Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

nice! I don't know why, but I figured you would go with the non tour Razr X. I was thinking they would have been more along the lines of your Machspeeds and CG16's from the past. Both are a very nice offering from Callaway.

How do you think they would play when your ball striking was not as good as it was today?

Seriously? Do you not read this thread. I've said a brazilian times that I find them more forgiving than the 2.0's

JB did they have the stock RXT shaft in them? DG S300?

Seriously? Do you not read this thread. I've said a brazilian times that I find them more forgiving than the 2.0's

What's wrong, I can't be interested in someone else's opinion? :alien:

NO!

Haha, dude I hit these again last night and I seriously almost walked out with a set. If it weren't for the MC I would've. These, the other set and the Razr X just had my attention. I saw the same results with these as my other times hitting them. Not forgiving on shanks though. I would've thought JB may have leaned towards the X non tour just based on his previous irons, but the Z Stars had me think he might lean this way.

What's wrong, I can't be interested in someone else's opinion? :alien:

JB did they have the stock RXT shaft in them? DG S300?

DG s300

NO!

I would've thought JB may have leaned towards the X non tour just based on his previous irons, but the Z Stars had me think he might lean this way.

I think MC'ers might be the biggest skimmers ever.

So, which irons did you play today anyway?

Spoiler
Can I be in the MC now?

Haha, dude I know they were a demo set. I just like to speculate. Just have a hunch this is what you're leaning towards.

DG s300

I think MC'ers might be the biggest skimmers ever.

Sure! You can be on my team.

So, which irons did you play today anyway?

Spoiler
Can I be in the MC now?

Played the RXTs today as a demo set from the course. I have to say that when playing them I was "ehhh", but about half way through the round I realized how good my iron play was. I mean seriously good for me. I really think they have something pretty darn good in this set. It was my first time I had ever played them on the course, and by the time I was finished, had turned to GG and said "these will do just fine...hehe"

This speaks volumes how good these irons are especially based on the sheer number of different clubs you hit for all your testing and such. I can't wait to get fitted for these and get them in my bag.

I have to say that come end of October there is a very good chance I will be buying a set of these.

In October there is a chance I can get a set of whatever I want for free so I won't be buying a club till after that wonderful man comes to town lol.

I've demo'd the rxt, MCs, CBs, CB2, j38s, pro combos, s2's, s3's, cg16s,....etc... Add said club to the list as long as it's not a blade. I have a top 2: the RXT and the a12s.

I have been enthralled by the ctapers thread, and I've been wondering how nice the a12s would be with the c-tapers, however I have not hit a c taper yet.

If I get to chose a set and still like the c tapers it'll be a tough choice between the two irons. But if I am buying the set myself it WILL be a set of RXTs with x100s. You can write that one down lol

I stopped by the golf store again this evening and I found myself leaving loving these irons (Razr x) more than I did before I entered. I went in tonight and I hit 4 different 6 irons, each one a total of 10 times. The clubs I hit were:

Razr X
Razr X Tour
Adams Redline
Taylormade R11 (yea the new one)

Each of the clubs had the stock shaft in them, and I found that with the Razr X's my swing speed was 11mph faster than the other 3 clubs. I left scratching my head a bit but I hit all the clubs at the same station, and one after the other. I am not a big golf numbers guy but I am sure 11mph would translate into a significant distance difference.

I stopped by the golf store again this evening and I found myself leaving loving these irons (Razr x) more than I did before I entered. I went in tonight and I hit 4 different 6 irons, each one a total of 10 times. The clubs I hit were:

Razr X
Razr X Tour
Adams Redline

Each of the clubs had the stock shaft in them, and I found that with the Razr X's my swing speed was 11mph faster than the other 3 clubs. I left scratching my head a bit but I hit all the clubs at the same station, and one after the other. I am not a big golf numbers guy but I am sure 11mph would translate into a significant distance difference.

You got that right! You didn't buy them? Dude, that's an incredible difference in swing speed and probably somewhere around 15-20 yards more in carry distance, if not more.

