expected just under 300 bucks back. I only checked those three items on the return sheet..quite shocked when my refund check was 362.94. This is the breakdown of what they paid me for..

1 - upro adapter 19.79
2 - upro batteries 43.98
1 - upro mx GPS 218.90
1 - upro cable 19.79
1 - upro belt clip 21.99
1 - upro cart mount 38.49

As you can see Callaway was more than generous with the refund offer and even more generous with the payment. It looks like they paid me for the cable and battery that came with the GPS...Gotta give them credit on this one..

Appreciate the update Semo. Hopefully I'll get my check sometime soon. Fedex'd my return on 8.17.2011 and Callaway received my returned unit on 8.23.2011

Has anyone else started getting gift cards or checks?

I got my check right around week 5

Back