Solheim Cup 2011 [Spoilers]

Euros have hugs going around like they actually won something on the tee box after the WD. Karen Stupples finally gets a point. Rules are rules and no issues with that but showing these hugs like she actually played and won is a tad tacky IMO.

Tappin' from my iPad!

ETA: perhaps I read too much into it after seeing Stupples interview.

The US ladies would've done the same thing mcook77. I don't like it either, but I guess it's the 'team spirit' kicking in. They don't want Stupples to feel that she didn't play a part.

Catriona Matthew has been impressive this week.

Karen as always very gracious in the interview. She didnt see the injury, but said she would rather earn it on the course.

I cant believe Creamer had to putt that thing out from 2 feet and you could tell it pissed her off too.

Always been a tactic of the Euros both men abd women. Seve was famous for making ppl put gimmes

Karen as always very gracious in the interview. She didnt see the injury, but said she would rather earn it on the course.

I cant believe Creamer had to putt that thing out from 2 feet and you could tell it pissed her off too.

They are gonna stop this. Water buildup on the greens. NASTY!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

They really should schedule these things outside of the British Isles. At least if they insist on mid/late September dates.

Problem with Spain/Portugal/Italy/France is that the crowds wouldn't be as large as in the UK. But it's hard to agree when you consider Celtic Manor last year and this year at Killeen.

The course is built on clay, not sand.

Love the candid comments from Rosie. She has always been that way with the camera.

They really should schedule these things outside of the British Isles. At least if they insist on mid/late September dates.

Certainly the west side. You'd be ok in the south east.

Oh and Ireland isn't British Isles.

Edit to add, ignore that, it is.

It's not like they couldn't put it on courses built on sand. But of course, money talks as far as where the match is played, much moreso than the course. I still think that if they put the event on courses in the UK, they should play primarily links courses.

Always been a tactic of the Euros both men abd women. Seve was famous for making ppl put gimmes

Puttin4nogimmies must be a Euro

Yeah, Canadia is still a member of the Commonwealth so they're totally Euros.

Creamer 5 down and Kerr done before she tees off and the US still has a shot at this. Lots of good action. Look for Nordqvist to struggle for the next two holes or so. She has always been a player that struggles due to slow play or waiting around from delays.

I haven't been able to watch much to this point. I'm really digging the five minutes of commercials every ten minutes.

Kevin

I think I figured out the US struggles today though. Their outfits look like something Tony Romo would wear pre-game.

I haven't been able to watch much to this point. I'm really digging the five minutes of commercials every ten minutes.

Kevin
The slow play is just brutal.

I was acually hoping for a Mel Reid v Ryann O'Toole Matchup.

It is hard to believe that with the Kerr forfeit and the Creamer creaming that US is still in this but they definitely are.

TOO many dang commercials!!! Agree with that.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm predicting a back nine run by Stacy Lewis. That will take some of the starch out of these Euros.

Kevin

Do folks find the ladies to be slow? I haven't noticed to be honest.

This weather sucks and it makes me hate the idea of golf over there.

Do folks find the ladies to be slow? I haven't noticed to be honest.

This weather sucks and it makes me hate the idea of golf over there.

They are Morgan Cup slow actually. 5 to 5.5 hour rounds. Tough. Singles seems to be moving a little faster.

Back