You got that right! You didn't buy them? Dude, that's an incredible difference in swing speed and probably somewhere around 15-20 yards more in carry distance, if not more.

Relax TC.. they will be in the bag soon enough. I keep trying to figure out why such a difference but then I gave up and realized they are the clubs I should have, period.

Last edited:
Went to the range last night. I'm still amazed at how much longer these clubs are compaired to my old irons. I hit 100 balls and every shot felt like money except for the few where I got ahead of my swing and lifted my head. I'm able to hit a draw with ease now, but I'm still working on controlling the amount of fade. I can't begin to tell you guys how nice it is to be able to hit the shot I want to when I'll need it.

I'm playing a round tonight and if my putting is on, I'm shooting for a repeat of last weeks score in the 70s or lower. The amount of confidence these clube instill is just amazing.

Razr X
Razr X Tour
Adams Redline

Those are some good gains in swing speed. Hard to argue with that.

Razr X
Razr X Tour
Adams Redline

This is hard to beat Rhino!

I am very intrigued by these irons still. I love the way they feel!

Setho I think youd really like the RXT's as they offer something similar to the Diablo forged in feel but with more forgiveness. Im looking forward to my next range session but sadly Im not sure when Im going to be able to make it.

I was stuck at the mall today, and spent sometime in Dicks. I grabbed a few 6 irons and him them. I hit the Razr X Tour, CG16, Burner 2.0, Diablo Edge Forged, and Razr X Forged.

I was definitely impressed with the Razr X Tour. I was absolutely murdering the ball with it. According to the monitor, I was consistently carrying the ball between 195-200 yards. I am not sure I trust these numbers, but the numbers I was seeing with the other clubs were not far off from my numbers with my current irons, the X-18's. It wasn't a full on launch monitor, just gave you distance, ball speed, and launch angle.

Regardless of distance, I was really impressed with the feel of the clubs, felt great, and was making good contact even on shots that weren't dead center.

The Razr X Forged felt amazing on great shots, but my game can't handle them. They were straight up painful on mis-hits. The 2.0's were a let down, distance was not close to the RXT's and they just didn't feel great. Part of this could be the fact that they were the last club I hit. The CG16's didn't seem to give me enough feel back, I never knew how well I hit it until it showed me the distance.

I am going to get a full fitting before I think about buying. But based on today, I woudln't be surprised if I ended up with the RXT's.

Setho I think youd really like the RXT's as they offer something similar to the Diablo forged in feel but with more forgiveness. Im looking forward to my next range session but sadly Im not sure when Im going to be able to make it.

I did a quick demo of the RXT last week and didn't see much difference between those and my Diablo forged. It was not a complete comparison though as I didn't have time to hit many balls. Would like to try it again to be thorough. The Callaway web site alludes to the two clubs as similar.

We won't go into last night's round, but I'm glad these are as forgiving as they are.

I think im going to save up and buy some new irons for when i break 85 (currently shooting around 91). I like my Di7's but i think it's time for an upgrade.

Its between the:
Callaway Razr X Tours
Callaway Razr X's
Taylormade R11's
Taylormade MC's
Burner 2.0's

Any advice? I was leaning towards the R11's but after reading this thread im not sure. The Callaways sound great.

I think im going to save up and buy some new irons for when i break 85 (currently shooting around 91). I like my Di7's but i think it's time for an upgrade.

Its between the:
Callaway Razr X Tours
Callaway Razr X's
Taylormade R11's
Taylormade MC's
Burner 2.0's

Any advice? I was leaning towards the R11's but after reading this thread im not sure. The Callaways sound great.

Its between the:
Callaway Razr X Tours
Callaway Razr X's
Taylormade R11's
Taylormade MC's
Burner 2.0's

I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that the RXT's are a great set of irons. I've said a few times in here that I wouldn't be scared off b/c they are labelled as a "Tour" iron. I find them as forgiving as the 2.0's and I find the feedback off the irons to be far superior. They are as long, and 10x more accurate for me. The fact that they offer sleeker looks is just a big bonus to me.

I am going to hit some today when I go buy my wedge.

Back