The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one thing all of this digital exposure has opened us up to, the critic. When you stay in the civilized confines of THP everyone is friendly. But outside not so much. I'd love to have you kind of numbers cookie.

Tapatalk
I dunno what you are talking about, I am a jerk everywhere.

Been up since 2:45am this morning for work, I am drinking Bourbon, and Thainer is riding a greyhound.

So I'm sitting here trying to THP and enjoy Briny Baird's lifting of his driver right up off the gorund at the start of his takeaway, and my old lady comes striding out the laundry room and goes, "Hey Hon, could you fold for me?", and plops a giant pile of towels and underwear right on me.

I'm going to do it, but I might be kind of chilly towards her for the rest of the night.

Kevin

So I'm sitting here trying to THP and enjoy Briny Baird's lifting of his driver right up off the gorund at the start of his takeaway, and my old lady comes striding out the laundry room and goes, "Hey Hon, could you fold for me?", and plops a giant pile of towels and underwear right on me.

I'm going to do it, but I might be kind of chilly towards her for the rest of the night.

Kevin

Do you have to put them away as well? If so, that's just plain wrong. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Do you have to put them away as well? If so, that's just plain wrong. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

What am I, a woman? The sneaky broad sneaked some socks in there, too. I'm infuriated. I don't match socks. I'll do it today, but that's it.

Kevin

I do most of our laundry. And dishes. And cleaning.

I can't help it. I'm kind of OCD about things so I just do them.

Kevin
Look at her over there, giggling at you.

Okay, she's saved herself a bit by picking it all up and putting it away without so much as hinting I do that onerous task.

You should see her over there, Smallie.

The kitchen is my domain: cooking, cleaning, maintaining the WOLF beast. I do some laundry, but any cleaning outside the kitchen is below my station.

Kevin

Okay, she's saved herself a bit by picking it all up and putting it away without so much as hinting I do that onerous task.

You should see her over there, Smallie.

The kitchen is my domain: cooking, cleaning, maintaining the WOLF beast. I do some laundry, but any cleaning outside the kitchen is below my station.

Kevin

Isn't that why you have a daughter?

I do most of our laundry. And dishes. And cleaning.

I can't help it. I'm kind of OCD about things so I just do them.

I do all of our laundry, and 99% of the dishes. My wife and I have a rule: one person cooks, the other person does the dishing. I would probably kill someone with my cooking, so I get the dishes. Cleaning the apartment, that's another story, it's always a struggle.

Funny one Smalls!

Same rule here hairy! Erin is a Southern girl that can bring it in the kitchen so I never let her clean. And when meat needs to be cooked, I'll do that but clean up after myself.

Same rule here hairy! Erin is a Southern girl that can bring it in the kitchen so I never let her clean. And when meat needs to be cooked, I'll do that but clean up after myself.

It wasn't my charm or my looks that won my wife over, it was my cooking. And my drinking ability, which ironically she grew tired of over the years. So she never really did much cooking. So while she will do some cleaning in the kitchen, in general I keep it up. It's my restaurant background, I think.

She does most everything else. She's really good with the yard work.

Kevin

hahaha, does she really do the yard work?

I love cutting the grass.

That's awesome! One thing I can actually cook is steak, and it's one of my favorite things to eat. It's so nice to have a good piece of steak, and then my wife has to do the cleaning! Of course, I'm terrible at cooking almost everything else.

So we have this little pizza place in my hometown, about 20 minutes from where I live now, called Jimmy's Grotto. It's a little family owned place that's been around for decades. It was originally in a tiny shack across the street from where it is now and only did delivery and take out through a walk-up window. Now it has some seating across the street. The pizza is pretty good, not fabulous, but pretty good. they have good Italian sausages, decent burgers, and spaghetti dinners, that kind of thing.

But they sell a calzone type food they call a PonzaRotta. While the dough they use for pizza makes a passable crust, when they fold it over a bunch of pizza ingredients in it and then deep fry it becomes heaven on Earth. Today I had a sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, and extra cheese. I wish I could give everyone here a PonzRotta.

Back to healthy eating after next week, but for now I'm living it up.

Kevin

I use to make pizza at this local joint back home called the Brick Oven. We made those, called them Panzarati's. They are good, real good. You're one of the few people I know that's had one. Do they put ricotta cheese inside theirs?

I am the most excited for my roind tomorrow. I get to play a really nice course (for once) and (hopefully) impress my coach with how much I've improved this summer. :D

hahaha, does she really do the yard work?

I love cutting the grass.

Nah, not really. A little planting and weeding, otherwise we let it go jungle style. I hire a dude that cuts my grass and does the leaves in the Fall. The only landscaping I do is with golf clubs. I do like making a fine divot.

Ironically, I do shovel snow. A lot of neighbors mow but hire someone to plow their driveways.

Kevin

I use to make pizza at this local joint back home called the Brick Oven. We made those, called them Panzarati's. They are good, real good. You're one of the few people I know that's had one. Do they put ricotta cheese inside theirs?

No, mozz. I think they're actually a Jersey invention and are called Panzarattis or rottis. Whatever they're called, they blow a baked calzone to bits.

Kevin

No, mozz. I think they're actually a Jersey invention and are called Panzarattis or rottis. Whatever they're called, they blow a baked calzone to bits.

Kevin

We did mozz as well. Yeah dude, it's like a kick ass pizza doughnut.

Having some cookies and cream cake now.

Kevin

Holy crap. Buried in laundry again. This chick is relentless.

Kevin

Kevin

Ewww. That doesn't sound like a ton of fun. Sorry man.

Kevin

Price you pay for cookies n cream cake!! Ha

Tappin' from my iPad!

Price you pay for cookies n cream cake!! Ha

Tappin' from my iPad!

Okay, so it's all folded up and on the table in front of me. She's made no move to put this batch away. Look at her over there. Waiting. I wonder if she thinks I'll be putting this away. It could become a battle of wills. Like that night I wanted her to get up and get me a Coke Zero. She never did it, but I held my ground and went thirsty instead of getting my own.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back