Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering two clubs to complete my bag:

910h in 19* with Kai'Li stiff shaft

Custom Ping vintage putter (new) at 33.5" and red dot for the lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, I didnt find the forgiveness to be all that terrible. It didnt curve much on me when I was first trying it, and distance loss off of toe/heel is just that, distance loss. I have a 7C3 PX shaft that I want to throw in it.

11.5* head, almost 4* open.

At the same time, I am pondering a g10 head to throw the same shaft in it. I am all over the place as to what I want or where I want to be.

Jeebus, 4 open? That's quite the turn over you got going there mate. Is that just to get the ball back to straight or are we talking a big looping draw?
And then a G10? I'd say that's a little bit of all over the place. Sadly I don't have my OG on or I would say something about a snake after a mongoose attack.

I'l also suprised 11.5 isn't too high for you. With your SS the ball would take off upwards like a rocket I would imagine.

I need to go putt an obysessy tour black 9.. im becoming a putter Ho

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

See, I didnt find the forgiveness to be all that terrible. It didnt curve much on me when I was first trying it, and distance loss off of toe/heel is just that, distance loss. I have a 7C3 PX shaft that I want to throw in it.

11.5* head, almost 4* open.

At the same time, I am pondering a g10 head to throw the same shaft in it. I am all over the place as to what I want or where I want to be.

11.5* head with 4* open setup sounds like a really interesting setup. The effective loft is around 9*, right? I guess someone wants to take the left side of the golf course out of play, sounds like how Vijay had his drivers set up a few years ago.

Any thoughts to going with an XFT 54/58 combo? The A-wedge in my bag is also 50*, and the 54/58 combo works well with my yardage gaps. Also, I used to play a 60 degree wedge, but I can hit all of the shots around the greens with my 58 that I could with my 60 when I played it.

+1. I love the 58* as compared to the 60*. All of the touch shots around the greens are just as easy and I have found shots from the fairway have been far easier for me with a 58*. :joy:

I am pondering a new iron set. I play my x18's well but I want a more workable iron. I plan on going to my local Edwin Watts and working my way around the racks tring them all or as many as the dude working will let me. I really want to wait till the cleveland blacks come out but if i find a set that works with my swing well im going with them.

I am pondering a new iron set. I play my x18's well but I want a more workable iron. I plan on going to my local Edwin Watts and working my way around the racks tring them all or as many as the dude working will let me. I really want to wait till the cleveland blacks come out but if i find a set that works with my swing well im going with them.

RXT's!!:callaway::bomb:

I'm pondering a belly putter now that TC mentioned it... HMMMMMMMMMM. I like breaking the spirit of the game

Me, too! For real though! haha

RXT's!!:callaway::bomb:
If I hit them well they will find there way into my bag. My x18's are not fitted so im going through the whole process to get the right clubs for me.

If I hit them well they will find there way into my bag. My x18's are not fitted so im going through the whole process to get the right clubs for me.

That my friend is a great idea. Best thing you can do. I always have a preconceived notion of what I want.:bad:

A friend of mine just got the RXT's. I hit them a few times this weekend. They are frickin sweet. I love my irons, but am already itching for something new.

Are you still coming to the outing this weekend? I just went through the same process and ended up switching out my x18's for a new set of R11's. I SHOULD have them in time for the outing, all though I'll have no clue on my distances.

I'm pondering a 3 or 4 wood, and new wedges. I am heavily considering just grabbing a couple more TW9's, but in 54/58. I also have my eyes set on the Eidolon wedges. 135 for 2 of them is a great deal. I'm still pretty open to all ideas right now though.

anyone know what it might cost to take a 33" putter to a belly? (43-44")

anyone know what it might cost to take a 33" putter to a belly? (43-44")

I think blugold just did it for about $20 on one of his Seemore's

I think blugold just did it for about $20 on one of his Seemore's

He added an extension to his standard shaft, I am talking a full blown shaft change....

He added an extension to his standard shaft, I am talking a full blown shaft change....

Seeing as I just ordered the stuff...

Shaft 10.99
Grip 16.00
Lead tape (high density) 7.99

Labor, for me, is free. That's where the catch is. You can get the goods of GS cheap with 15% and free shipping, it's all about if you install or someone else.

I need to go putt an obysessy tour black 9.. im becoming a putter Ho

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Nah, you're just flirting with the outer regions of putter ho'dom. LOL

Seeing as I just ordered the stuff...

Shaft 10.99
Grip 16.00
Lead tape (high density) 7.99

Labor, for me, is free. That's where the catch is. You can get the goods of GS cheap with 15% and free shipping, it's all about if you install or someone else.

What shaft and grip did you get?

220g heavy stepless belly shaft

Grip was actually from elsewhere as GS only had 17" grips at the time and this is a 21" red and black Winn. Cheap little project IMO.

If you do it remember the added length will change the feel of the headweight. I figure I'll add 30g to my Lajosi LPS1 and adjust from there.

Fun trial run, much safer than just ordering a Lajosi or Mills belly putter like my knee jerk reaction was...plus I won't be killed in my sleep this way, I gotta lay off till christmas LOL

Any thoughts to going with an XFT 54/58 combo? The A-wedge in my bag is also 50*, and the 54/58 combo works well with my yardage gaps. Also, I used to play a 60 degree wedge, but I can hit all of the shots around the greens with my 58 that I could with my 60 when I played it.

I have the XFT's in 50/54/58. Gaps are filled and bounces are balanced (low/mid-high/low) for versatility. I will have this setup for years to come.

If you want a go with the RXT's, I'll have them with me this Saturday.

220g heavy stepless belly shaft

Grip was actually from elsewhere as GS only had 17" grips at the time and this is a 21" red and black Winn. Cheap little project IMO.

If you do it remember the added length will change the feel of the headweight. I figure I'll add 30g to my Lajosi LPS1 and adjust from there.

Fun trial run, much safer than just ordering a Lajosi or Mills belly putter like my knee jerk reaction was...plus I won't be killed in my sleep this way, I gotta lay off till christmas LOL

Who do I need to contact at Mills JMan?

Not at all man. I could close it up with the FCT, we'll see. I havent bought it yet, but I am eying it down.

SD is a spin killer, so I think I need an 11.5 to get the ball up. Im not pondering the open face to fix something, but I am sure I can get used to it easily.

Jeebus, 4 open? That's quite the turn over you got going there mate. Is that just to get the ball back to straight or are we talking a big looping draw?
And then a G10? I'd say that's a little bit of all over the place. Sadly I don't have my OG on or I would say something about a snake after a mongoose attack.

I'l also suprised 11.5 isn't too high for you. With your SS the ball would take off upwards like a rocket I would imagine.

I was at Golf Galaxy today, wanted to ponder and roll the new ping putters and the didn't have any of them out! Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back