What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SW have you ever considered the Pelz method? I know it has done wonders for my short game:victory:

Tell me more. I started doing anything possible today to not have a <80 yd shot into the green.

--
tapatalk

Tell me more. I started doing anything possible today to not have a <80 yd shot into the green.

--
tapatalk

Basically he teaches that you move shoulders and legs together for a wedge swing. You go back 3 different distances. 7:30/9/10:30 and your follow through is always the same. This gives you 3 different distances with each wedge. For me that is 9 different shots inside 100 yards. It is a bit of a pain to learn but once you learn it you know it. The book itself is ridiculous in terms of reading it, but the section on learning the wedge swing is invaluable. I would offer to send you mine but I read it almost daily.:act-up:

Basically he teaches that you move shoulders and legs together for a wedge swing. You go back 3 different distances. 7:30/9/10:30 and your follow through is always the same. This gives you 3 different distances with each wedge. For me that is 9 different shots inside 100 yards. It is a bit of a pain to learn but once you learn it you know it. The book itself is ridiculous in terms of reading it, but the section on learning the wedge swing is invaluable. I would offer to send you mine but I read it almost daily.:act-up:

Haha no worries bud, I'll dig around on-line tomorrow while I'm stuck in the office. A few playing partners have used a similar method with regards to length of backswing, oddly enough they were good pretty wedge players :act-up:

Thanks!!

--
tapatalk

I struggled like crazy with those yardages too sw until I started doing what chunky is taking about. I even use my 9 iron. Today I shot an 84, 43/41. I left alot of shots out there and really need to work on my touch around the greens. I really want to break 80 again this summer and let another opportunity pass today.

Thanks due! Much easier than typing about a round on Tapatalk.

Played one of favorites today, mustang course at lely resort in Naples. Out in 47, back in 44. Had 3 dang 7's on the day, Grrr! 34 putts, so that's heading the right direction, hooray!

Having some issues with the 40-50 pitch shot, either I'm stopping on them or getting a little quick, not sure what it is. Nothing like being in perfect position, laying 1 on a par 4 and carding a 5 because you hit some poor wedges.

Put a little pressure on myself going into 17 since I saw what my round total was, needed par par to shoot my best round in a long while. Par'd 17 easily and worked for it on 18, managed to spin a wedge back...farther from the hole :( lagged it close and tapped in for par!

91 and happy!

--
tapatalk

I've not watched the Pelz method, but need to. This thread helped me quite a bit this week, might be worth checking out. Good luck!

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ng-after-one-youtube-video-from-Shawn-Clement

I shot a 91 yesterday and that was with 8 penalty strokes (I was hitting the driver straight, but too long and in unplayable spots) and 4 missed putts within 2 ft. My game is definitely improving, I just need to learn to put the driver down and hit a 3-wood or iron sometimes off the tee box.

Vince you hitting a TON of fairways thats great. Work on those irons and you could drop you score by 10-12 shots.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Yea, my last 4 rounds my iron play has been lost. I am striking great, just pulling everything bad. If not for my wedge play and putting it would be way worse. Whats funny is I have been consistently in the mid to low 80's, did not play for about 3 weeks due to work and it shows. Work slowed up now I can hit the range a few times a week again.

How are yall getting your golfshot score cards imported to here?

--
tapatalk

Your scorecard is emailed to you, I use a MAC so I just take a screen shot of the card, upload to photobucket and copy the image link, sign on here and paste. It really is very easy.

shot 74 today, hit everything solid apart from my driver which i hit everywhere. wedges where great even tho the grooves are a sharp as a spoon, need to replace them but just cant part with them.
putting was a bit ropey outside 25ft but got done in 2 everytime. All in all a solid round
38 and a 36

Came in at 103 yesterday but feeling good about it overall. Finally have a better idea what I am doing with my irons, and hitting them a lot better. The downside was I flew a few greens and that cost me strokes, but I should be in the mid 90s again in a couple weeks.

