Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade R11 Irons

Looking forward to see who gets picked for these. I play until mid-late November on courses, but go to the range and simulators all winter long.

when will the testers be picked?
all exited now :D
good luck to all that signed up
and may your testing be merry :D

I feel because THP & TaylorMade has been so generous with the consumers this year, that I need to throw my name in the hat. Not saying I would be more worthy than anyone else but that you got to support these guys because they (THP & TaylorMade Golf) have supported us.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Cleveland CG16

2. What shafts are in those irons?
Steel regular version

3. What do you look for in irons?
I look for game improvement type forgiveness with good ball flight and at least average distance. Appearance is a strong asset for me as I believe that it inspires confidence. These new R11 irons are not only sharp looking but they look good to my eye. The red badge would take me some getting use to but that would happen over time.

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts?
I have not tried these irons however from the players who gamed them in the Morgan Cup they have peaked my interests. Trust me as I am pretty hard to convince to use a different set of irons so if these win me over, they will have accomplished a feat. You might not want to pick me because I am so picky however I can be a good ambassador for a product. I spend many days at out local golf course and come into contact with many golfers of all skill levels. Everyone is always interesting in what equipment you are gaming and why. Many sales come from local advertising and word of mouth.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I have tested different products for THP and enjoy giving my thoughts to the consumers from my eyes. I am a very active member and have been to two THP outings and demo days. My golfing season is year long as we keep on going right through the winter months here in Georgia.

A lot of that has to do with testing timing and location. Testing is a lot of work and weather in some areas will prohibit people from putting their name "in the hat".

willing to put the work out and the weather has been and should be great for the next couple of months in California. I love playing in the winter/fall, the climate changes and it puts a spin into the game which is good to keep things fresh and always on top of it

Glad to see a lot of members interested in testing this product.. Good luck to all!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7
2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock Steel Shafts
3. What do you look for in irons? Immediately playability and feel. With my current irons I picked them up and they just felt right.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not tried the R11, but I am sure they are incredible.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing plan would involve at least 2 range sessions a week, plus at least 9 holes per week. I will update the frum with pictures and video of my experience after each session. Also, being in GA allows me to play year round, which I typically do, unless it is below freezing. My activity level involves being on the forums everyday to see what is going on and adding input when I have something to ssay.

Thanks for the opportunity THP and Taylormade!

i was thinking about not putting my name in as my medal seasons is finished at the end of october, but i play right through winter, and am pretty used to bad weather so i thought i would just to give the scottish slant on performance in wind rain and snow :D

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX 800 Pro
2. What shafts are in those irons? KBS Tour Stiff
3. What do you look for in irons? they need to look nice, a decent topline and not a lot of offset. forgiveness is key, i need some help on my off days.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? havent tried them, had R9's for most of a season and apart from the build quality issues i encountered, their performance was good
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? range twice a week, round of golf every weekend. access to trackman at the range, and the largest golf store in scotland for any club comparison tests with trackman results. im on THP daily, checking threads and contributing where i can.

big thanks to Taylor Made and THp for another great testing opportunity.good luck everyone

1. What irons do you currently play? TM R7
2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock T Step - Reg flex
3. What do you look for in irons? - I err on the side of forgiveness after many stints with players clubs. I prefer a relatively thin topline and a very forgiving face. I am less interested in trying to shape my shots at this point as consistency (ball flight and distance) are a top priority.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not tested them but have swung them in a simulator at GG. They set up very nice.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I joined my club a year and a half ago and am very active their both during the week and on weekends. I regularly walk 9 holes during the week and then ride 18 or 36 on the weekends. I carry PW-5 iron in my back but would consider a 4 iron if it were forgiving. Because of the amount of play at my club I often hit 3-4 balls per shot when I am playing. I would use this method to provide consistent test results for the R11 irons. This environment would ensure the same ball, the same swing, the same ground conditions and ultimately the same target. I frequent THP to share information as well as to get information on upcoming club releases as well as questions around current equipment. I love to tinker!

Although I'm in Washington, we have a winter mens league that I'll be a part of and I will be one of the hardcore golfers out there in the rain through it all.

A lot of that has to do with testing timing and location. Testing is a lot of work and weather in some areas will prohibit people from putting their name "in the hat".

If chosen to test the R11's, this is my legal binding contract that I will purchase an OptiShot Golf Simulator.
Yeah, I'm that serious.

Its great to see so many interested in these! Taylormade has really been awesome this year and I'm excited to see who gets picked for these!

If chosen to test the R11's, this is my legal binding contract that I will purchase an OptiShot Golf Simulator.
Yeah, I'm that serious.

I've really been toying with the idea of buying an OptiShot. For the money, they look pretty sweet.

Yeah, I'm that serious.

I've really been toying with the idea of buying an OptiShot. For the money, they look pretty sweet.

There are some rather large threads on this piece of equipment and a THP review. Based on our review, I would actually prefer someone did NOT test on the OptiShot.

Just wanted to add that I'm in Florida so I can conduct testing all fall/winter long!

There are some rather large threads on this piece of equipment and a THP review. Based on our review, I would actually prefer someone did NOT test on the OptiShot.

haha I would have to agree with that, would much rather travel a couple hourse to a sim than play on one of those, not good

This is my legal binding statement that I will NOT purchase an OptiShot Golf Simulator, if chosen for testing...LOL

I was just about to say, I think I read some bad things about the OptiShot on here hehe. Im just glad they built a sweet indoor golf facility near me to go practice on this winter

Just wanted to add that I'm in Florida so I can conduct testing all fall/winter long!

Ha in Wales we buy cheap orange balls and play in the snow :D
Here we only get a few weeks of snow (sometimes not even a week)
So it's more like playing on waterlogged courses
I like snow :D
It's the rainy seasons I hate .

Tappatalk on iPod 8g touch

Why dont we keep this thread about the irons that are to be tested and leave the weather updates and other products to other threads. Thanks everybody.

These irons have such a buzz coming off of the Morgan Cup debut. I can't wait to start reading the reviews!

when will the testers be picked?
all exited now :D
good luck to all that signed up
and may your testing be merry :D

?

Tappatalk on iPod 8g touch

These irons have such a buzz coming off of the Morgan Cup debut. I can't wait to start reading the reviews!

I agree Chunky, these are number 1 on my list

My group plays all winter long provided there isn't snow on the ground (which usually doesn't happen until Jan/Feb). The cold is bearable with the technology in clothing these days, and the swing isn't as impeded since most of the materials are rather lightweight while still providing enough warmth to play in 30-50 degree temps!

I saw these for the first time in person today @ our local Dick's. They do look very nice in person, more so than in the pics.

Back