Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

Right on. Maybe we can work something out with heads only or a trade or something. Tour 90's might be awesome in the Redlines if get those.
Really looking forward to following along this weekend.

Thanks man! I'll be putting my ungly mug on the live camera plenty on Friday. I'll be giving the RXT's plenty of love too.

Picked up my new RXT's a few weeks ago and have had a few games since - i have been playing awful to be honest but the clubs are great!!!

They are easily half a club longer and they feel awesome when struck out the middle. They don't feel great to me when mishit (but which clubs do?), but they are incredibly forgiving and mishits still fly a quality distance. I actually think they feel like a forged club when you strike one true! they also look forged at address, i think mainly due to the non shiny face finish.

Personally i dont think any set of irons can make you hit say 20 yards further per club, and it's all down to the correct shaft etc, but these are definitely on the long side! I am really pleased with the purchase as they are a great looking club (everyone who has seen them in the bag loves them too), they feel awesome, go as long as any iron can do i think and they are very very forgiving.) i dont think any other irons can tick so many boxes! Oh and i especially love the short irons, not something i was expecting from a callaway iron ( i have never used Callaway Before!!!).

very pleased :)

Nice write up Joel! I think you hit the nail on the head when describing the looks and feel (forged). I know that setho and I have discussed that very thing together. They really are some sleepers. In fact, I think the Morgan Cup record of the RXT's overall was: 3 - 3 - 4.5

Not too shabby. The irons performed great in Florida. I was very impressed and I really did play the Par 3's well. I damn near jarred a couple of flags on some par 3's so that's always cool.

Nice write up Joel! I think you hit the nail on the head when describing the looks and feel (forged). I know that setho and I have discussed that very thing together. They really are some sleepers. In fact, I think the Morgan Cup record of the RXT's overall was: 3 - 3 - 4.5

Not too shabby. The irons performed great in Florida. I was very impressed and I really did play the Par 3's well. I damn near jarred a couple of flags on some par 3's so that's always cool.

I honestly think it's as simple as that too chunky!

right now im playing the x22 tour irons, im drawing the ball, and want to get more straight, would you till recommend the razr x tour model, or go with the regular model?

right now im playing the x22 tour irons, im drawing the ball, and want to get more straight, would you till recommend the razr x tour model, or go with the regular model?

I've never hit the X22 Tours ulle. I don't draw the RXT's though either. I love the irons, I think they offer the perfect blend of everything.

I've never hit the X22 Tours ulle. I don't draw the RXT's though either. I love the irons, I think they offer the perfect blend of everything.

okay, will probably but them before next season :)

Had a great range session yesterday. It was the first time I had hit golf balls, post Morgan Cup. I like being back home on my range. These irons just continue to pick up where they left off. I actually felt like I wasn't at my best with them in Florida, even though I hit some good shots with them. I felt like I missed too many shots and that was a bit of a concern. One thing that became very clear to me, is that the heavier shafts become somewhat labor intensive when I am tired and exhausted. The more tired I got, my swing got lazy and I was seeing big, high pushes. This has nothing to do with the irons mind you, just an observation I made while in Florida.

Watching the iron promo we cut, it was interesting to hear the other guys thoughts on the RXT's. We all share almost identical findings which is kind of cool. We talked a lot about these irons down there and we all shared a similar level of excitement and praise for them. Anyway, I just wanted to throw some thoughts down on paper.

Thanks for sharing TC. Do you really think the shafts wieght played a part in you wearing down a little? Makes me glad I went with the lighter graphite:egyptian:

Great thoughts TC! I noticed when I was getting tired last night, made me wish I had a lighter shaft. Problem is I loved how the KBS felt in the RXT's. I tried to have them go against the RXT's with the 5.5's but no luck. I had to try that battle with the Razr X forged.

Anyway, I was close to laying down a purchase but I was not hittin gthe ball well at all. However, the great thing about these clubs is the forgivess was still there and allowed me to really get a good feel for them. You guys really peaked my interest down in Florida and I have to say I'm almost at the point where I can't hold off much longer. The ballflight was pretty straight and I just love the sound/feel of a well struck shot.

Thanks for sharing TC. Do you really think the shafts wieght played a part in you wearing down a little? Makes me glad I went with the lighter graphite:egyptian:

Yes, I do Chunky. I've noticed this a few times now. With an xstiff shaft, if you get lazy and complacent on the down swing, I just hit huge, high drifting pushes. It's annoying and it makes me ponder going back with something a bit lighter.

