Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swing always seems to be coming in right when the season is over. Haven't shot in the 80's in about 6 rounds and this Saturday will likely be my last round of the season save some freak heatwave in the middle of December. Hell I put up a +2 the other day at TPC one tee box up from the pro's and now I will be relegated to my couch for 5 months.

Saturday will be your last round? You going in for plastic surgery or something? hehehe

Hawk Jr and his mom were doing bath time and he fell against the bathtub and chipped a tooth and knocked another inward. Man did he scream and he bleeding. For a long time too. Had me so worried I was on the phone with the ER. They gave a wishy-washy answer. The emergency after-hours pediatric dentist isn't calling back.

In the meantime, he is running around happy and drinking a sippy of milk. Now he's in bed and acts like nothing is wrong. WTF!

my dad is the biggest jerk ever unless youre his buddy... then he's the greatest guy ever
i am not his buddy...

Dear God the pain.

Taking a post-practice shower when I realized I hadn't put on my acne treatment. Well, I use Lava Soap in the post-practice shower (Cleans well, exfoliates). So I get the acne treatment onto my skin, and it starts burning like hell. I guess those two do not work well together. Lesson learned.

Hawk Jr and his mom were doing bath time and he fell against the bathtub and chipped a tooth and knocked another inward. Man did he scream and he bleeding. For a long time too. Had me so worried I was on the phone with the ER. They gave a wishy-washy answer. The emergency after-hours pediatric dentist isn't calling back.

In the meantime, he is running around happy and drinking a sippy of milk. Now he's in bed and acts like nothing is wrong. WTF!

Kids dude...who knows with them sometimes. Amazing how quick they go from life-ending pain to happy as can be with some milk.

I know there is a story here.
my dad is the biggest jerk ever unless youre his buddy... then he's the greatest guy ever
i am not his buddy...

I understand. I shouldn't have pryed.
man you dont even wanna know
my dad and i arent "friends"
if i wasnt related to him we'd probably fist fight

He must have Calloway in him.

Glad he's ok man. I give Foster baths and I always worry about that.

He must have Calloway in him.

Glad he's ok man. I give Foster baths and I always worry about that.

Hahaha. I didn't bust out my tooth until I was 8. He's already ahead of the curve.

Kids dude. Theyre tough. Glad he's feeling better.

I took my kids to one of those play places a few years ago. I was with my daughter while she was playing and the son had gone to play somewhere else. I started to get worried about him because I hadnt seen him for a bit. Next thing I know he comes running up bleeding out his mouth like crazy. He had gone over to play on one of those jet-ski video game things and the handle hit him in the mouth I guess. Knocked a tooth clean out. Thought I was going to pass out dude. LOL. And was screaming his head off and crying. It was awful. We leave and he falls asleep in the car. Like nothing happened.

I'm with ya Hawk, my little girl fell around the pool and jammed her tooth up in her gums. It's funny how I treated it like it was a battlefield injury and screaming for a medic...she and my wife stood by with the neighbors watching me like I was the idiot.

Kids dude. Theyre tough. Glad he's feeling better.

I took my kids to one of those play places a few years ago. I was with my daughter while she was playing and the son had gone to play somewhere else. I started to get worried about him because I hadnt seen him for a bit. Next thing I know he comes running up bleeding out his mouth like crazy. He had gone over to play on one of those jet-ski video game things and the handle hit him in the mouth I guess. Knocked a tooth clean out. Thought I was going to pass out dude. LOL. And was screaming his head off and crying. It was awful. We leave and he falls asleep in the car. Like nothing happened.

I was trying to be calm but Erica was fuuuureaking out!

I was trying to be calm but Erica was fuuuureaking out!

Sorry to hear about the little one hawk. Those gum's can bleed like a stuck hog can't they.

man you dont even wanna know
my dad and i arent "friends"
if i wasnt related to him we'd probably fist fight

i am not his buddy...
I am of the opinion that while you and your parents should love each other and be "close", they aren't your "friends". Close definitely. Best buds, not so much. I dated a woman who thought she should be her kid's friend. They walked all over her. Part of why we didn't work!

I am of the opinion that while you and your parents should love each other and be "close", they aren't your "friends". Close definitely. Best buds, not so much. I dated a woman who thought she should be her kid's friend. They walked all over her. Part of why we didn't work!
i agree but when friends get better treatment than fam... priorities are kinda screwed up
give the shirt off you back for a friend is great and dandy unless your kids are going without
dont get me wrong i dont wanna be buddies but i damn sure didnt wanna be enemies

I believe the same thing until you get older. Now that I am in my late 20's my father and I are very close. He is my golfing buddy but for a long time it was pure disciplinarian.

Totally agree. My responsibility to my kids are to be a parent, first and foremost. I love my boys, but there are times I have to make a decision and stand by it, even hand out discipline. That's impossible to do if I'm trying to their "buddy".

i agree but when friends get better treatment than fam... priorities are kinda screwed up
give the shirt off you back for a friend is great and dandy unless your kids are going without
dont get me wrong i dont wanna be buddies but i damn sure didnt wanna be enemies

I'm a pretty strict father, but nothing comes before my kids (and my wife of course) - not friends, parents, brother or sisters. Sorry your relationship with your dad is like that Russ...

it is near impossible to play "good" golf when your head isnt into the game
i almost didnt break 100 today after going even par and a few over just a few days ago

Heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeee's DANNY!

so what happened?

Roommate is about to meet angry Danny. Dudes walking on a razor blade on thin ice.

--
tapatalk

I used to be friends with my dad. From about ages 13-16 I really was good friends with him. Now that I'm 17... not so much. I think I'm just going through that "rebellious" teenager phase where I think I'm smarter and better than him.

What a rotten day this has been.

What a rotten day this has been.

Punch someone in the face. I hate rotten days bro. I'm going to have three of them to finish out the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back