Callaway UPro MX GPS

I'm lucky I guess because my uPro MX is working pretty good. Only issue I have is batter staying power...but I have an extra battery from when I had my regular uPro. I think I will keep mine for now & I'm sure they will fix the problems soon enough.

I personally think that they shouldn't offer a refund directly through Callaway unless you have bought it through an authorized dealer or rep. There are reasons OEM's have authorized dealers and one of them is to make situations like this easier to deal with. Ebay or other options for less $ is always a risk, and this should be one instance where you have to return it to the seller if you don't have an authorized receipt.

Don't you think it is kind of taking advantage of the situation if you only paid $150 for it on ebay, and then Callaway is giving you well above what you paid? Callaway is taking a huge hit with all of the returns (and I applaud them for doing the right thing), it's just a shame that they are going to be taken advantage by some. Maybe they could have said "we will offer a refund based on your actual purchase price, receipt or other purchase information will be required to verify purchase price". I guess this is just one more reason that callaway is the best in the business when it comes to customer support/service.

My father got mine as a gift from ebay. It works most of the time but has the same freeze up and battery issues that seem common across the board. I am not trying to take advantage of Callaway but believe I should be able to return my unit the same as someone buying it in a store. I have asked Callaway for their input on this by email last week -- I have not heard back yet.

I personally think that they shouldn't offer a refund directly through Callaway unless you have bought it through an authorized dealer or rep. There are reasons OEM's have authorized dealers and one of them is to make situations like this easier to deal with. Ebay or other options for less $ is always a risk, and this should be one instance where you have to return it to the seller if you don't have an authorized receipt.

Don't you think it is kind of taking advantage of the situation if you only paid $150 for it on ebay, and then Callaway is giving you well above what you paid? Callaway is taking a huge hit with all of the returns (and I applaud them for doing the right thing), it's just a shame that they are going to be taken advantage by some. Maybe they could have said "we will offer a refund based on your actual purchase price, receipt or other purchase information will be required to verify purchase price". I guess this is just one more reason that callaway is the best in the business when it comes to customer support/service.

wonder how many callaway $300 gift cards end up on ebay soon?

Got my return package today and dropped everything off at the UPS store. Hopefully i will have my gift card in a little over 2 weeks.

Got my return package today and dropped everything off at the UPS store. Hopefully i will have my gift card in a little over 2 weeks.

requested my refund yesterday, using the cash to pay down my new iron purchase lol

I am thinking about it...I will probably wait for awhile. My golf guru joystick is broken and wondering how much it will cost to fix it. Decisions?

requested my refund yesterday, using the cash to pay down my new iron purchase lol

nice. I'm getting new irons not sure which ones yet if i like the razr x tours then ill use gift card on them if not then imma get one of their rangefinders. Bad thing is 2 of them are on back order hopefully the other one doesn't or ill be waiting for a while.

Update -- just checked my credit card, the $59.99 for the unlimited promode was refunded on Monday. Glad I got it before they ran out of money with all the returns:whew:

G'day mate, I've a similar problem just interested in how long you waited for your refund,thanks and best regards johnw.

G'day mate, I've a similar problem just interested in how long you waited for your refund,thanks and best regards johnw.

I originally contacted Callaway on June 28 or 29, and was told the $59.99 would be credited back to my card. The credit finally appeared on 8/1, so about 4 1/2 weeks waiting for the credit. I had called them the last week in July and they said it would be credited "soon." I don't know if that call in July made a difference -- if I hadn't made the follow up call, would I still be waiting? Don't know, but if it's been several weeks you might want to remind them.

Hope the refund comes through for you soon!

My father got mine as a gift from ebay. It works most of the time but has the same freeze up and battery issues that seem common across the board. I am not trying to take advantage of Callaway but believe I should be able to return my unit the same as someone buying it in a store. I have asked Callaway for their input on this by email last week -- I have not heard back yet.

I understand that the fact that you got it as a gift makes it difficult for you as the consumer, but from cally's standpoint it is pretty much the same as someone buying a club from ebay and then asking for warranty work on it. Of course they'd take care of it, but all the OEM's have wording in their warranty and support terms that require the items to be bought from authorized sellers.

I think it is great that you asked them directly about the situation, it's always good to be honest. I'm sure they'll take it back, being the great CS company that they are.

cheers for that mate,it has been 4weeks now so hopefully its not too faraway
I did send them a reminder
I'm pretty cranky about the whole deal really, bought the thing in june wasn't informed about the 25 free promode courses so paid the 60 bucks for the unlimited and they take the 60 bucks from my account twice,!!! but I think I've been lucky overall reading about some of the problems people have had, turn it on and it doesn't miss a beat,love It
once they get a few things sorted I think it'll be fine.
thanks again. johnw

I was going to hang on to mine and give it a shot, but with the great apps on android out there that I have recently tested, I don't see the point.
Hello gift card! Daddy wants a new backstryke.

I agree, lots of cheaper options out there with the same functionality as this one

I've been seeing these going like hotcakes on the Bay recently. Is Callaways still keeping up with any updates and GPS signal, or are they completley shutting this thing down?

I've been seeing these going like hotcakes on the Bay recently. Is Callaways still keeping up with any updates and GPS signal, or are they completley shutting this thing down?

probably people buying them for $150 and sending them back for a $210 refund

I was going to hang on to mine and give it a shot, but with the great apps on android out there that I have recently tested, I don't see the point.
Hello gift card! Daddy wants a new backstryke.

That's lots of great apps if your phone has a data package, along with that monthly fee. I have a BlackBerry through work w/data, and then a personal phone for which I don't pay the $30/month data fee. In my case, the $200 purchase price is much better value than a cheap app + $30 month.

However, I realize I'm in the minority these days (no data package).

Callaway claims they will continue to support the mx and that it will eventually be fully functional. I believe them, but it won't happen this year (or else they probably would have stuck it out without the recall). I expect they'll iron (most of) the bugs out during the offseason, and then rerelease next year (when it should have been done in the first place). However, you've got to admit they did manage to hook a few suckers with the early release (like me!).

Wow this has really become a train wreck. I went to get one but the screen was smaller than my phone I use now so I held off. Glad I did. It's a shame for Callaway because they really do produce great quality stuff. This one should have waited to roll out.

Last edited:
yeah i think mine is broke... the longest drive i had today was 209 according to the upro mx... i know i hit it at least 450 :wink:

I still have mine- used it at muirfield and OSU scarlet courses this week since skycaddie didn't have them mapped.

Been working fine, still can't beat the size this thing packs

got my mailer yesterday, so will send it back after this weekend...1 last go around today!

Mine arrived at Callaway on Wednesday and i chose the Gift Card. It states you will be emailed the Gift Card within 2 weeks so i will keep you guys updated when i receive it.

Man, I almost bought this thing twice! So glad I waited...sorry for all you guys that were early adopters.

Back