Solheim Cup 2011 [Spoilers]

Not sure if anyone else noticed. After everyone realized Europe won on the 18th green, O'Toole's caddie was hugging, consoling her. After a few seconds O'Toole seemed to snap and angrily pushed her caddie away and seemed to be screaming at him.

I reviewed that sequence a number of time. The only thing that makes sense to me is that Ryann was upset on the club selection coming into 18. From a 130 yards out, adrenalin pumping, wind helping a 9 iron was definitely too much club.

Any other explanation?

I took a look at it. Difficult to tell. The caddie/swing coach spent a lot of time saying something to Ryann in her right ear as they hugged. Apparently it wasn't what she wanted to hear at that point. She gave him a small shove and he seemed surprised, judging by his facial expression. He went back to say a few more things before Ryann walked off the green while joined by Rosie Jones.

Could have been club selection. But I'd guess otherwise, given any possibility versus one. Ryann was so emotional and stunned at that moment that anything might have briefly set her off.

Credit to Rosie, plus Stacy and Morgan, for supporting Ryann after the match. There may have been others. Only those players appeared in the TV coverage. They were the two who paired with Ryann to win full points on Saturday.

Gad, if that was Ryann's dad hugging her toward the end of the telecast, no wonder he's oft mistaken for her boyfriend. She's 24 and if I didn't know better he appeared to be in his 30s, and hardly late 30s.

Back