The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn't mean to start anything, and I by no means want people to think I think hunters are bad people, I DON'T. My grandfather who I loved more than anything in the world was a hunter and used to take me hunting, I just don't enjoy it, and don't get the appeal. I'm not against it, I just don't get liking it. Probably the same way most people don't get the fact that we like to golf.

Got ya man. For me, it's too early to wake up and it's too cold because my feet and hands sweat and then they get very very cold in sub freezing temps. Deer meat is very good though.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Like I said, I'm not against people hunting, I just don't understand taking enjoyment from the killing of animals.

I too enjoy hunting and love venison. That being said I do understand why some people may be against it, but I also understand the importance of wildlife management in areas where the population can get out of control for the land resources. An ethical hunter that does his job will provide a much more humane kill than many of the animals that get maimed from vehicle strikes in my area.

I know you weren't starting anything, I was just making conversation.

Are your opinions the same for fishing (and keeping)?
If you don't keep the fish, just release it, all you're doing is making the fish late for something.

"Where have you been?" "I got caught." "I don't believe you, let me see the inside of your lip." - - - Mitch Hedberg

well said

I used to hunt a lot and I loved sitting in the woods and just enjoying nature. It is not the killing that I enjoyed as I am sure it is not for most people. Hunting is a whole and not just killing things. A lot of hunters are also conservationists and love to be around nature and all its beauty and glory. Hunting is not about mindlessly killing.

Two golfers were standing on a bank, and one said "Look at those idiots fishing in the rain."
Ya, I find it incredibly boring, like crazy so!!!! I think you should keep the fish if you're going to eat it, I just don't see how its fun. Its just so boring.

Two golfers were standing on a bank, and one said "Look at those idiots fishing in the rain."

Exactly, those activities are just not for me, but I love things that I'm sure others would look sideways at.

Question for you hunters: Do you guys keep/eat/sell what you kill? I'm all for hunting if you do. One of my neighbors is a huge hunter but he is also a taxedermist so he uses every part of his kills. I don't like the idea of hunting if you just leave the kill. I think it's wrong.

If you don't keep the fish, just release it, all you're doing is making the fish late for something.

"Where have you been?" "I got caught." "I don't believe you, let me see the inside of your lip." - - - Mitch Hedberg

Love Mitch Hedberg! I decided to put off seeing him for a year which ended up being a bad decision.

We eat it.
Question for you hunters: Do you guys keep/eat/sell what you kill? I'm all for hunting if you do. One of my neighbors is a huge hunter but he is also a taxedermist so he uses every part of his kills. I don't like the idea of hunting if you just leave the kill. I think it's wrong.

I've never known anyone to just leave the kill when dealing with deer, boar, turkey, etc, etc. It's great food around these parts.

Coyotes are a different story though, pests and nuisances that tear stuff up and nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of anyone killing something and just leaving it besides maybe a hog. Wouldn't make any sense...

I'm vegan.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ha - dead serious. Seemed like an appropriate time with all of the hunting talk.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ha - dead serious. Seemed like an appropriate time with all of the hunting talk.

Tappin' from my iPad!

How long have you been a vegan for Cookie?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Dude - mad respect. That takes some commitment. Definitely something to think about for the villa crawl at the outing.

Thanks Spank! W.E.: since December 2010. My wife started it and I joined. Can be challenging at times when with family, etc but we can bring our own stuff if needed. I love Mexican so lots of beans, rice, jalapenos, etc in my diet. And peanut butter - lots of that!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Wow that's crazy Cookie- I could never do that. And good to hear people eat their kills. I know a few people around me who hunt for sport and just leave the kill. It really annoys me. I hate people who do that.

Thanks Spank! W.E.: since December 2010. My wife started it and I joined. Can be challenging at times when with family, etc but we can bring our own stuff if needed. I love Mexican so lots of beans, rice, jalapenos, etc in my diet. And peanut butter - lots of that!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Im impressed. That take some serious self control bro. I dated a "vegetarian" one time, she didnt believe me when I told her poultry was meat.

Im impressed. That take some serious self control bro. I dated a "vegetarian" one time, she didnt believe me when I told her poultry was meat.

Ha - that's funny man! We are very aware because you can't do anything made with milk, eggs, etc. Believe it or not - Oreos are vegan!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ha - that's funny man! We are very aware because you can't do anything made with milk, eggs, etc. Believe it or not - Oreos are vegan!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

A vegan in Texas should be ridiculously hard. I bet they look at you all funny and all when you say you are.

A vegan in Texas should be ridiculously hard. I bet they look at you all funny and all when you say you are.

True...hard for many people to believe around here. I have never been a big steak guy but love chicken. Cheese has been the hardest thing for me to give up. Vegan cheese is just terrible; no thanks!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Forget what I said before. I could do it now. :D

I'm vegan.

Tappin' from my iPad!
I only know one other person who is a vegan. Full on vegan, like no leather, wool, down, fur, nothing?

I couldn't do it, just for the eating of meat products, let alone dairy products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back