On to today: today was the first time since the MC that I have played golf. It's been a long break but one I needed. I wasn't going to play golf today but it worked out for me. The conditions were very damp and soft as we've experienced a good bit of rain over the weekend. The course was empty and the guy in the proshop, who I know quite well, told me to go on out there if I was brave enough. It was cart path only, so it was nice to get out there and not be rushed and have some time to be inside my head.

Without a doubt, today was the best ball striking day of my life. I don't know why for sure, I just felt comfortable and in a nice rhythm. I hit an absurd amount of GIR's today (14) which might be one of my best days. But what was better was how closely I was hitting them to the hole. On a drier day, I would've hit them so much tighter but due to the dampness I was getting the ball to spin back a lot more than I am accustomed to.

These irons just continue to not only impress me, but make me enjoy this game. They truly are a special iron that offer so much to a golfer who is particular about looks at address and playability. One thing that really struck me was how well the RXT's perform in damper conditions. They weren't prone to digging too much and I suspect that has something to do with the Razr technology on the rear end of the sole of the irons. My favorite shot of the day was on the par 3 17th. The hole from the blue tee box is 170 yards but there was a nice tail wind today. There's a massive bunker that covers the middle/entire left portion of the front of the green and it seems like they always set the pin a few paces on, right smack over the middle of that bunker. You can bail out a bit to the right center of the green but it leaves you a treacherous putt that breaks severely from right to left. I thought it would be best to rip a 9 iron as hard and high as I could, let it ride the wind and just carry the bunker. Well, I ripped it, it went high, and it was right at the stick. I hit about 20 feet past the pin and then zipped back down towards the hole, but I couldn't see due to the slope and the back edge of the bunker. I thought for a second that I've done it, I hit my first hole in one. I approach the green and see that my ball which landed 20 feet past the hole, spun all the way back down and was resting against the fringe, lol. No hole in one, but what a cool shot!

Anyway, I walked off the course today with my best round ever, a 1 under 71. No doubt about it that my iron play was the catalyst. RXT's are the sh*t!!

Awesome buddy. I love that your iron game has benefitted so much from these sticks.

Great golfing TC, real nice stuff.

See you're still lovin' those RXTs.

I must resist trying them again......I must persevere with my i15s :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I do Chunky. I've noticed this a few times now. With an xstiff shaft, if you get lazy and complacent on the down swing, I just hit huge, high drifting pushes. It's annoying and it makes me ponder going back with something a bit lighter.

On to today: today was the first time since the MC that I have played golf. It's been a long break but one I needed. I wasn't going to play golf today but it worked out for me. The conditions were very damp and soft as we've experienced a good bit of rain over the weekend. The course was empty and the guy in the proshop, who I know quite well, told me to go on out there if I was brave enough. It was cart path only, so it was nice to get out there and not be rushed and have some time to be inside my head.

Without a doubt, today was the best ball striking day of my life. I don't know why for sure, I just felt comfortable and in a nice rhythm. I hit an absurd amount of GIR's today (14) which might be one of my best days. But what was better was how closely I was hitting them to the hole. On a drier day, I would've hit them so much tighter but due to the dampness I was getting the ball to spin back a lot more than I am accustomed to.

These irons just continue to not only impress me, but make me enjoy this game. They truly are a special iron that offer so much to a golfer who is particular about looks at address and playability. One thing that really struck me was how well the RXT's perform in damper conditions. They weren't prone to digging too much and I suspect that has something to do with the Razr technology on the rear end of the sole of the irons. My favorite shot of the day was on the par 3 17th. The hole from the blue tee box is 170 yards but there was a nice tail wind today. There's a massive bunker that covers the middle/entire left portion of the front of the green and it seems like they always set the pin a few paces on, right smack over the middle of that bunker. You can bail out a bit to the right center of the green but it leaves you a treacherous putt that breaks severely from right to left. I thought it would be best to rip a 9 iron as hard and high as I could, let it ride the wind and just carry the bunker. Well, I ripped it, it went high, and it was right at the stick. I hit about 20 feet past the pin and then zipped back down towards the hole, but I couldn't see due to the slope and the back edge of the bunker. I thought for a second that I've done it, I hit my first hole in one. I approach the green and see that my ball which landed 20 feet past the hole, spun all the way back down and was resting against the fringe, lol. No hole in one, but what a cool shot!

