SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

My fellow testers: How's it going with making the scoring clubs into a combo set? I know One T seems to be going back and forth a bit but results seem promising.

My issue is distance gapping between 9I and 45 SCOR. It's not all on SCOR as I have the same issue with my regular PW. I would have picked different lofts as a consumer. I could happily stop at 56....43, 48, 52, 56 would cover 99% of what I do on the course and close the gap on the 9I. This setup would also leave the option for a 60 if I felt the need. 60's, all of them, are all carry so it takes a lot of precision. I like the idea of full swings from 50 yards, but I better hit that sucker on the button.

It's a work in progress.

I truly hope this isn't a skim, but I'm going to ask.

Any feedback on hardpan lies? I had a 35 yard shot over a bunker off wet hardpan today and I was scared to even take it. Ended up hitting it well, but it's a tough one to be confident in.

Wish I could have more to tell you Hawk. Been wet since I got these so I haven't hit a bunch of hardpan shots. The ones I have hit are equally forgiving as any other lie. That relief (1st bounce) on the leading edge has let me get to the ball first on very thin and somewhat hard lies.

That's sort of what I was asking in a poorly worded manner haha. Thanks for the reply, griff.

Wish I could have more to tell you Hawk. Been wet since I got these so I haven't hit a bunch of hardpan shots. The ones I have hit are equally forgiving as any other lie. That relief (1st bounce) on the leading edge has let me get to the ball first on very thin and somewhat hard lies.

And that is why I've fallen so hard for the V-Sole. I'm petrified traditionally of TRUE hardpan shots, and on my home course some of my longer drives put me in those spots and because of the fear I've lost alot of strokes over the seasons. The V-Sole has truly helped with that.

I truly hope this isn't a skim, but I'm going to ask.

Any feedback on hardpan lies? I had a 35 yard shot over a bunker off wet hardpan today and I was scared to even take it. Ended up hitting it well, but it's a tough one to be confident in.

And that is why I've fallen so hard for the V-Sole. I'm petrified traditionally of TRUE hardpan shots, and on my home course some of my longer drives put me in those spots and because of the fear I've lost alot of strokes over the seasons. The V-Sole has truly helped with that.

I would agree with Jman here. Typically if its a shot like you were describing Hawk, I will pick a high lofted club, to get the ball up over the bunker and land soft. Then I will place it in the back of my stance...I know this de-lofts the club but it typically ensures the ball first contact. Then, I really make a point to keep my head down here. If I look up too quickly I tend to thin it.

I love and hate this thread. It really makes me want these.

I love and hate this thread. It really makes me want these.

My Eidolon's are the only thing that have held me back so far.

My Eidolon's are the only thing that have held me back so far.

You could always add in the 9-PW clubs from SCOR to go with your current Eidolons.

You could always add in the 9-PW clubs from SCOR to go with your current Eidolons.

No way I'd drop my 9i, I love that club too much, but the 45* PW has been in pondering. I just want to hear more of the testing thoughts about that club over time. I love the thought of the V-Sole in that club for me there though.

No way I'd drop my 9i, I love that club too much, but the 45* PW has been in pondering. I just want to hear more of the testing thoughts about that club over time. I love the thought of the V-Sole in that club for me there though.

I did some 9 irn and 41* work this weekend and will post my thoughts on it in a bit. But, I will say that I am loving the PW replacement. I know that helps you NONE! hahaha

I did some 9 irn and 41* work this weekend and will post my thoughts on it in a bit. But, I will say that I am loving the PW replacement. I know that helps you NONE! hahaha

Just pushes me one step closer to calling Beau lol

Just pushes me one step closer to calling Beau lol

thats what I figured.

I have hit my 45* quite a bit and have yet to see a result I wasnt kind of happy with. I say that because I dont always hit it it to within a couple of feet of the pin, I am just happy with GIRS

thats what I figured.

I have hit my 45* quite a bit and have yet to see a result I wasnt kind of happy with. I say that because I dont always hit it it to within a couple of feet of the pin, I am just happy with GIRS

I hear ya, I'm happy with that too, and fact is I struggle with hardpan lies on courses that I play around my PW distance. I KNOW the v-sole would help with the confidence level for that shot.

Thanks to One-T, I have some V-sole wedges to play around with. I tried them out some on Friday, but want to get out with them some this week. I can tell you from the beginning that I love the turf interaction with the. They really get down in to the turf and put some nice spin on the ball. I can't wait to work with them this week. Thanks. One-T

Thanks to One-T, I have some V-sole wedges to play around with. I tried them out some on Friday, but want to get out with them some this week. I can tell you from the beginning that I love the turf interaction with the. They really get down in to the turf and put some nice spin on the ball. I can't wait to work with them this week. Thanks. One-T

your welcome buddy, enjoy!

edit: I am letting him borrow my Eidelons (just wanted to clarify)

your welcome buddy, enjoy!

edit: I am letting him borrow my Eidelons (just wanted to clarify)

Thanks man. I should have said they were not the SCORs.

One-T.

I hate you. You and your brother are terrible influences, I think I may need to be more afraid of the possibility of me moving to NC next year, could be a very bad thing.

That is all.

