The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shhhh! It's very quiet around here right now.

Kevin

I have been pondering a new car. Is 59000 miles a lot on a BMW?

Tapatalkin

Shhhh! It's very quiet around here right now.

Kevin

I must say, I was leaning towards your wife's side until you mentioned socks. I, too, don't do socks. It's been documented at my home that I will actually throw away a pile of socks (if I'm required to seperate and match), and go to Wal-Mart and buy brand new socks for the family. Can't do it, just can not do it. Hold firm my friend and don't look her directly in the eyes.

Tapatalkin

It's not high, but definitely not low. I would try and get some sort of warranty either from the dealership or through a company. BMWs are great cars, but do have problems, and when they do the parts are expensive as hell

Tapatalkin

I don't believe it's to many? Are you buying from a dealer or private party?

It's not high, but definitely not low. I would try and get some sort of warranty either from the dealership or through a company. BMWs are great cars, but do have problems, and when they do the parts are expensive as hell

My buddy's BMW (330i) started to fall apart at 75k and his bills to fix it would've been a nice down payment on a new one. Euro cars are not cheap to fix or maintain

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I don't believe it's to many? Are you buying from a dealer or private party?

Most likely a dealer, unless I sell my truck on craiglist. I would go private party then.

Tapatalkin

My buddy's BMW (330i) started to fall apart at 75k and his bills to fix it would've been a nice down payment on a new one. Euro cars are not cheap to fix or maintain

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

What year is it?

Tapatalkin

Most likely a dealer, unless I sell my truck on craiglist. I would go private party then.

Tapatalkin

I would suggest a dealer and get a warranty because repair bills will pile up fast if your paying out of pocket

I would suggest a dealer and get a warranty because repair bills will pile up fast if your paying out of pocket

Yeah. You have to pay a ton for warranties though. I have never been much if a warranty fan. One problem with that is the newer cars are so computer heavy. The regular
Mechanic can't fix them like they used too.

Tapatalkin

Starting to sort of look at cars myself.....Our friend/mechanic has an '05 GMC Canyon for $10,000. Seems like alot.....I can find something for less :D

Not that I need a car right now, but I will have my liscense by the end of the year (If I pass the drivers Test)!!

Starting to sort of look at cars myself.....Our friend/mechanic has an '05 GMC Canyon for $10,000. Seems like alot.....I can find something for less :D

Not that I need a car right now, but I will have my liscense by the end of the year (If I pass the drivers Test)!!
good luck! I get mine in November.

More banter from me!

I just wanted to put out a personal PSA to all my friends here at THP. As of Saturday, 10/15, I go into the unforunate period of the year in which my golf snob, country clubbing Ian Poulter-esqueness goes into hibernation for a few months. NYS also calls this time of year "Whitetail hunting season". I will often be seen in much camo, boots in school on occaision, constantly looking a google earth to see what stand I should sit in...yes, I become a redneck y'all (<<< Exhibit A). Deer hunting consumes my life, like golf does from April - Oct.14th. Bowhunting is another passion, and I do that for a month before the firearms season starts, in which I will probably hunt exclusively with black powder this year.....

So be warned. As of friday night, my avatar and other things will change to show my redneckedness.

This has been a PSA brought to you by BulldogsGolf

Atta boy. Bow season starts for me on the 15th as well.
More banter from me!

I just wanted to put out a personal PSA to all my friends here at THP. As of Saturday, 10/15, I go into the unforunate period of the year in which my golf snob, country clubbing Ian Poulter-esqueness goes into hibernation for a few months. NYS also calls this time of year "Whitetail hunting season". I will often be seen in much camo, boots in school on occaision, constantly looking a google earth to see what stand I should sit in...yes, I become a redneck y'all (<<< Exhibit A). Deer hunting consumes my life, like golf does from April - Oct.14th. Bowhunting is another passion, and I do that for a month before the firearms season starts, in which I will probably hunt exclusively with black powder this year.....

So be warned. As of friday night, my avatar and other things will change to show my redneckedness.

This has been a PSA brought to you by BulldogsGolf

I don't get hunting at all, but have fun guys.

If you don't mind my asking, why not?

I understand the need to kill animals to eat, and am not against it in any way, I don't however understand enjoying it.

Product of my raising, I suppose. In retrospect, it is a barbarous practice, but we use the meat from any kill. Venison is a luxury to me.
I understand the need to kill animals to eat, and am not against it in any way, I don't however understand enjoying it.

Product of my raising, I suppose. In retrospect, it is a barbarous practice, but we use the meat from any kill. Venison is a luxury to me.

Like I said, I'm not against people hunting, I just don't understand taking enjoyment from the killing of animals.

Like I said, I'm not against people hunting, I just don't understand taking enjoyment from the killing of animals.

I don't understand it either but a lot of my good friends love to hunt so it must be a decent time. I also like venison meat so definitely not against someone else killing something for me to eat. I don't think I would have the guts to pull the trigger or let the arrow fly

I used to hunt a lot and I loved sitting in the woods and just enjoying nature. It is not the killing that I enjoyed as I am sure it is not for most people. Hunting is a whole and not just killing things. A lot of hunters are also conservationists and love to be around nature and all its beauty and glory. Hunting is not about mindlessly killing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

This. Hunting actually helps the environment in many instances, especially in cases of over-population.
I used to hunt a lot and I loved sitting in the woods and just enjoying nature. It is not the killing that I enjoyed as I am sure it is not for most people. Hunting is a whole and not just killing things. A lot of hunters are also conservationists and love to be around nature and all its beauty and glory. Hunting is not about mindlessly killing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

This. Hunting actually helps the environment in many instances, especially in cases of over-population.

I really didn't mean to start anything, and I by no means want people to think I think hunters are bad people, I DON'T. My grandfather who I loved more than anything in the world was a hunter and used to take me hunting, I just don't enjoy it, and don't get the appeal. I'm not against it, I just don't get liking it. Probably the same way most people don't get the fact that we like to golf.

I really didn't mean to start anything, and I by no means want people to think I think hunters are bad people, I DON'T. My grandfather who I loved more than anything in the world was a hunter and used to take me hunting, I just don't enjoy it, and don't get the appeal. I'm not against it, I just don't get liking it. Probably the same way most people don't get the fact that we like to golf.

I know you weren't starting anything, I was just making conversation.

Are your opinions the same for fishing (and keeping)?

I know you weren't starting anything, I was just making conversation.

Are your opinions the same for fishing (and keeping)?

Ya, I find it incredibly boring, like crazy so!!!! I think you should keep the fish if you're going to eat it, I just don't see how its fun. Its just so boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back