48/48 today. Made some changes to my grip (stronger) and started playing my driver again. Fairways hit was up 20 points to 35% but I missed 57% left and 7% right, which is the exact opposite of my usual. My new tendency to go left got me in trouble with a lot of penalties.

aefcb3bf-e893-c0a9.jpg

Hopefully I did this correctly.

--
tapatalk

Last edited:
Forgot to post this. Played an executive Thursday since I'm nursing a strained tendon in my wrist. Didn't putt well since it hurts so much but irons were right on target. Shot a 2 under 60.
a6cd0f38-ef0b-18ba.jpg

Forgot to post this. Played an executive Thursday since I'm nursing a strained tendon in my wrist. Didn't putt well since it hurts so much but irons were right on target. Shot a 2 under 60.
a6cd0f38-ef0b-18ba.jpg

Nice... still managing to shoot under par even with a hurt wrist. I couldn't shoot par even if I was in perfect condition... well, maybe on an exec. course.

Played 9 this morning on the way home from work. Got Invited to play with the 3 some in front of me of retirees, so I took them up on it. They were a fun group to play with. I played pretty poorly over all but did straighten out my driver. With the exception of one drive that found the fairway I was hitting long and straight but my aiming was to the right today, had one superb 5wd but everything else was not good. Hoping to get another round in the week sometime.

a6cd0f38-ef0b-18ba.jpg

I've got to be honest. It would be so weird playing a golf course that is par 60. I just have never played one nor ever seen one.

I've got to be honest. It would be so weird playing a golf course that is par 60. I just have never played one nor ever seen one.

It's amazing short iron practice. I usually go with only a few clubs and walk. I play it to really focus on GIRs and par 3s

50/46 - 96. 33 putts, only two 3 putts. Whoever did the pin placements must have been in a bad mood.

Last edited:
I finished with an 81 yesterday. My best round of the season and my best round on my home course (so far I hope)

Everything was working pretty well with the following exceptions; I sliced my tee shot O.B. on the par-5 11th hole...recovered well for a tap-in bogie though.
Also; 3-putted 4 holes. One of them was # 7, another par-5. I hit a great drive and then 3 hybrid 2nd shot and was on the green in 2 albeit with a 40-50ft. putt for eagle, then missed my second putt, (a 4-footer) for birdie but tapped-in for the par.
The worst; Lipped-out an easy 2-foot putt on both 9 and 13 because they were "easy" and I wasn't focused.
Without the putting errors, I would have broken 80 for the 1st time in my life. Still, a good day for me...looking forward to next weekend!

Link to my score.
http://clubsg.skygolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=5896397

shot a 78 today. I left a lot of birdies out there though.

shot a 90 at painted desert in vegas,lost 1 ball on the 17th off the tee,finished bogey, bogey, double,bogey to miss breaking 90

aefcb3bf-e893-c0a9.jpg

Hopefully I did this correctly.

--
tapatalk

As you already know judging by your edit comment, you didn't. :D

89. 41 on the front, 48 on the back. Need new golf shoes, blisters halfway through every round, can barely walk.

I finished with an 81 yesterday. My best round of the season and my best round on my home course (so far I hope)

Everything was working pretty well with the following exceptions; I sliced my tee shot O.B. on the par-5 11th hole...recovered well for a tap-in bogie though.
Also; 3-putted 4 holes. One of them was # 7, another par-5. I hit a great drive and then 3 hybrid 2nd shot and was on the green in 2 albeit with a 40-50ft. putt for eagle, then missed my second putt, (a 4-footer) for birdie but tapped-in for the par.
The worst; Lipped-out an easy 2-foot putt on both 9 and 13 because they were "easy" and I wasn't focused.
Without the putting errors, I would have broken 80 for the 1st time in my life. Still, a good day for me...looking forward to next weekend!

Link to my score.
http://clubsg.skygolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=5896397

The link will not let us in, it says it is a private account.

Horrid horrid round. Front 9 was atrocious. Finished 86- but only because I played the back well and putted well. Front 9 was as bad as I have played in the past 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back