For those that don't "get it"....[/sacrasm]

45* is ordered. Beau and SCOR are great to work with.

Last edited:
One-T.

I hate you. You and your brother are terrible influences, I think I may need to be more afraid of the possibility of me moving to NC next year, could be a very bad thing.

That is all.

For those that don't "get it"....[/sacrasm]

45* is ordered. Beau and SCOR are great to work with.

hahahahahaha....thats awesome bro!!! Move to NC, we will be golfing buddies hitting with 15 of 18 GIRS (long par 3's dont count) haha.

I honestly think your gonna love it.

hahahahahaha....thats awesome bro!!! Move to NC, we will be golfing buddies hitting with 15 of 18 GIRS (long par 3's dont count) haha.

I honestly think your gonna love it.

Oh, I'm 99% I will like it too, I fought it off way longer than I thought I would. I truly, truly, believe in the v-sole for my game, it has just made me way more confident with the necessary shots knowing I can hit them from any lie.

As for NC, its like I told TC, December 2nd we are coming for her residency interview, its WAY up the list for location likes if we have to move.

Oh, I'm 99% I will like it too, I fought it off way longer than I thought I would. I truly, truly, believe in the v-sole for my game, it has just made me way more confident with the necessary shots knowing I can hit them from any lie.

As for NC, its like I told TC, December 2nd we are coming for her residency interview, its WAY up the list for location likes if we have to move.

Well, I hope she gets it!

When will you be getting your 45?

Well, I hope she gets it!

When will you be getting your 45?

Looks like it'll ship tomorrow, since its only from Texas, I'd say Wednesday.

Looks like it'll ship tomorrow, since its only from Texas, I'd say Wednesday.

thats great! I cant wait to hear your thoughts.

Work was pretty busy today so my 9 iron and 41* thoughts are coming tomorrow.

Interesting thought: practicing/playing with these wedges for about 70% of the time lately has really let the rest of my game go to pots. I'm still getting use to varying my swings on command and it's had some bleh carry over to my iron play. Too many thoughts of choke down just a bit, take 5% off and snap my hands a little more for the draw. Less of that and more of JUST HIT THE BALL was needed today. Nothing against the clubs themselves but it appears I really need to put the proper practice time in to go from wedge shot to irons to hybrids and back again.

Another thing I noticed today since I was having all my CPM's checked is that the SCOR's are longer in the same loft then the Nike's. I'll need to haul out the tape measure to see if the length is just recorded differently (I believe Mizuno measures to the end of the hosel instead of total length or that they did at one time for example) but the SCOR's are just shy of a quarter inch longer.

My fellow testers: How's it going with making the scoring clubs into a combo set? I know One T seems to be going back and forth a bit but results seem promising.

ST. This is going to sound just awful, but I'm glad you struggled with your other irons/shots. Actually, rephrased, I'm glad I'm not the only one! My swing was horrid yesterday. I was just hopelessly lost out there. The SCORs worked on less than full swings, but if I went beyond 3/4 swing I wasn't worth a darn. I'm sure you weren't quite that bad, but it was disheartening. I don't blame the club or the testing... I just need to break up my practice better and work full swings through the bag for a bit.

My issue is distance gapping between 9I and 45 SCOR. It's not all on SCOR as I have the same issue with my regular PW. I would have picked different lofts as a consumer. I could happily stop at 56....43, 48, 52, 56 would cover 99% of what I do on the course and close the gap on the 9I. This setup would also leave the option for a 60 if I felt the need. 60's, all of them, are all carry so it takes a lot of precision. I like the idea of full swings from 50 yards, but I better hit that sucker on the button.

I don't know exactly how to put this. I like all of the SCOR clubs in the configuration I received. I hit the 60 better than any 60 I've ever owned, but the club is still cause for pause everytime I pull it for a full swing. The years of confidence destroying clubs still hangs on. I played yesterday, and I was garbage... Really bad in all facets. I only had a handful of good swings all day. One of the few "good" ones was a flop with the 60. I came up about five feet short of where I wanted to land the ball, onto the down slope of the green, but I successfully hit a flop. It's hard to argue with the success I've had with these clubs when I can pull that off on a day like yesterday.

If I were left to my own devices when ordering a four club set I think I would have gone slightly different and started with the 58 and worked backwards to eliminate gapping problems. Perhaps something like 58, 54, 50, 46? I guess I'm not sure... Given my propensity to want to stop at 58, I think I would create a gap issue. I think realistically, if I were to make the purchase I would have kept my PW and gone 50, 54, 58. Obviously I'm not sure, just thinking out loud I guess.

I like the whole V sole design but I still dont see the benefit of these clubs in the 9 iron and PW lofts where the sole is not as important and forgiveness is. I love the solve for chips and pitches but most of my 9s and PW are full shots. Its only with my 50, 55, 60 that I get creative. as much as I like the idea of these clubs, I still havent seen proof as to how they would offer an improvement over my vokeys. And I really couldnt see myself replacing my 9 or PW with them.

To the testers, if you were buying these yourselves, would you replace your PW, your 9iron, your GW?

Not a tester, but I believe the idea behind them is to have a better transition into your irons. It's up to the testers to answer this though.

Back