Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was certainly not a terrible price. I just didn't have that money to spend at the time. Thinking of selling my Bettinardi now so I would have some coin for a shaft. New driver too? Razr Hawkage might be needed. How are you liking the Razr with the Radix?

Before my swing went south for the Winter I freakin loved it dude. Best combo for me Ive ever hit and I think those that saw me hit at the MC, besides my round with JB, would agree.

Chunky have you thought about an NV, say 65gr? You can get em on the cheap to experiment with.

--
tapatalk

I've played an NV in a hybrid and can't say that I loved it. It was a real high ball flight which is what I'm trying to get away from. :golf2:

Before my swing went south for the Winter I freakin loved it dude. Best combo for me Ive ever hit and I think those that saw me hit at the MC, besides my round with JB, would agree.

I might have to go Hawkage. I freakin loved it at the outing. Me and KB were smashing it on the range. :callaway:

I've played an NV in a hybrid and can't say that I loved it. It was a real high ball flight which is what I'm trying to get away from. :golf2:

Wow, ok. I put one in a 3 wood on a whim, can't get the effer 15' off the ground now.

I'm angry that this years cally line doesn't suit me. I feel like I'm missing out on something but I just can't hit them for some reason. I get big fades with both drivers.

--
tapatalk

I might have to go Hawkage. I freakin loved it at the outing. Me and KB were smashing it on the range. :callaway:

I think it would be a very good driver for you but looks like you already know that. Do you Ebay? Lots of good deals on there for Hawks.

Wow, ok. I put one in a 3 wood on a whim, can't get the effer 15' off the ground now.

I'm angry that this years cally line doesn't suit me. I feel like I'm missing out on something but I just can't hit them for some reason. I get big fades with both drivers.

--
tapatalk

I hear you dude. I read all the love for the TM equipment and I just have not gotten along with their new line. Different sticks for different folks. Just gotta find the one that works. The Hawk seemed to work for me. :cyclops:

I think it would be a very good driver for you but looks like you already know that. Do you Ebay? Lots of good deals on there for Hawks.

It's up on my other tab as I type :comp:

Since I got the Burner 2.0s, I have been trying to decide how to even my gaps back out with my wedges...

Think I am going to go with the Buner 2.0 A Wedge (50*), bend my current xFT 56* to a 55*, and Pick up a xFT 60*

pondering what equipment it would take to set up a golf station in my garage in order to install grips and change shafts out on my own.....

Since I got the Burner 2.0s, I have been trying to decide how to even my gaps back out with my wedges...

Think I am going to go with the Buner 2.0 A Wedge (50*), bend my current xFT 56* to a 55*, and Pick up a xFT 60*

Any thoughts to going with an XFT 54/58 combo? The A-wedge in my bag is also 50*, and the 54/58 combo works well with my yardage gaps. Also, I used to play a 60 degree wedge, but I can hit all of the shots around the greens with my 58 that I could with my 60 when I played it.

Any thoughts to going with an XFT 54/58 combo? The A-wedge in my bag is also 50*, and the 54/58 combo works well with my yardage gaps. Also, I used to play a 60 degree wedge, but I can hit all of the shots around the greens with my 58 that I could with my 60 when I played it.

I like this suggestion ary, I was thinking about something similar.

No longer pondering the SCOR wedges. Ordered the 52 & 57 this morning. Time to fix my wedge game.

Afraid I will be pondering (AKA ordering) the Huey after I have my spin with it. Good thing it will be closer to Christmas before I get it!

Hadnt thought of that setup. Currently I have a PW 45*, then jump to the 52*, 56*.

Getting the A wegdge would give me a 45*, 50*. I would much prefer a 58* over a 60*, and I do like the sound of the gaps of going with a 54/58 setup.

Agreed.

albeit with different clubs...I've got the same set up and like it a lot

I used to go 54/60, and just had too large of a yardage gap on full shots between the 2 clubs. I know that some people don't use their lob wedge for full shots, but I prefer to hit full shots instead of 1/2 shots or 3/4 shots, so full yardages are important to me. Now there's a nice 10-15 yard gap between the A-wedge and 54 as well as from the 54 to the 58.

I used to go 54/60, and just had too large of a yardage gap on full shots between the 2 clubs. I know that some people don't use their lob wedge for full shots, but I prefer to hit full shots instead of 1/2 shots or 3/4 shots, so full yardages are important to me. Now there's a nice 10-15 yard gap between the A-wedge and 54 as well as from the 54 to the 58.

I have never liked hitting full shots with a 60*, just not my thing. I would much prefer the 54/58 setup compared to my 52/56 setup now.

I'm pondering a belly putter now that TC mentioned it... HMMMMMMMMMM. I like breaking the spirit of the game

I'm pondering a belly putter now that TC mentioned it... HMMMMMMMMMM. I like breaking the spirit of the game

don't lie, it's because it was mentioned on BBM this morning

I am in the Superdeep pondering mode again. Hm....

If it works for you, why not. They seem to be going pretty cheap out there these days. I found it wicked unforgiving if you miss the sweet spot by even a hair though.

I ponder a Code 7 shaft. Has a great hinge feel much like the Kai'li but with a way better ball flight. I bet it would be boss in a 3 or 4W

See, I didnt find the forgiveness to be all that terrible. It didnt curve much on me when I was first trying it, and distance loss off of toe/heel is just that, distance loss. I have a 7C3 PX shaft that I want to throw in it.

11.5* head, almost 4* open.

At the same time, I am pondering a g10 head to throw the same shaft in it. I am all over the place as to what I want or where I want to be.

If it works for you, why not. They seem to be going pretty cheap out there these days. I found it wicked unforgiving if you miss the sweet spot by even a hair though.

I ponder a Code 7 shaft. Has a great hinge feel much like the Kai'li but with a way better ball flight. I bet it would be boss in a 3 or 4W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back