Anyway, I walked off the course today with my best round ever, a 1 under 71. No doubt about it that my iron play was the catalyst. RXT's are the sh*t!!

Nice round dude! 14 GIR's is no joke and I can't imagine hitting htat many over two rounds. You have really just seemed to find the right combo that just fits perfectly. I see what you all are saying with the lighter shafts, but man... I don't know if I'd even ponder.

Awesome buddy. I love that your iron game has benefitted so much from these sticks.

Like I have said a bunch, my GIR's have increased since having them by almost 1.5. That's huge man, that's more scoring opportunities for me. I swear it seems like I haven't missed a green on a par 3 in like 2 months. I really need to log some scores soon, see how things have changed.

I honestly think that these irons could be great for a plethora of golfers too.

Nice round dude! 14 GIR's is no joke and I can't imagine hitting htat many over two rounds. You have really just seemed to find the right combo that just fits perfectly. I see what you all are saying with the lighter shafts, but man... I don't know if I'd even ponder.

I think I am going to ponder though. I noticed in Florida that when I got a bit tired my iron game suffered.

I think I am going to ponder though. I noticed in Florida that when I got a bit tired my iron game suffered.

Do you think it might just only change the ballflight some?

Wow!! 71 is insane. Congrats dude. My goal is to one day get down to that level. :clapp:

Do you think it might just only change the ballflight some?

Maybe Tmex. If it does, I probably won't notice it with the naked eye. I suspect I see a bit more spin out of the lighter shaft. In fact, I have my sheet here from when I tested a slew of shafts and the KBS Tours X were giving me around 4400 rpms of backspin and the KBS Tour 90's were giving me around 5100, so yeah, looks like more backspin. However my clubhead avg with the x stiff was 91 mph and it was 94 mph with the Tour 90's. Carry distance with the xstiffs was 183 and it was 179 with the Tour 90's. The Tour 90's averaged 4 feet higher in total shot height so that's not too bad dude. I just like that weight range a bit better.

And one more thing: I love the finish on these irons. They wear wonderfully. They don't really scratch as bad as I initially thought they might. I would love to have some Jaws wedges in this finish.

Maybe Tmex. If it does, I probably won't notice it with the naked eye. I suspect I see a bit more spin out of the lighter shaft. In fact, I have my sheet here from when I tested a slew of shafts and the KBS Tours X were giving me around 4400 rpms of backspin and the KBS Tour 90's were giving me around 5100, so yeah, looks like more backspin. However my clubhead avg with the x stiff was 91 mph and it was 94 mph with the Tour 90's. Carry distance with the xstiffs was 183 and it was 179 with the Tour 90's. The Tour 90's averaged 4 feet higher in total shot height so that's not too bad dude. I just like that weight range a bit better.

Thats not a big difference overall. And if you're more comfortable with the weight, it will probably help as the round goes on. I don't know why but I had it my head the numbers would be a lot further apart.

Thats not a big difference overall. And if you're more comfortable with the weight, it will probably help as the round goes on. I don't know why but I had it my head the numbers would be a lot further apart.

Your head is a scary and dangerous place. Yeah, the backspin numbers might be a bit high but I like that weight. The 2.0 irons had 86g shafts and I loved them for some odd reason. I don't really feel like I have a fast swing, but being a taller guy, I might create some speed just due to lag.

Your head is a scary and dangerous place. Yeah, the backspin numbers might be a bit high but I like that weight. The 2.0 irons had 86g shafts and I loved them for some odd reason. I don't really feel like I have a fast swing, but being a taller guy, I might create some speed just due to lag.

Hahahah, that it is. Tall guys and their lag. Its annoying haha. From a fitting perspective its always fun to get different points of view. My fitter at the CPC was good with 7100 for the backspin numbers on my 6i. Its worked out well in most cases.

I've hit these a number of times in graphite at Golf Galaxy. I've honestly found them a lot easier to hit than my current x22's and perhaps even a touch more forgiving strangely enough. Even though I've only been gaming my x22's for a little over a year I've been looking around at new iron options with a graphite shaft. The reason being I've had to deal with some tendinitis in both elbows this year and my right wrist has been giving me issue. The graphite shafts are a lot, I dunno, smoother I've found. I've almost pulled the trigger on the RXT's a few times, but truth be told I think I've decided to hold off until I can test those Cleveland Blacks.

Back